Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2003 8:07:43 AM EDT
Hey guys!

So I have this M-11/9 in transfer, thanks to Brian at www.sunsetguns.com in Danville. Should be picking it up around Xmas. My question is, when spring rolls around, where can I get out and rip some full-auto? Most ranges around here, including the one I belong to in the Lafayette area, don't allow F/A fire. I know Pop Guns on the east side does, but $10/hr gets kinda expensive after awhile, not to mention the indoor range being somewhat limiting.

If anyone has any range suggestions, I'm all ears. Obviously, the closer to Indy the better, but I won't rule out a bit of a drive (say, couple hours or less) to run my MAC. If anybody's got a private-property range, I'd be happy to bring the gun and some ammo and share the love, in exchange for the use of your facility. :-)

Link Posted: 9/18/2003 11:52:44 AM EDT
[#1]
I expect to have my range operational by Christmas.  It's about 2 hours sw of Indy.  Class 3 weapons are both welcome and encouraged!
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 11:54:10 AM EDT
[#2]
WOO HOO!!
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 1:12:38 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I expect to have my range operational by Christmas.  It's about 2 hours sw of Indy.  Class 3 weapons are both welcome and encouraged!

In Loogootee, yes?
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 1:49:33 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

In Loogootee, yes?

Between Loogootee and Jasper.  It's back in the sticks where noise won't bother anyone.
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 2:46:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Let shooter521 clear the "brush" with his gun!
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 4:02:45 PM EDT
[#6]
I'll be picking up my recently-purchased M16 rifle at Brian's in a few months. We'll definitely have to bring all the NFA stuff together and make some noise (in a few cases ).

I live in a rural area and just shoot in my side yard, but I'm limited right now to a little less than 200 yards and my range definitely won't handle more than one shooter at a time as it is quite narrow.

It sounds like TheCommissioner has the best setup for a group shoot. I guess I'm gonna have to make a run down there soon and see what help I can offer him since I'm close.
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 4:05:32 PM EDT
[#7]

It's back in the sticks where noise won't bother anyone.

Heck, it wouldn't matter anyway if someone called the Martin County police and complained; my wife's cousin is a county officer there.
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 6:09:34 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I live in a rural area and just shoot in my side yard, but I'm limited right now to a little less than 200 yards and my range definitely won't handle more than one shooter at a time as it is quite narrow.

It sounds like TheCommissioner has the best setup for a group shoot. I guess I'm gonna have to make a run down there soon and see what help I can offer him since I'm close.

If everything comes together the way I hope, I should have more room and accomodate more shooters than some gun clubs I've been to.  The only problem I have right now is parking, but what the hell, people walk a quarter mile to see NFA action at Knob Creek.

Help will be enthusiastically welcomed.  The more help, the faster the range gets built!
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 8:01:22 PM EDT
[#9]
After surveying my father-in-laws land today in Shelbyville I am hoping to get a private range set up.  Right now my biggest concern is the cornfield smack dab in the middle of the land.  Once the corn is harvested we'll have an easy 200 yards to fiddle with before we run into a heavily wooded area (which right now we use for handguns).  He has a total of 10 acres which is surrounded by 400-some acres owned by other members of the family.

It's looking promising
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 3:28:26 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Between Loogootee and Jasper.  It's back in the sticks where noise won't bother anyone.

I might run down there sometime, but I can drive to the (our) farm on Patoka Lake, and you're about another twenty miles down the road ...

Link Posted: 9/19/2003 5:35:55 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I might run down there sometime, but I can drive to the (our) farm on Patoka Lake, and you're about another twenty miles down the road ...

Let me know when.  I'm usually around on the weekends (all day Saturday and Sunday afternoon).
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 4:44:40 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Let me know when.  I'm usually around on the weekends (all day Saturday and Sunday afternoon).

Sure will. Probably not till next month at least, too much work to do, no play time.

Link Posted: 9/28/2003 6:32:31 AM EDT
[#13]
Hey Commish,I'm home all day today. I'm off on Friday and Saturday usually. I'd be glad to help with the project. You gonna' need a dozer or just build a backstop? I'd be glad to help and share some shooting time. Helping a friend is always top on my list. my # is 812-201-5462.

jerryboy
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top