Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2017 1:04:48 AM EDT
I just got out of the Army and am doing a partial PPM move to Bloomington, I stupidly forgot to get an empty weight ticket prior to filling my trailer up in Washington, so I'll need to do it after unloading and the closest public scale to Bloomington my Google fu is turning up is a little over 30 miles away. Anyone know of one in town or at least closer?
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 1:49:28 PM EDT
[#1]
i did a move last year but I live 30 miles west near Worthington.  I used the scales at the white river CO-OP in Worthington....no issues

you might check if there is one in Monroe county closer
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:11:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks. Closest I'm finding is 25 miles away in Clayton
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 2:07:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks. Closest I'm finding is 25 miles away in Clayton
View Quote
Look for just about anywhere that receives or sells any sort of bulk goods like stone quarries, grain elevators, co-ops, etc. You will have the most luck with farming oriented places, I bet they won't even charge you. There is a co-op in Bloomington but I'm not sure if that specific location has a scale. There is a concrete plant on the north side, they may have one. Numerous stone quarries in the area, especially as you get south of town down toward Bedford (limestone capital of the world). The fact of the matter is, without somebody that comes along and says, "Oh yeah, this place has one I've used before" you're just going to have to cold-call some businesses, tell them you need to run an empty truck/trailer across their scales and get a printout of the vehicle weight, and ask if they would be ok doing that.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:26:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Grain elevators are also a good place to get weighed unless there is a long line of trucks waiting to unload during harvest time.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 4:39:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Any recycle centers close?
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 8:47:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Any recycle centers close?
View Quote
JB Salvage.
They would be worth a call.
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 6:51:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Ended up going to Hoosier Disposal, recommended by the guy at the UHaul place. Thanks everyone
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top