Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2003 10:34:30 AM EDT
Is this the right form to fill out before one can purchase an AR-15?

Here's the link:  http://www.dps.state.mn.us/bca/Forms/Documents/FirearmAppPurchaseTransfer.pdf

Thank you for your time
Bert
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 11:16:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Bert, the easiest thing to do is just to go to your local police station & ask for the forms because they always stock the latest forms right there.  You can fill them in right there & hand them to the receptionist who will then give you a receipt & tell you that you will hear from them in a week.  They will send you a card.

I've seen a post on here somewhere that your CCW permit is a substitute for that card, but I can't confirm it.
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 12:24:13 PM EDT
[#2]
In my home town they did NOT send it out, just like the CCW Permits, they prefer that they get picked up in person.  This prevents them from getting into the wrong hands (though it's a bit more cumbersome to pick it up).
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 12:31:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Thank you both for the quick replys.  I'm in a small town of 400, so hopefully they have them. I was looking at what information I needed to know beforehand to make it a more speedier process.  Thanks again
Bert
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 4:34:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 7:06:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Ive heard mixed statements about a  pistol purchase for a assult rifle, well the post bans are not a aussult rifle but so some require a permit and alot dont, my aft inspector told me if it is a ar or ak lookalike then one is needed as it is mn state law not federal. but i know many dealers and manufactures that do not require this.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top