Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2017 5:01:28 PM EDT
My father in law wanted to buy a P239 at Cabela's the other day.  They said he needed one of new fed approved drivers license and would not sell him the firearm.  Even though he has a permit to carry.  Something seems way off.

So... confused.  Is the new fancy driver license required now to complete a purchase?  Somewhat worried as I am planning to complete a transfer of a firearm this week.
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 10:23:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 5:48:13 PM EDT
[#2]
That is what I figured.  The only other thing I can think of is that his drivers license was clipped for a renewal.  Perhaps the paper copy along with his old license was the issue.  It did seem a bit lame.

When I checked with my local gun store they laughed and said all one needs is a photo ID and the purchase or carry permit.  Either way it should be resolved.  His license came in the mail today.  So he will pick up the pistol tonight.  I guess he put it on lay-away.
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 8:08:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 10:34:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Which Cabelas store did this?
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 2:51:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Rogers...
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 10:12:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Rogers...
View Quote
No suprise there.
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 4:13:00 PM EDT
[#7]
I have had customers tell me about some weird stuff from Cabela's when buying firearms.
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 8:02:34 PM EDT
[#8]
I went into the Rogers Cabelas store today and said I'd heard they now require enhanced drivers license and Carry permit for purchase handguns.  

They said no.  They would like the person who was told that to contact the store with day and time they were there to find the sales person and do a "reeducation".
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 8:05:54 PM EDT
[#9]
I have also had people telling me about some strange requests at Cabela's while trying to purchase a firearm.  Why do people even bother?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top