Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/16/2006 6:15:10 AM EDT
I am posting this info below for a friend.  If you are interested or need more info you can email him at [email protected].  I am not sure I can make this date, but I plan to do it as well.  I have known Dan a few years (we worked together) and he is good guy and you will enjoy the time spent doing this.

Hello all,

Some of you might be, or know someone who is, interested in obtaining a
UT permit to carry. If so, I am teaching the required class on;
Day/date: Saturday, February 4, 2006.
Time: 10:00 AM
Place: Eagle Creek Shooting Range (56th & High School Road, Indy)
Cost: $100.00

The reason: IN permits allow you to carry in 22 states. If you have a
UT permit, you can carry in 9 more (including MN, who only honors 4 states
permits besides their own). The only state that UT doesn't gain, that
FL permits do is PA, and I'll also have PA permit apps. available.

Costs:
IN=$25 every 4 yrs
FL=$117 every 5 yrs
UT=$59 first 5 yrs, $10 every 5 yrs thereafter
PA=$25 every 5 yrs.

Totals:
IN+FL= $147 every 4-5 yrs for 30 states
IN+UT= $84 first time, $35 every 4-5 yrs thereafter for 31 states
ADD PA for $25 every 5 yrs and you have 32 states for $109 initially &
$60every4-5 years.

Feel free to come or refer people. If cost is an issue, call me & we
can work something out.

Thanks,

Dan
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 9:39:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Zoub ... was it you that came to the AtlantaCC table to hand us one of the announcements for the class?

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 11:25:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Picked up a flyer in Elmore's on Friday.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 12:21:39 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Zoub ... was it you that came to the AtlantaCC table to hand us one of the announcements for the class?

No, I had to skip the gun show and I am not sure if Dan made it.  Dan is thin, I am not.

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 6:28:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Drill weekend... dang it.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 4:50:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Zoub & Dan,

Thanks for the breakdown on the costs vs Florida. I have had two Fla apps for about 6 mos now and I was going to ask about the differences.

Anyone in the know:

Whats the Ut permit like? Is it an ID like Floridas or more like our In permit?

Since I frequent Fla at least once a year I was wondering if there is any benefit to their permit still?

Thanks,

Joe
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 7:24:25 AM EDT
[#6]
I don't know the answers to your questions but you can email Dan at the address I put in my first post.  I don't think he frequents ARFCOM.

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 11:19:17 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, I had to skip the gun show and I am not sure if Dan made it.  Dan is thin, I am not.

Your not thin!?
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 5:27:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Pretty much everyone looks thin to me!  
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 4:07:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Zoub is correct, I don't frequent this sight too much.
The answer to your question regarding the UT vs FL permits; they are essentially the same. they are like our drivers license's in size, shape & materials.
As far as usefulness, FL+IN nets 30 states. UT+IN nets 31, add the PA permit & you've got 32 states tou can carry in. Check out packing.org, the license tool & plug in the states you have/want & it'll give you a list of what states you can carry in w/ your selected states permits.
If you have any questions, email me @ the address above & put something about the UT class in the subject area.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 4:12:00 PM EDT
[#10]
I am willing to do another class for folks that can't make this one. I am a more frequent user of packing.org & glocktalk.com, though. I can usually be reached through one of them. I also have a couple of emails just for training related stuff that doesn't get TOO much junk mail (yet), [email protected] & [email protected].

(By the way, Zoub, thanks for posting this thread for me!)
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 5:44:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Does the UT permit allow you to carry in OH? I know I'm too lazy to research.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 5:56:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Is the UT class the basic NRA class required? Because I've already got my basic NRA certificate. I just never got around to mailing in the Florida non-resident application.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top