Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/7/2003 1:29:36 PM EDT
I havent been in a while and wondering of you know of a good show that isnt too crowded.
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 2:02:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Rosslyn VA...A great view of the Capitol Fireworks.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 10:55:21 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Rosslyn VA...A great view of the Capitol Fireworks.

Thats a good idea. I would like to view the celebration of America in a free state like VA, instead of the Communist Maryland.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 6:34:08 AM EDT
[#3]
If that doesn't work out, there are some outstanding displays in Baltimore, Havre de Grace, and Ocean City. In my experience, these are the biggest, besides DC, of course.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 11:21:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Well, it looks like I will be camping near Skyline Drive through the 4th.

Lets just say I wont be seeing anyfireworks, but I'll be making my own.....
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 5:45:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Well, a GREAT place to view the fireworks is from the river in DC...if you know anyone with a boat, and you can snag an invite, go for it.  In another lifetime, my dad and I had a couple of different boats...so I did the 4th of July thing every year for about 8 years.  

You get a great view of the fireworks, and you don't have to deal with the million or so people on the mall.  And, you can sit in the AC if it's hot...which it ALWAYS is.  

I also saw the show they did after the Gulf War...they were shooting stuff off from 3 different locations at once...truly awesome.  

Unfortunately, those days are over for me, unless I hit the lotto.  But, like I say, if you get the chance, you shouldn't turn it down.  

There are areas here in No. VA that are good, but it's not like everybody doesn't know about 'em, so expect a crowd.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top