Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/30/2006 10:14:48 PM EDT
I'm a total bada** now!  Sunday I got some help from a couple of friends and got a DPMS collapsible stock installed on my Bushmaster.  I've now transitioned from normal guy (fixed A1 stock) to a bada** (telescoping stock).

It reminds me of the scene from "On Deadly Ground" wherein Billy Bob Thornton discusses whether or not he should have the stock on his MP5 folded or open, because he wanted to feel good about himself when he killed Steven Seagal's character.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 3:13:24 AM EDT
[#1]
To complete the transition.. from normal guy.. to bada**... to God..  you need to get an AK...
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 3:21:36 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I'm a total bada** now!

Don't you mean "tactical"?  

Sunday I got some help from a couple of friends and got a DPMS collapsible stock installed on my Bushmaster.  

Good on ya - I think the adjustable stocks are one of the most practical accessories one can put on an AR.

Now add a bayonet and you'll be really bad-ass.

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 9:48:11 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
To complete the transition.. from normal guy.. to bada**... to God..  you need to get an AK...

Blasphemy!  God carries a 1911A1 and an M1 Garand!!!  

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 9:49:58 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Don't you mean "tactical"?  

Well, I didn't want to bite off more than I could chew.  I'll need a lot more stuff hanging on the gun, plus a lot more gear to wear if I want to be ... tactical.

Good on ya - I think the adjustable stocks are one of the most practical accessories one can put on an AR.

Now add a bayonet and you'll be really bad-ass.

Hey!  Those things are pointy and sharp!  Someone could get hurt!

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 10:20:32 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I'm a total bada** now!  Sunday I got some help from a couple of friends and got a DPMS collapsible stock installed on my Bushmaster.  I've now transitioned from normal guy (fixed A1 stock) to a bada** (telescoping stock).

I will be honest, I pissed my pants in fear just from reading this post.  I bet in person you are even more deadly.

Sounds like you are enjoying the new stock!

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 11:54:54 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I will be honest, I pissed my pants in fear just from reading this post.  I bet in person you are even more deadly.

He is, Zoub.

I met him once at a restaurant and sat near him. I was afraid to make eye contact with him, as he might have slapped the sh** out of me.

Now that he has that telestock, I'm even more frightened.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 1:13:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Just accompany him to Hooters and you have nothing to fear. Joe is so preoccupied with the waitress that you can practically remove food from his plate
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 1:17:02 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sounds like you are enjoying the new stock!

When we meet him at IPSC, IDPA and 3 gun matches we avoid making eye contact with him for fear of being stapled to a hostage target..  
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 1:39:29 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Joe is so preoccupied with the waitress that you can practically remove food from his plate

Now that you mention it, he did sweet-talk the waitress at Arnie's.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 2:33:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Chuck Norris just oopsied his panties after reading this post!
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 5:54:24 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Blasphemy!  God carries a 1911A1 and an M1 Garand!!!  

Damn straight but on lighter days he goes with the trusty old M14
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 6:08:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Im just glad he is on our side.
Now he is one high speed, low drag opperator.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 3:23:22 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm glad to see you guys are finally thinkin' straight!

When Chuck Norris can't handle a situation, he calls ME.    

The best part is, I could actually say all of this with a straight face in front of people who don't know me.    If you haven't met me, think of Peter Griffin from "Family Guy," but with "ALF's" personality.  (trivia:  ALF's name on Melmack was "Gordon Schumway).

Back to reality ... the new telestock is a sweet, sweet thing.  I put it on the first notch from closed for shooting offhand, and today I added one click to shoot prone.  It worked nicely, especially since an A1 stock is just a little too long for me.  

Life sure is better since that stupid "assault weapons" ban went away.  Until now, my primary benefit was reasonably priced magazines.  Now I have another "feature"!!

Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:40:06 PM EDT
[#14]
I really like the Magpull I put on mine. Hey Joey a Freefloat front end makes it much nicer to. You know as well as I do there are lots of them out there but I am really happy with the Danials Defense 9.0 I put on my Colt.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 10:34:08 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I really like the Magpull I put on mine. Hey Joey a Freefloat front end makes it much nicer to. You know as well as I do there are lots of them out there but I am really happy with the Danials Defense 9.0 I put on my Colt.

The reason I got the DPMS m-4 stock was because I won a certificate for their stuff at the USPSA Indiana State Match last summer.  I wanted to get a new upper, but there was no way, so I decided to get some smaller stuff.  I wanted the ACE SOCOM stock (like Mike P. has), but it was about twice the amount, and there was more stuff I needed!

I also got a flip-up rear sight (for when this gun finally gets a flat top upper), two Ashley same plane apertures for that sight and the GG&G flip on my Colt, and one of those sling mounts that replaces the little plate between the collapsible stock and the upper.

