Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 12
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 6:29:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Just need to put the disclaimer out there,  do your own research. Don’t trust masked.   That’ll be it from me about this guy.  I’m not going to get anymore involved.  He’s already showed his hand by googling me and trying to dox me.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 6:31:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just need to put the disclaimer out there,  do your own research. Don’t trust masked.   That’ll be it from me about this guy.  I’m not going to get anymore involved.  He’s already showed his hand by googling me and trying to dox me.
View Quote
Doxing is not cool
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 6:32:45 PM EDT
[#3]
This may be a dumb question. Is it legal to purchase an AK47 style other?
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 6:33:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I never said it was. I offered a PERSONAL opinion based on the information I've received.

We designed our Other Weapon WITH Atf and SLFU. I took a different approach and stayed directly between the lines.

It was and is an informed decision for our product.

I have an account with SB - We sell the SBM4 direct. SB tactical are awesome people.

If I thought putting an SBA-3 on our product was the right way to go, it'd be there. I don't so, it's not.

You don't have to buy from me. You don't have to purchase what I say. I'm not God.

That being said, liability isn't on us anymore...As of Tuesday, I don't quite care what you do.

If the ATF randomly changes their mind next week - That sounds like a YOU problem.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah that's a load of bullshit. The SBA3 has been out for a while now and we have the SBA4 too.

Neither of them were the first to be adjustable by the user.

Magpul is coming out with theirs is that is also adjustable.

Your ATF agent isn't the law.
I never said it was. I offered a PERSONAL opinion based on the information I've received.

We designed our Other Weapon WITH Atf and SLFU. I took a different approach and stayed directly between the lines.

It was and is an informed decision for our product.

I have an account with SB - We sell the SBM4 direct. SB tactical are awesome people.

If I thought putting an SBA-3 on our product was the right way to go, it'd be there. I don't so, it's not.

You don't have to buy from me. You don't have to purchase what I say. I'm not God.

That being said, liability isn't on us anymore...As of Tuesday, I don't quite care what you do.

If the ATF randomly changes their mind next week - That sounds like a YOU problem.
Alright dude I get it. But you really need to quit a fear mongering. Making an other is not rocket science.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 6:37:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Doxing is not cool
View Quote
Honestly it isn’t an issue for me. Like I said. Same username for everything.  Wish the mods would see it though.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 6:37:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote
Contact red planet arsenal. They have them on the wall ready to go.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 6:38:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yes check out:

https://www.redplanetarsenal.com/
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 6:39:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Honestly it isn’t an issue for me. Like I said. Same username for everything.  Wish the mods would see it though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

What the fuck is doxing?

You literally said unless he googled my name.

I'm an FFL, my name and address are google-able.

What's the problem?

Quoted:

Alright dude I get it. But you really need to quit a fear mongering. Making an other is not rocket science.
I'm not attempting to fear monger.

I apologize that it was seen this way.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 6:41:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
Seems that way. Edit: You mean complete? Red Planet has them. Lowers, I dont see why not if the same standards are applied to all lowers but I dont know that.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 6:41:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I don't give this thread long before its nuked. Anyone have anymore popcorn? I ran out.
View Quote
Yep. More popcorn time.

Link Posted: 2/18/2020 6:41:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
Short answer. Yes.

Long answer is everything but the 7.62 x39 is good to go.
But then madsmith is making them in that caliber.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 6:48:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

What the fuck is doxing?

What's the problem?

I'm not attempting to fear monger.

I apologize that it was seen this way.
View Quote
Quoted.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 6:50:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote
its just not cool-
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 6:51:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Quoted.
View Quote
You didn't answer my question.

What did I allegedly do that was a problem?

Acting like the victim when you aggravate the situation, is really kind of sick...
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 6:52:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote
Interesting question. Since the courts have, in the past, have defined what the semiautomatic firearm "AK-47 type" actually is using SLFU's three pronged test. If the Other gets past it then it should be 100% legal. But who knows this being CT. I'm not a lawyer and I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn last night.

Sec. 53a-3. Definitions.

"(19) “Firearm” means any sawed-off shotgun, machine gun, rifle, shotgun, pistol, revolver or other weapon, whether loaded or unloaded from which a shot may be discharged;"

State v. Kalman

And for shits and giggles lets toss this out there.

And for even more shits and giggles. The Copy/Duplicates any such rifles test SLFU put out there.

"(16) “Rifle” means a weapon designed or redesigned, made or remade, and intended to be fired from the shoulder and designed or redesigned and made or remade to use the energy of the explosive in a fixed metallic cartridge to fire only a single projectile through a rifled bore for each single pull of the trigger;"

"(18) “Pistol” or “revolver” means any firearm having a barrel less than twelve inches;"

Posted edited and updated with additional links
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 6:57:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

What the fuck is doxing?

