Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2003 9:59:39 PM EDT
Lauer bought out all the Coastal cans and are selling them at a reasonable price.  hopefully i'll get there in time for a .223 can.  this will be my first NFA purchase!  

i was wondering if/after i finally get it will i be able to bring it to MN ever?
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 5:12:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Probably not, we're the State where nothing is allowed.
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 5:52:13 AM EDT
[#2]
sure ya can, I know many pds that have suppressors
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 10:38:02 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
sure ya can, I know many pds that have suppressors

So what does that have to do with a citizen from another state bringing a suppressor here?
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 11:06:27 AM EDT
[#4]
mn bans the ownership of suppressors here. their is no law allowence for pds, class 2 or 3, sheriffs and many others but the aft still approves them. you can also own a suppressor in mn if its a collectors item or a piece of history or art.  their is no law about using the suppressor or a citizen from another state from bringing them into this fine state for a temp amout of time.
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 2:05:07 PM EDT
[#5]
dealer told me today i could drive though MN with it in my possesion but not use it there.

oh, i did purchase it today.  now the 'fun' begins!
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 12:28:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Recent change in the MNstate laws allow Police Departments and other Law Enforcement agencys to own cans. Just passed last session. Don't see it changing for citizens any time soon though.
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 6:25:31 AM EDT
[#7]
i know  it was up on there agenda but havnt heard it passed before this, well thats one step torwards civies owning them
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 6:27:53 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Lauer bought out all the Coastal cans and are selling them at a reasonable price.  hopefully i'll get there in time for a .223 can.  this will be my first NFA purchase!  

i was wondering if/after i finally get it will i be able to bring it to MN ever?

Per ATF, you can't bring a can (or any other NFA item) into a state where they aren't legal.  Try going to NJ with your PA registered MG or can sometime and see what happens!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top