Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/12/2003 6:10:54 PM EDT
Sept 14 - Defensive Shotgun 1 - Princeton, MN

www.defensive-edge.net/firearmscourses.html#defensive%20shotgun

Ok... Who here is going?

I am. Even if you all stay home and knit!

I took the handgun course for my permit and had a great time. I took the carbine course and had a better time. I can only imagine what a hoot the shotgun course will be.

Maybe if we get enough confirmed people attending, Sully might cut us some slack on the price. Even if there is no discount, I have EVERY faith that it will be worth every penny.

(Hey Sully! Do I get a frequent student discount?)

Let's hear it gang.
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 6:56:13 PM EDT
[#1]
OK screw it.... I'll hijack my own thread......

I  went to the Del-Tone range and got bit by some bug.

The site of the bite/sting is red and swollen, there are spreading "fingers" of red discoloration approx 1 inch square. The area under the red is hard and a bit tender. One site has been seeping a clear oil that dries to an amber crystaline thing.

My question is "What fuckin demon spawn bit me?!"

Saw the RN at work and she wanted me to take an epsom salts bath... then hit me with some hydrocortozone cream and put enough gauze on me to pass as an extra on the "Mummy".

I figgered camping types would know.

Link Posted: 8/19/2003 11:07:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 1:31:58 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

You do have a 3 point sling for your shottie..dont you?

Actually... What do you have for a Mossy 500 with a surefire on it?
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 11:30:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 12:51:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 5:31:15 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
FedGunner,
    What is that thing on top of that shotgun???  I just might have to paint the targets red again.

That gun needs a sidesaddle, but your mount is in the way.  If you intend on keeping the mount, you could get a 2 or 4-shell sidesaddle, or mount a sidesaddle on the stock.  An oversize safety selector, night sites, and a good 3 point sling would also be in order.

We have had several inquiries into Fritz's annual shotgun course.  It will be a great day of training as usual.  Let's see if anyone is up to the challenge of shooting faster and more accurately than Fritz (who uses an 870), and you can shoot any autoloader you can muster.  I cannot do it, but I have fun trying.  Fritz will also do a great eye opening demonstration  of ammunition performance.  Anyways we hope to see many of you there.  

I am also working on some late fall and winter Alumni shoots if anyone is interested in having a little fun and being pushed in their limits.

Stay Safe,
Sully
Chief Instructor
www.thedefensiveedge.com

WOOT!

Count me in!

I've become addicted to Sully's courses!
Is there a twelve step program for that kind of thing?
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 7:25:34 PM EDT
[#7]
If I can get the money in time I'll be taking this class with U FedGunner!!!  I got some time to save for it though.  Lots of plasma donations...  That's all...    Shooting is expensive, and I'm poor & cheap!  

Gotta get up at the buttcrack of dawn for the Handgun class now.  G'night!
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 7:51:19 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
If I can get the money in time I'll be taking this class with U FedGunner!!!  I got some time to save for it though.  Lots of plasma donations...  That's all...    Shooting is expensive, and I'm poor & cheap!  

Gotta get up at the buttcrack of dawn for the Handgun class now.  G'night!

Real story...

My wife had hired a new office manager for our business. Her name is Dawn.

Being unused to anyone in the office, I look my wife in the eye and loudly state, "I'm so fuckin horny, even the crack of dawn isn't safe."

Dawn started giggling and I got about 3 foot tall.

(had the wife proof it.. it did in fact happen)
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 7:03:24 PM EDT
[#9]
No one other than myself is gonna be there? I don't believe it!
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 8:07:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Don't feel bad there buddy!  I'm checking up on my finances tomorrow.  If I've still got enough $$ I'll be going there with you!

SULLY, WHAT ARE THE AMMUNITION REQUIREMENTS!?  Can  you ask Fritz what types of ammunition are required?  X amount of 00 Buck, X amount of Slugs, X amount of Multi-purpose birdshot???  I have no idea about the ammo requirements.

I'll hopefully still have some $$ for it!

NEVERMIND...  I'm sorry FedGunner!  I was so anxious to check out my finances, I just did them tonight.  After all the money I've spent on books, drafting supplies, this month's rent, and living expenses, I'm not going to be able to afford it!  I've written a rubber check!!!  SHIT!  I hope it doesn't go through until I can deposit my last paycheck from the Cemetery tomorrow!!!  If my (late) rent check gets processed before I can get my last check deposited, I'm up sh!t creek!  I'm going to be $23.66 short on my rent check if I can't get that check in ASAP tomorrow.  I'll have my friend who works at the bank force its post immediately so at least I can be sure I don't bounce.  I hate having to pull favors for that crap though.  My check tomorrow is only enough to pay the last $23.66 of my rent, and maybe some groceries to get me through the next month.

College SU(KS A$$!  It seems that being a poor college student is a Pre-Requisite for life.

Sorry, Amigo, I can't afford it.  I checked, and mother hubbard's cupboards are almost empty.  Time to stock up on Ramen noodles, pasta-roni, Campbell's soups, and off-brand foods.    I was really looking forward to this class too!!!  I wanted to learn how to use my shotty to its full potential...  

Sorry if I dissapointed you half as much as I disappointed myself with my finances...  Next time we see one another you should just me upside the head.
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 6:54:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Ok...lISTEN TO ME NOW AND HEAR ME LATER!

Guy.. school comes first.

If You had told me you had skipped a textbook or a lab fee to make the course... I'd have kicked yer ass.

Dude... you can't expect to get everything you want .. especially at your age.    I worked long and hard to be able to spend money like an idiot.

You made some good choices... stay with them.

We'll catch you on the next one...

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top