Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/6/2006 11:48:01 AM EDT
I know there has to be a couple of guys here that work gun stores that stock a lot of solvents and oils.  My question is do any of these places stock large containers of gun oil?  I found a 1 gallon jug on midway usa but I wont be able to get it here in time.  I guess I should have thought of this earlier.  I am not concerned with what kind.  I am doing some bluing this weekend and need to dunk the parts in oil after they come out of the tank.  We were using 10w-30 motor oil before but that stuff makes too much of a mess and takes too damn long to clean off.  If not I may just hose them all down with rem oil since I have a whole crap load of it.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 1:18:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Spray them with Rem oil that will work fine!
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 8:25:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Thats sounding like the best solution to me.  The viscosity of it is about what I am looking for.  The funny thing is that the bluing is a salt compound and is corrosive.  If you don't get the parts cleaned and oiled they will wind up looking like they were driven through a couple Minnesota winters.  
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 8:27:46 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Thats sounding like the best solution to me.  The viscosity of it is about what I am looking for.  The funny thing is that the bluing is a salt compound and is corrosive.  If you don't get the parts cleaned and oiled they will wind up looking like they were driven through a couple Minnesota winters.  

Yea but it looks nice! How much do you charge to have something blued?
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 11:00:41 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yea but it looks nice! How much do you charge to have something blued?

I dont know, but I told Uncle Cooter you were paying my bill
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top