Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/9/2006 10:18:32 AM EDT
I was just looking into HB 1349, a bill to legalize high fenced hunting in Indiana.  They've now tacked on a Lifetime License amendment that would reinstate the comprehensive hunting license at a cost of $1020 (60x regular hunting license cost of $17)

Linky

I don't like high fenced hunting, but I'd like to see the Lifetime License come back.  $1020 is steep, but I'll tell you now, I'd kill every freaking deer I could (legally) for the next 10 years to break even on it!!
I'm guessing that this is a reverse poison pill amendment?  They're willing to give back the LL, because they're going to be making serious $$$$ off of every deer killed in an enclosure: $250 per buck/ $50 per doe.

What say ye hunters, are you willing to make the trade?  Or do you not mind high fenced hunting?
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 11:14:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Ban high fence hunting, I read a article in the local paper that said the bill was for 7yrs. to give them (highfencers) time to get out of business. he Real hunters don't hunt inside high fences!But I think it's ok for the handicaped hunter who might not have the chance otherwise.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 12:52:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Hey, if shooting drugged deer in a pen is good enough for Jimmy Houston, it's good enough for me. NOT!!!

Ol' Jimmy got caught with his pants down on this one:

realindy.com/canhunt.htm

Link Posted: 2/9/2006 1:02:35 PM EDT
[#3]
I saw the Bellars and Houston video here:

Linky

Freakin idiots.  The thing that gets me is, they've amended 1349 to put in all these little rules about treestand not near fence and such.  THESE GUYS WERE IGNORING THE LAWS TO BEGIN WITH.  What makes them think that they'll pay attention to it now?

But dammit, I want a LCHL!!!
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:09:46 PM EDT
[#4]
I wish I had bought the Lifetime before they stopped it. Not to defend the price quoted now, but the deer tags were raised to like $22 or $23 a couple of years ago. So, between a couple of deer tags and the hunt/ fish lics. it will now cost me about $100 a year so, all the rate increase did was make me stop buying all of my tags ahead of time, i.e. archery, special hunt etc.... so now I buy the hunt/ fish, my guntag and then later an Archery tag. My sons youth tag is still the real bargin.

Rates from campsites to game tags are out of control in Indiana as compared to other states. Getting about as bad as the sales tax vs license plate costs.

Hopefully one day the Lifetime will return and be at a reasonable rate again. I didnt realize there was that many fenced hunting places in Indiana....I am in Morgan Co. and really dont get around much.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 9:58:02 PM EDT
[#5]
I emailed both my state senator and house rep.  This can't be acceptable to any true sportsman.  Amounts to simple prostitution of game animals.  Add in the health risk to the natural population, simply intolerable.

Link Posted: 2/12/2006 8:19:05 PM EDT
[#6]
This thing just passed the house...on to the senate.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 11:12:04 PM EDT
[#7]
I HUNTED ALL MY LIFE FOR DEER,BOW AND SHOTGUN.I STOP  BECAUSE IT WILL BE A COLD DAY IN HELL BEFORE I PAY THAT MUCH TO TAKE A DEER.THEY NEED TO PAY ME
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 4:01:18 AM EDT
[#8]
How can you tell?  I can't see any update in BillWatch.

Quoted:
This thing just passed the house...on to the senate.

Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:33:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Received an email response last night from my rep - Kathy Richardson.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:28:30 AM EDT
[#10]
In addition to not being good for our sport in general it just has too much of a feel like hunting in England now, only for the privileged few with big money.

I hunt birds on a game preserve, and while the birds are not as good as hunting wild birds, it is pretty good.  You can make the hunt about as hard as you want it too be.  Which is exactly what I do so the dog and I get in a good hunt.  They have good birds, it is affordable and fair chase is involved.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:09:04 PM EDT
[#11]
This passes, I will go back to hunting in South Dakota and Colorado. Period. This disgusts me just proves once again how low people will sink for an easy buck.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 4:45:24 AM EDT
[#12]
Ah ha!  I finally found where it says it's gone to the Senate.

01/12/2006 H     Authored by Representative Ulmer
01/12/2006 H     Coauthored by Representative(s) Ruppel, Robertson, Denbo
01/12/2006 H     First reading: referred to Committee on Natural Resources
01/19/2006 H     Committee report: amend do pass, adopted
01/31/2006 H     Second reading: amended, ordered engrossed
01/31/2006 H     Amendment 7 (Wolkins), ruled out of order
01/31/2006 H     Amendment 12 (Ulmer), prevailed; Voice Vote
01/31/2006 H     Amendment 2 (Goodin), prevailed; Roll Call 126: Yeas 93, Nays 3
02/02/2006 H     Third reading: passed; Roll Call 198: Yeas 53, Nays 29
02/02/2006 H     First Senate Sponsor: Senator Weatherwax
02/02/2006 H     Referred to the Senate
02/07/2006 S     First reading: referred to Committee on Rules and Legislative Procedure

Link Posted: 2/16/2006 12:10:27 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
...just proves once again how low people will sink for an easy buck.

Yeah, both kinds of bucks.

Male deer and money.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top