Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2003 5:43:38 PM EDT
I hosted one of these a while back and it went pretty well.  I would like to do another one if some of you guys in the area are interested.  Let me know.  I am looking at OCT/NOV.  Let me know you preference during the weekend.  It would be a four hour block.  All physical conditions and skill levels welcome.
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 6:12:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Where have you been!!!!

We have been trying to set something like this up for a while!

Im in for anyday! Just let us know.

I am also tacking this!
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 6:18:58 PM EDT
[#2]
I am looking at a SAT or SUN from 1300-1700.  $40 a person.  At the end of the day if I have not lived up to your expectations then don't pay me.  I promise I will change the way you see some things.  From there we can grab some chow at one of the many good local establishments.  We are about 30 miles north of Baltimore on RT 40 in Havre de Grace.
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 7:11:09 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a pretty good handle on Marine Corp MOUT tactics,

Is what you teach anything like that?
If you dont mind. Could you give a rndown of what some people can expect?
Room clearing? Firing drills as a unit?

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 5:55:59 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm in.

How much ammo should we bring?
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 6:33:38 AM EDT
[#5]
I'd be interested.  What's on the curriculum?

jafager
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 9:04:43 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm deffinitey interested.  Not sure what weekend would be best for me right now.
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 11:42:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Before I teach people to use a firearm (not that any of you don't know) I teach you to understand your bodies reaction to strees and how to train into it.  Before you use a gun you need to know how to use your hands.  Modern Combatives I is self defense on what you need to do if someone gets their hands on you and you have to gain distance.  It is down and dirty and most of it comes from my core Martial Art of Japanese Ju Jitsu.  I feel that Level I is very important in Maryland for two reasons.  One is because most people are not allowed to carry a firearm.  And two since it is my opinion that anyone who is a common sense American and gun owner has or will carry a firearm to protect themselves or their loved ones at some time reguardless of unconstitutional laws.  Because of this it is important that you have other skills so as not to have to bring you firearm into play when it is not warranted.  If you only have a hammer every problem becomes a nail.  If I get a good group together I would make this an ongoing thing that would emcompass all firearms.  Military training is good but you learn to have a squad supporting you.  In real life envn for a cop it may be just him or one other guy.  In the case of a rural home owner he may be alone with Momma and the kids in the safe room.  You need to learn to control your area with light, movement and angles.  Something tells me if we get together it will go way over four hours.  Since no one here has trained with me before if anyone would like to see some of my credentials just let me know.  Here are some things I can teach-
Hand to Hand
Edged Weapons
Pistol
Shotgun
Rifle
Low Light Techniques
Home Defense
Room Clearing
Two man Tactics
SWAT
And a bunch of other stuff I don't enjoy as much.
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 4:42:29 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm in.  Any weekend day would be good for me ...time doesn't matter either.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top