Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/11/2017 11:49:16 PM EDT
The better half is getting a job on Andrews.  She keeps looking at cheaper Maryland real estate.  What reasons can I give her that she is nuts and why Virginia is better.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 4:08:08 AM EDT
[#1]
I shall follow your post with interest, I am taking a job in MD but can't get over the gun laws up there and probably will bite the bullet and pay the extra money to live in nova.
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 9:13:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Freedom, lower taxes, and a better (but not great) political environment for starters.  I can't speak about schools so someone else needs to weigh in on that.

I lived in Montgomery County, Maryland for 20+ years and moved south 3 years ago.  I wish I had done it years earlier.
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 10:11:33 AM EDT
[#3]
does she like money? because so does Maryland,  Marylands pimp hand is mighty large and mighty strong

Fuck you pay me
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 6:03:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 10:02:03 PM EDT
[#5]
So having left Maryland for the free state of Texas at the end of 2016, all I can say is stay in VA!  Maryland's gun laws almost make no sense, they get you good on income taxes, property taxes, but they really get you on fee's,.  Fees added to almost anything you do that relates to state and local government.  St Mary's was not bad overall, but given the choice between the two states again with what I know now it would be VA this time.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 10:48:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So having left Maryland for the free state of Texas at the end of 2016, all I can say is stay in VA! Maryland's gun laws almost make no sense, they get you good on income taxes, property taxes, but they really get you on fee's,.  Fees added to almost anything you do that relates to state and local government.  St Mary's was not bad overall, but given the choice between the two states again with what I know now it would be VA this time.
View Quote
FTFY
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 2:53:51 PM EDT
[#7]
I left Maryland when I joined the Army and when I got out, I moved into south-eastern Virginia. The only time I go back to Maryland, is to visit my brothers who still live there (near Baltimore).

As has been said, taxes and gun laws are two reasons to pick Virginia, if that's a possibility. For me, the gun laws alone would be the deciding factor.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top