Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/26/2017 8:47:32 PM EDT
I will be in South Bend for the next week for work, not sure how much free time I will have.

What do guys have going on?

Good chance I will take in a minor league ball game next week , don't really care who is playing I just enjoy going to a ballpark!

Any other reccomendations

Thanks

Link Posted: 4/29/2017 10:05:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Pardon our lack of replies! Grape Road in South Bend is where most of the good stuff is. The mall, chain restaurants and suck along with Midwest Gun Exchange. You should visit the Notre Dame campus, and have a meal at Tippecanoe Place, which is the old Studebaker mansion and is pretty neat. Mind your wandering though, thick glass at the gas stations means the same thing everywhere.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 9:09:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Why would anyone want to go to ND
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 5:51:02 PM EDT
[#3]
History and so they can say they been there since it's kinda famous?
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 3:41:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Ballgame is fun, though the weather this week is going to suck. Studebaker museum is ok if you are into cars and such and have time during the day. If you want to listen to music Chicory cafe sometimes has bands playing during the week. Kind of hippie place , but everyone is cool.

Be aware downtown does have a large homeless population.

If you like craft beers check out South Bend Brew Werks and the Crooked Ewe. I highly recommend the Ewe and getting the smoked brisket , its awesome. Other good places to eat not on Grape road.

Cafe Navarre
Lasalle Grill - They have a bar on the 3rd floor also.
Woochi for sushi and such
Frankies ribs down on washington is very good , but it is in the bad hood. Not horrible , but not great.
Indoor shooting Range on south side of town called Kodiac , I think its $12 an hour?
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 8:29:20 PM EDT
[#5]
I second LaSalle Grill and Café Navarre. Vegetable Buddies has good music and food, you can find them on Facebook. Or stop at CJ's pub and get yourself a "Domer"...
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 10:35:25 AM EDT
[#6]
The best corned beef and hash can be found about 10 miles south in Lakeville at the Hilltop. It's all home made and the small town atmosphere is a nice change of pace form the chain breakfast joints.
The brisket is great at the crooked ewe.
the lightning lunch at the Evil chech,is a neat twist on lunch ( lots of small portions buffet style, it's all you care to eat)
If you come at the right time of the season the Steelhead will be running up the river. Best places to catch them are Leeper park and twin branch dam.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top