As far as free floating front ends go, I now have one on my Colt 16 inch HBAR.  A friend gave me a free float tube for my birthday last year. but to get it installed I needed to remove the front sight base and the Smith Ent. comp that was pinned to the end.  So when I had the fore end installed (by Neil Keller), I also had the muzzle threaded and recrowned and a JP Bennie Cooley comp installed.  I need to re-zero soon, but I want to get the Ashley aperture installed before I do so I can zero the irons and then put my Leupold back on there and zero it too.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 12:29:12 PM EDT
[#16]

Just out of curiosity, what exactly does he call you?
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:06:00 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
   If you haven't met me, think of Peter Griffin from "Family Guy," but with "ALF's" personality.  

OMFG!!!  You DO look like Peter Griffin!
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 8:22:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Im hoping I have my Colt SBR by mid/late April so I can pimp it out a little like my 6721 for 3 gun. I HOPE I can make power factor with it per your email. Im still wanting to hang a can on it at some point this year for the fun factor. I suppose it would be ok if it didnt make PF for most of the matches I shoot in.
I want to see how your rifle has turned out now. What Colt mod did you start with?
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 8:48:04 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

He calls me "Sir."

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 8:56:41 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Im hoping I have my Colt SBR by mid/late April so I can pimp it out a little like my 6721 for 3 gun. I HOPE I can make power factor with it per your email. Im still wanting to hang a can on it at some point this year for the fun factor. I suppose it would be ok if it didnt make PF for most of the matches I shoot in.

I know we went over this with your last gun, but I really, really hope you're getting the 1-7 twist short barrel.  With the loss in velocity, you're going to need to shoot 75gr OTM like Hornady TAP for anything other than poking holes in paper.

I want to see how your rifle has turned out now. What Colt mod did you start with?

I don't know the model number, but it's something like "Match Competition Target HBAR II."  It was just the "post ban" 16 inch HBAR flat top.  All I've done:

1. Modest trigger job (factory parts)
2. DPMS freefloat tube handguard
3. JP/Cooley compensator
4. Leupold Vari-X II 1-4X20mm in a one-piece B-Square riser mount
5. GG&G A2 flip-up sight for "emergencies."
6. M16A1 stock

It's somewhat spartan compared to a lot of other guns around.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 7:31:57 AM EDT
[#21]
Yeah, Im a fan of 1/9 twist rates but the SBR has a 1/7.  I guess I will just have to drag out the chrono this summer to see what the scoop is.
Are you going to the shotgun only match at Porter County March 12th? Weather permitting Im going. I put a Briely lite mod on my gun and a oversize charging handle. No more thread drift or Joey The Bad A** WILL have my a**!  
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 7:41:53 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Chuck Norris just oopsied his panties after reading this post!

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 12:11:04 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He calls me "Sir."

"They call me MR. RHINO!"

I need to shoot some 3 gun matches.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 1:00:03 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I need to shoot some 3 gun matches.

You and me both.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:00:34 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Are you going to the shotgun only match at Porter County March 12th? Weather permitting Im going. I put a Briely lite mod on my gun and a oversize charging handle. No more thread drift or Joey The Bad A** WILL have my a**!  

hah!  I live for thread drift.  

No, I won't be at that match.  It's a second Sunday, so I'll be at the USPSA pistol match at AtlantaCC.

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 1:07:18 PM EDT
[#26]
USPSA? Joey can I just show up and shoot stuff kind of aside form competition cause I suck with a pistol and don't want to get ho'd to bad by ya'll. Plus I have to try out the new M92... Just need the rounds.... Still have those 1911 mags for you.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:08:51 PM EDT
[#27]
You'll have to ask Fearless Leader about that if you're not an ACC member.

I think you should shoot the match.  It's a lot of fun and you can't suck and worse than I do!

I still don't know if we'll have one this month, but we should be back in action in March for sure.

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 4:35:42 PM EDT
[#28]
You mean fearless leader fruitcake? errrr you know who I'm talking about. I'd be a member again if I could afford it.... No military discount there.... Also with a pistol I've never shot and only 1 bullet for it I think I might be worse than you.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 3:50:07 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
You mean fearless leader fruitcake? errrr you know who I'm talking about. I'd be a member again if I could afford it.... No military discount there.... Also with a pistol I've never shot and only 1 bullet for it I think I might be worse than you.

We can guide you through it!  You'll have to learn some day, especially if you're going to be an officer!  You might be stuck with just a sidearm in a sticky situation!

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:03:46 PM EDT
[#30]
Joey, I'm the armorer, I and I've seen more Officers toting chopped down AK's than not. Also with what I'm going to be doing as an Officer I think the 20mm up front speaks a little louder than an M9 (but those are getting replaced YESSSS!!!!)

PM.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top