Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 4/8/2006 6:18:01 PM EDT
Anyone going to Elk Neck tomorrow?
The weather's looking ok (59F, 0% chance of rain), and I have a new EOTech and a stack of 20rd mags to try out.

Kharn
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 8:40:58 PM EDT
Nope, but I'll be at Mariottsville.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 5:38:59 AM EDT
Im gonna be either at Hap Baker or the NRA range today. Gotta see if I can get my AIMclone working correctly and probably go through around 200-300 rounds through my 1911.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 7:06:55 AM EDT
Going Tuesday after work. Son has a soccer game Sunday. Have fun be safe.

Link Posted: 4/9/2006 10:19:37 AM EDT
How was the crowd there today? What time did you go? Any word on your Taurus purchase from Jim's Outdoor?
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 10:46:27 AM EDT
Crowd was ok, I had two benches all to myself on the far righthand side, I only got hit by brass twice by some guy with a Mini14. It was really windy out, so my target stand blew over after we went hot for the first time. I ended up just getting the EOTech aimed to the same point as the irons while waiting for a cease fire (it was my own dumb fault, my target stand is just PVC piping, and the dirt I put in the bottom legs isnt heavy enough to hold it down; I need to upgrade them to lead sinkers or something).

The EOTech is certainly a fun piece of gear, I kept all my shots on a 3" orange stick-on at 25yds without even trying to aim, but when I put it out at 100yds I couldnt hit anything since the stickies were so small (I'd left my B&W targets sitting in front of my gunsafe when I'd gone through the bag to make sure I had everything this morning).

Jim's still hasnt called me, I guess Taurus has to order'em from Brazil or something. Its been over a month.

Kharn
Top Top