Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/17/2005 4:22:42 PM EDT
That is a possible name for a new RKBA focus group. Lobbying and campaign efforts from other groups and clubs is virtualy non existent or hidden from dis-organization. There is no word of mouth about the legislation in Indpls and now that mayor is turning that city on it's ear.
I am not proposing this on my own. I need ideas and participation from folks in Indiana and elsewhere. I am not originaly from Indiana. I would like to take the best ideas and directions I can.
So far we may have a meeting place and time for a FTF meet and greet. Speedway area end of Jan or early Feb.
I have an FYI note to the Moderator for Indiana. I also have similar notes to Mods at several other boards. If the links below are breaking rules please disregard as I will also try to monitor responses to this topic/thread.
http://www.packing.org/community/laws_politics/thread/?thread=6526
http://thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=171354
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 10:25:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Eh what the hell I'll join in. Keep us posted.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:13:36 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
That is a possible name for a new RKBA focus group. Lobbying and campaign efforts from other groups and clubs is virtualy non existent or hidden from dis-organization. There is no word of mouth about the legislation in Indpls and now that mayor is turning that city on it's ear.
I am not proposing this on my own. I need ideas and participation from folks in Indiana and elsewhere. I am not originaly from Indiana. I would like to take the best ideas and directions I can.
So far we may have a meeting place and time for a FTF meet and greet. Speedway area end of Jan or early Feb.
I have an FYI note to the Moderator for Indiana. I also have similar notes to Mods at several other boards. If the links below are breaking rules please disregard as I will also try to monitor responses to this topic/thread.
http://www.packing.org/community/laws_politics/thread/?thread=6526
http://thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=171354

Contact Jim Tomes in care of Second Amendment Patriots.  They are far in the lead on this front.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 5:53:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Making progress

My better half has no clue I am stirin the puddin. I am gonna be in so much trouble!

I need feedback here and there.
http://www.packing.org/community/la...s/listview/6526
http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=191849
http://thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=171508
http://community-4.webtv.net/Second...ndmentPatriots/
http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=30&t=218062
http://thearmedcitizen.net/forums/s...32871#post32871

Dates
So many are working through the week. I am shooting for a Sat 1/28 or 2/4. Maybe a 1PM or 7PM meeting time. Please respond in the thread so it doesn't get filtered in my mail.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 3:09:53 PM EDT
[#4]
location?
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 4:35:38 PM EDT
[#5]
PDO member Minuteman32 told me he might have a meeting room at the Speedway city hall available.

I went around to the different posted sites and requested more feedback. I understand a process to gather a group of folks together who have no social connection whatsoever to create a lobby and campaign support "club or committee".
I know there are many others who never post on a board who may follow many different events or issues discussed here. I would ask for your participation as well and even if you are not a member of any of these boards please send me a note about your interests in this.

I am assuming right now that any effort from Central Indiana and all other corners should be in full cooperation with The 2nd Amendment Patriots. I have spoken at length with a group founder who may have many years of name recognition and political support already under their belt. From my talks with Jim Tomes, there I see no reason for another focus group like this. I have asked for documentation detailing accomplishments and successes. This group is very loosely unorganized and wishes to stay that way. This allows for:
No dues
No book keeping
No irs reporting of any kind
I do believe discussions and issues can be passed easily enough at the range or via e-mail most of the time.
I still see everyone who is willing to work on lobby and campaign efforts as vital and required. Actually making the calls and standing up in legislative committee meetings and voicing our fears and concerns with urging folks who are on our side to stand for what they believe in or campaigned on. I am asking for serious people willing to work away from the keyboard and without the carry gun.

Ok you lurkers if I have anyone considering this that are not on the board please email me directly.
[email protected]
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 6:03:55 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
PDO member Minuteman32 told me he might have a meeting room at the Speedway city hall available.

MM32..................Speedway..................gun rights.......................You must be talking about Dan?

Am I right?  I gots ta know?

If not, then you need to talk to Dan as well, but I am 99% sure you already did.  I am listening.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 6:52:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Yes it's Dan.
Can you join us?
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 4:10:48 AM EDT
[#8]
I am interested, my only issue is the amount of travel I may have to do in the coming 3 to 6 months and being a single Dad.  Dan knows my story.

We could combine this with the Utah CCW class Dan does.   Way to get more people together?  PLus I need to get mine anyway.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 1:48:46 PM EDT
[#9]
I plan to attend a 2nd Amendment Patriots meeting on Jan 28. I will gather all the info I can with regard to past and present activities and sponsorships. If everything is acceptable to share or re-distribute to others in Indiana I will copy and meet with those willing first Sat in Feb. Are there any specific questions I should raise?
I will print this and every thread related to it. I will highlight every concern contained there in. Even if you see it posted already list the biggest concern you may have that you may not be confident will be repesented adaquitly.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 3:40:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Yesterday HB54 was discussed in a meeting at the capital. Learned that when this was introduced last year the ISP rejected it from surprise. Knee jerk reactions are what we have to fix for IN. ISP rep claimed it would cost $200k to provide for online renewal of the license to carry handgun. When I read this the first time I was speechless. Can anyone say fiction? Speak up folks if you are willing to get involved.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 5:08:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Tomorrow, Wed. the 18th, is the first day to file for political
> office. This includes delegates to the state political conventions. If
> you can get the word out in your e-mails, I think it would be a good
> idea to see how many of us can get elected. This is how we can help get
> control of our political parties.

and from a brizi campaign notice.

The Slating Convention is being held Saturday, January 21st at the Farm Bureau Building at the State Fair Grounds.  Volunteers will be asked to arrive at 9:30 am.  Precinct Committeemen are permitted to participate as volunteers as well.  If you are not a precinct committeeman, this is a great opportunity to watch as our 2006 Republican candidates are slated.

Please RSVP to Megan Robertson at [email protected] or 317-417-4393.

Looks like a face to face will follow a Utah CHL class at the Eagle Creek range.
Sat 2/4/06
No earlier than 2:30 so the class is not disturbed.
Bring handguns and ammo if you are legal to do so. We might be able to hit the range for a few while we are waiting on the class to finish if it's not done by 2PM.

I am going to the Evansville area to attend a regular meeting for the 2nd Amendment Patriots. I am going to carry every thread we have about organizing printed with me. I expect to collect as much about the group as I can. There is no reason we cannot just join the current distribution and add our own individual efforts to current issues.

On-line renewal is finding resistance in the IN house and senate. In the senate the ISP wants $375,000 to start this and maintain it. This is a very ugly insult to everyone aware of the states office of technology and those who have accessed any on-line licensing process through Access Indiana. In the house a committeeman or chair replaced wording with his own to stipulate federal dollars to pay for it. The ISP was ecstatic and the NRA approved. As if they spoke to anyone in Indiana that wants the fed in even deeper.

Even if you cannot make it on Saturday everyone on the board should be doing something to further our rights restoration. Call Write or even showing up in a reps office to state your concerns. Indiana gun owners may well have a case of apathy in to many areas. To many reasons why we don't have an F- on the brady grade or have similar cary laws to Alaska or lifetime liscensure.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:37:15 AM EDT
[#12]
May I have your email address
If you do not want to recieve PMs or email from me on topic please respond saying such.

I am forming a email list to distribute RKBA issues updates. Some of you have responded on some of the threads and some of you may not be aware of them. I will not be opening a new thread on different boards every time I have an update to FWD. If you are on the 2nd Amendment Patriots distribution then I do not want your address. This would double the same traffic. I am targeting non recipients to expand distribution.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top