Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 4/6/2006 11:48:01 AM EDT
I know there has to be a couple of guys here that work gun stores that stock a lot of solvents and oils. My question is do any of these places stock large containers of gun oil? I found a 1 gallon jug on midway usa but I wont be able to get it here in time. I guess I should have thought of this earlier. I am not concerned with what kind. I am doing some bluing this weekend and need to dunk the parts in oil after they come out of the tank. We were using 10w-30 motor oil before but that stuff makes too much of a mess and takes too damn long to clean off. If not I may just hose them all down with rem oil since I have a whole crap load of it.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 1:18:22 PM EDT
Spray them with Rem oil that will work fine!
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 8:25:31 AM EDT
Thats sounding like the best solution to me. The viscosity of it is about what I am looking for. The funny thing is that the bluing is a salt compound and is corrosive. If you don't get the parts cleaned and oiled they will wind up looking like they were driven through a couple Minnesota winters.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 8:27:46 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Cataclysm:
Thats sounding like the best solution to me. The viscosity of it is about what I am looking for. The funny thing is that the bluing is a salt compound and is corrosive. If you don't get the parts cleaned and oiled they will wind up looking like they were driven through a couple Minnesota winters.

Yea but it looks nice! How much do you charge to have something blued?
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 11:00:41 AM EDT

Originally Posted By death451:

Originally Posted By Cataclysm:

Yea but it looks nice! How much do you charge to have something blued?

I dont know, but I told Uncle Cooter you were paying my bill
Top Top