Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/5/2006 2:28:54 PM EDT
this will be my first vist.what major dealers will be there?
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 5:45:52 PM EDT
[#1]
what, in particular, will you be looking for?
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 6:03:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Usually Plainfield Shooting Supplies, Midwest Gun Exchange, Albros, Acme, and I'd guess 4 to 5 AR15 based companies (PK Firearms I know of for sure is usually there). Plenty of roasted nuts and beef jerky to go round as well.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 7:26:10 PM EDT
[#3]
The Gunghos(Gungho_1989 and MrsGungho) will be there...since Ron is a dealer IIRC.

I know this from the last 1500 thread posted here...it's on page 2.  
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:00:59 PM EDT
[#4]
I'd like to ask a favor from one of the more knowledgeable Arfcommers here.  Could anyone make a list of either the good or bad (whichever is shorter) dealers to buy from at the show?  I'm going to be looking for parts for a SPR type build and I don't want to get stuck with any out of spec crap.  A MS word document or something maybe?

Sure would be appreciated!
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:12:31 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I'd like to ask a favor from one of the more knowledgeable Arfcommers here.  Could anyone make a list of either the good or bad (whichever is shorter) dealers to buy from at the show?  I'm going to be looking for parts for a SPR type build and I don't want to get stuck with any out of spec crap.  A MS word document or something maybe?

Sure would be appreciated!

I'm not sure there are any "bad" dealers to buy from. Just do a little shopping around and compare it to prices you see here on the EE, then you'll have a good idea if their prices are a little high. I don't think many people are going to flame dealers, it's just not the style around here. Researching here on the site will be to your advantage. I hope this helps.

Happy Shopping! (and oh, leave some of the jerky for the rest of us!)
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:45:03 PM EDT
[#6]
I wasn't asking for any flaming and not even for the list to be posted here but maybe emailed.  I was talking about dealers from out of state selling bunk parts & things.  I have heard stories about guys getting out of spec stuff at the gun show and was hoping to avoid that if possible.  I'm new to the building thing and can not tell at a glance what may or may not be good quality on some of the parts.  I'm not too worried about the pricing, I've been watching the EE enough to recognize a fair price on most of the stuff I'm looking for.

It's possible that no one has had a bad experience and that would be great but if there are people at the show who just show up to rip people off, I'd like to know about it.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 12:34:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Buy your lower at the 1500, and the rest of your parts here on the EE.  That is your best bet at the best price.  There are lots of reputible dealers here.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 3:12:07 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
The Gunghos(Gungho_1989 and MrsGungho) will be there...since Ron  is a dealer IIRC works for a local store.

fixed it for ya.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 5:37:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Saiga .308 carbine

I told all my friends about the gun then I didn't buy it myself, only bought the .410.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:10:41 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I wasn't asking for any flaming and not even for the list to be posted here but maybe emailed.  I was talking about dealers from out of state selling bunk parts & things.  I have heard stories about guys getting out of spec stuff at the gun show and was hoping to avoid that if possible.  I'm new to the building thing and can not tell at a glance what may or may not be good quality on some of the parts.  I'm not too worried about the pricing, I've been watching the EE enough to recognize a fair price on most of the stuff I'm looking for.

It's possible that no one has had a bad experience and that would be great but if there are people at the show who just show up to rip people off, I'd like to know about it.

I'd check out PKFirearms, they usually have quite a bit of AR stuff.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:46:30 AM EDT
[#11]
For AR parts, we know PK Firearms will be there and Model 1, J&T, and I think M&A are usually there.  You can find plenty about them on here.   The "gun shops" there--Plainfield Shooting Supply, Midwest? (green tables from Fort Wayne), Albro's--I've dealt with and had no problems.  Lots of smaller tables that I've not paid a lot of attention to.  Watch your pricing though.  It's not uncommon to see the same thing on two tables with a huge price difference, or to see things for more than you could get them for at your local store.  

Sunset Weapons in Danville has been at all of the shows I've gone to.  I don't know if they'll be at this show or not, but there's been some talk of them having some troubles lately and people having issues with them.  As I recally they mostly had Class III stuff on the tables, so you probably wouldn't buy from them anyway.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:01:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Thanks for the info!
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:56:05 AM EDT
[#13]
B&B will probably be there again. They've got tons of Stag lowers for sale, and you might be able to get a lower for $100 on the final day of the show, as I think that's what happened to me when I bought mine. They're usually right next to the enterance.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 10:21:00 AM EDT
[#14]
I will be looking for a G34/17L (not sure which one yet) and a Stag lower.

My favorite dealer there is Plainfield Shooter Supply, he is a very honest guy.

RoseMech
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 10:38:27 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I will be looking for a G34/17L (not sure which one yet) and a Stag lower.

My favorite dealer there is Plainfield Shooter Supply, he is a very honest guy.

RoseMech

Bob is one of the good guys. He'll answer your questions, not BS you or force you to buy crap.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 10:57:51 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The Gunghos(Gungho_1989 and MrsGungho) will be there...since Ron  is a dealer IIRC works for a local store.

fixed it for ya.

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 11:00:47 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Buy your lower at the 1500, and the rest of your parts here on the EE.  That is your best bet at the best price.  There are lots of reputible dealers here.

Just to let you guys know we just ordered in 10 RR lowers and expect to have them in time for the show and they should be at the shop this week.
And thanks for riding my ass about ordering some in.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 11:06:36 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Just to let you guys know we just ordered in 10 RR lowers and expect to have them in time for the show ...

How much?  
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 5:46:13 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just to let you guys know we just ordered in 10 RR lowers and expect to have them in time for the show and they should be at the shop this week.

Oh shit.  I owe my bro some money and he wants another lower.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:56:57 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'd check out PKFirearms, they usually have quite a bit of AR stuff.

I found PK to have a great selection of good parts and they will give good prices if you ask.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:24:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Myself and a couple of buds are making the drive this time..
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 4:19:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Do the dealers accept checks?  I'm reluctant to bring cash.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 7:33:59 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Checks? I thought only old people and women wrote those anymore?! I think most take credit cards though...
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:23:04 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Checks? I thought only old people and women wrote those anymore?! I think most take credit cards though...

Hey buddy-where are you going to be hanging out?  Why I oughta! See ya there.  What, my checks no good?  Respect your elders, boy.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 12:57:06 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!

Now I dont have to waste my time and money going to the 1500.

Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:52:17 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hey buddy-where are you going to be hanging out?  Why I oughta! See ya there.  What, my checks no good?  Respect your elders, boy.

...haha...I'll be one of the fat guys in a scooter blocking the aisle!
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 4:03:04 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Just to let you guys know we just ordered in 10 RR lowers and expect to have them in time for the show ...

How much?  

They are going to be priced at $129.00 and should be in some time this week.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 5:19:20 PM EDT
[#28]
I'm going with Dog1.  I'll be the better looking guy with the Pre 89 Norinco underfolder with the spike bayonet.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 5:26:21 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
I'm going with Dog1.  I'll be the better looking guy with the Pre 89 Norinco underfolder with the spike bayonet.

But I'm a better shooter...
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 5:32:05 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

But I'm a better shooter...

Yeah your the better shooter.  But sometimes it gets pretty close.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 11:43:20 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

How much?  

They are going to be priced at $129.00 and should be in some time this week.

They came in today Randy called and let me know they are there. 8 of the ten are left.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top