Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/3/2006 12:15:09 AM EDT
Cold Weather Shotgun
Saturday Feb 4th, 0900hrs in Princeton MN.
Cost $45

This course is based on employment of the Defensive Shotgun during inclement weather. Training is based on engagments while wearing heavier clothing, as well as doing manipulations like reloads and malfunctions while wearing gloves and with cold stiff hands. This course is a must. We only do this half-day course once annually.
There is no prerequisite for the course, although you are expected to be a safe and competent firearms handlers.

Equipment needs:
Shotgun with Sling
Eye and Ear Protection
Handgun with Holster and 3 magazines (with magazine carrier recommended)
100rds Birdshot
10rds Slugs
10rds Buckshot
50rds Handgun
Beverages and snacks are also a good idea.

If anyone needs anything or has any questions feel free to IM me. Equipment can be provided with advance notice.

Registration Link
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:28:01 AM EDT
[#1]
It's gonna be cold.

I'm in.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:46:16 AM EDT
[#2]
i'm in
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 7:25:48 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
It's gonna be cold.

I'm in.

Snowing today.  Fritz must be finger-fvcking his shotgun getting ready for class tomorrow.

I'll be there.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 9:15:52 AM EDT
[#4]
I owuld be there, but the Fiance would be none to happy with me.

That would 4 shooting events this week.

I am going to be at Tactical Tuesday....err..Tactical Friday tonight at Bils South.
I think 3 is my limit.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 11:35:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Can someone pass along to Fritz to bring along some Slip2000 cleaner for purchase.

Thx.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 1:58:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Anyone going to this class taking an Benelli M3 or M1 tactical.  I would like to take a look at one. After the class is done.  I will be in the area.

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:07:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:02:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Hitchin' a ride with Frankie and the Talibead.  Looking forward to frostbite.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 7:01:47 PM EDT
[#9]
whatever cleaned my trigger bar in the armorers class. degreaser?
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 8:36:10 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm there...
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 9:32:35 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
whatever cleaned my trigger bar in the armorers class. degreaser?

Yep, 725 degreaser.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 3:34:27 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:29:34 AM EDT
[#13]
It was a great day! Weather was only chilly and not truly “cold”, but I’m not complaining. A beautiful day to be at the range.
It was great having you guys out there. Good group of shooters. I love defensive shotgun and had a fantastic time, even with my little blunders (gloves and loading/manipulating pump shotguns can be a bit tricky).
Big thanks to Sully and all those that attended (stationary slug shooters, short strokers, backwards shell loaders and all ). I hope to have many more chances to shoot with you guys this year.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:24:23 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
It was a great day! Weather was only chilly and not truly “cold”, but I’m not complaining. A beautiful day to be at the range.
It was great having you guys out there. Good group of shooters. I love defensive shotgun and had a fantastic time, even with my little blunders (gloves and loading/manipulating pump shotguns can be a bit tricky).
Big thanks to Sully and all those that attended (stationary slug shooters, short strokers, backwards shell loaders and all ). I hope to have many more chances to shoot with you guys this year.

Remember, Front Toward Enemy!
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 10:05:39 AM EDT
[#15]
I had a great time and learned some new stuff as well.  great group looking forward to the rest of the classes.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 10:19:13 AM EDT
[#16]
I'm the firestarter.  Twisted firestarter.

Thanks to all--great time was had.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:51:46 AM EDT
[#17]
Look forward to haveing you out again for a longer class.  
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 11:36:35 AM EDT
[#18]
i'm afraid, very afraid.  the evil grin and glint in your eyes as you mentioned over and over again that that class was slow for you guys.  sully was right--i didn't feel like doing much when i got home.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 8:05:02 AM EDT
[#19]
You will love a 2day class then.

That is how you become Speznatz/KGB/SAS/Recon/Airborn/couch comando.  
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 1:54:10 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
You will love a 2day class then.

That is how you become Speznatz/KGB/SAS/Recon/Airborn/couch comando.  

You forgot "DeltaRangerSeal"
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 5:40:54 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
i'm afraid, very afraid.  the evil grin and glint in your eyes as you mentioned over and over again that that class was slow for you guys.  sully was right--i didn't feel like doing much when i got home.

Least you didn't have to do the 1600meter short sprints!  My legs still start to quiver if I get a flashback going down the stairs!

Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:09:26 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Least you didn't have to do the 1600meter short sprints!  My legs still start to quiver if I get a flashback going down the stairs!

We missed ya bud. Where were you?  
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:48:35 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 1:59:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Wish I could have made it, working on the house

I was gonna bring the 11-48 and Saiga too

Always next time
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 2:02:42 PM EDT
[#25]
We missed you too big guy no one had gold triggers or chrome of any kind on thier shit.

That just can't stand.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:30:30 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

My freetime has disappeared into a vacuum for the moment.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 1:26:43 AM EDT
[#27]
Education can be quite a strange bedfellow!

Quoted:

Quoted:

My freetime has disappeared into a vacuum for the moment.

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 5:25:46 PM EDT
[#28]
hey death---I've modified my scan.  Hopefully it works right and I have eliminated my blind spot

thanks
the semi
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 7:44:32 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
hey death---I've modified my scan.  Hopefully it works right and I have eliminated my blind spot

thanks
the semi

Good job brother remember objects in your mirror are closer than they appear.  

Pick out a new thing to lookat every time you CY6 and you will be fine. Don't get in the habit of being lazy about it. It will save your ass one day!
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 8:15:11 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Don't get in the habit of being lazy about it. It will save your ass one day!

Lazy will get you killed!
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 9:16:30 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Don't get in the habit of being lazy about it. It will save your ass one day!

Lazy will get you killed!

Take it from us Spetsnaz we will (edit: HUG) you you lazy bastard guy. We will sneak up behind you and (edit: HUG) you.

Moderator:  Posted verb edited to clarify that this was *NOT* a threat...  See the note at the bottom of this thread...
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 10:36:24 AM EDT
[#32]
you don't scare me.  mike is way too pretty to be special forces.  a vice cop from miami, maybe.  although i hear that he is sprouting a talibeard
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 11:36:37 AM EDT
[#33]
Hell, even when Mikey misses, he looks better than me.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 3:30:35 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 9:44:05 PM EDT
[#35]
For those of you  that dont know, listen to this bit, it will kind of fill you in Click Here .........You Know Damn right

THis is where the humor comes into play
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 9:45:59 PM EDT
[#36]
disclaimer----just in case I forget in the future

mcnielsen is a great friend of mine and a a fellow training junkie.  as  a matter of fact I am his lowly assistant when he teaches DH101 at Bills.  all comments between us are of a friendly nature---even if it sounds mean.   I am a talibeard freak and he is the pretty boy yuppie scum.   that being said I can't think of many people that I would prefer watching my back.   I met death451 at a shoot and then trained with him at the DE cold weather shotgun class.   he pointed out that I am built like a semi---big with blind spots--I took his comments to heart and have modified my scan to take this into account.  I am not PC, nor will I ever be.  I can assure all of you that I will never post a sarcastic or "mean"follow up to a post of somebody that I don't know personally.  here is an example---MNnaloxone if you make one more comment about me or blow another kiss in my direction you'll get a face full of fox.  by the way--missed you tonight.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 6:18:32 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
disclaimer----just in case I forget in the future

mcnielsen is a great friend of mine and a a fellow training junkie.  as  a matter of fact I am his lowly assistant when he teaches DH101 at Bills.  all comments between us are of a friendly nature---even if it sounds mean.   I am a talibeard freak and he is the pretty boy yuppie scum.   that being said I can't think of many people that I would prefer watching my back.   I met death451 at a shoot and then trained with him at the DE cold weather shotgun class.   he pointed out that I am built like a semi---big with blind spots--I took his comments to heart and have modified my scan to take this into account.  I am not PC, nor will I ever be.  I can assure all of you that I will never post a sarcastic or "mean"follow up to a post of somebody that I don't know personally.  here is an example---MNnaloxone if you make one more comment about me or blow another kiss in my direction you'll get a face full of fox.  by the way--missed you tonight.

fvck you!  I Hate all of you guys!!!

J/K.  Love you guys in that non-cowboy sort of way.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 6:53:29 AM EDT
[#38]
I know you missed me, Talibeard.  Almost left work early due to back pain yesterday.  Back to the chiropractor today.   I trust you gave the boys enough crap without me.
(I'm still hearing "Dirka-dirka" in my dreams...)

If we are pro-smiley, someone tell me WTF this one is:
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top