What's the problem?
View Quote
Um doing that is not cool!
posting it on this or any forum is not cool.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 7:02:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:Um doing that is not cool!
View All Quotes
Quoted:Um doing that is not cool!
Doing WHAT?

He asked if someone had googled it.

Quoted:
I am, I have no idea how he would have my name unless he googled my username here.  I have no idea who he is.
I'm unclear as to what happened that was wrong.

I'm incredibly confused.

What the fuck is doxing?

Was googling it wrong? Why the fuck was it there to begin with?
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 7:04:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
What the fuck is doxing?
View Quote
The more you know. From Wikipedia:

Doxing
Doxing, or doxxing, is the Internet-based practice of researching and broadcasting private or identifying information about an individual or organization. The methods employed to acquire this information include searching publicly available databases and social media websites, hacking, and social engineering.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 7:05:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 7:05:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

The more you know. From Wikipedia:

Doxing
Doxing, or doxxing, is the Internet-based practice of researching and broadcasting private or identifying information about an individual or organization. The methods employed to acquire this information include searching publicly available databases and social media websites, hacking, and social engineering.
View Quote
Oh.

Well, I fucked up then.

Wasn't done to be malicious.

I'll go back and fix it.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 7:08:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 7:09:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Oh.

Well, I fucked up then.

Wasn't done to be malicious.

I'll go back and fix it.
View Quote
Quoted.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 7:17:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Do you guys argue about getting free beer?  

I might hold off on a lower for a few more weeks and see how things go.

I will in the meantime build a 12.5 for my current “other”
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 7:18:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote
Where is there free beer?
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 7:18:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 7:20:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote
As long as it’s not lite beer- light beer is ghey
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 7:23:07 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote
Of course. Who is giving away the beer? Is it really free? Are they licensed to do so? Does the ATF (you know since Alcohol is their preview) or state say its legal? What kind of beer is it? You know all the important things to argue (and bitch and moan) over.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 7:23:29 PM EDT
[#28]
Coors latte
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 7:40:11 PM EDT
[#29]
I have resorted to pop chips since I am out of popcorn but Ill certainly take free beer.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 8:01:25 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I have resorted to pop chips since I am out of popcorn but Ill certainly take free beer.
View Quote
Gotta be honest.  This is the most action this sub forum has seen in ages.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 8:12:45 PM EDT
[#31]
I'm hear four the gang bang
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 8:14:38 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
My rear four the gang bang
View Quote
LOL
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 8:14:51 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I'm hear four the gang bang
View Quote
Tag.  Your it.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 8:18:27 PM EDT
[#34]

Never forgive.

Never forget.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 8:22:54 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
LOL
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My rear four the gang bang
LOL
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 8:33:51 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote
It was a joke
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 8:37:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
It was a joke
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was a joke
Lol I know
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 8:42:17 PM EDT
[#38]
My billet lowers shipped ....

Now to trade some shit to get some uppers
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 8:56:21 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Of course. Who is giving away the beer? Is it really free? Are they licensed to do so? Does the ATF (you know since Alcohol is their preview) or state say its legal? What kind of beer is it? You know all the important things to argue (and bitch and moan) over.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/18/2020 9:02:55 PM EDT
[#40]
He’s using the red letters.

We’re all fucked.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 9:12:45 PM EDT
[#41]
Here's a question.

Lets say this whole thing sticks and no one gets arrested for messing up. Etc.

What will this do to the preban market.

Others already hurt them once.

Being able to build your own now from scratch and not have to eat a 20% excise + insurance tax makes others the way tk go for a build that gets as close as possible to "the real thing".
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 9:14:28 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Here's a question.

Being able to build your own now from scratch and not have to eat a 20% excise + insurance tax makes others the way tk go for a build that gets as close as possible to "the real thing".
View Quote
They’re already the lowest they’ve ever been in like 15+ years.   I really don’t think it matters at this point.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 9:15:17 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Here's a question.

View Quote
I don’t think it has an impact on prebans.  The others will never actually be a rifle.  A lot of events and training centers won’t let you use an other (sig academy in nh for example). I have a preban and currently looking for another.   This doesn’t discourage me from preban prices.
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 12:28:56 PM EDT
[#44]
I'll throw some gas on this fire...

I understand that federal and state laws are cumulative; meaning you have to comply with both simultaneously.
I also understand that the State and feds have different legal definitions of various firearms.

So...why do we put fore grips on our "others" here? It's not required to skirt any state definitions.
If one were to build a braced, 12.5" other without the fore grip, it's still an other according to the state.
Federally, it would be defined as a pistol. You would not be in violation of any law.

Discuss....
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 1:51:58 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I understand that federal and state laws are cumulative; meaning you have to comply with both simultaneously.
I also understand that the State and feds have different legal definitions of various firearms.

So...why do we put fore grips on our "others" here? It's not required to skirt any state definitions.
If one were to build a braced, 12.5" other without the fore grip, it's still an other according to the state.
Federally, it would be defined as a pistol. You would not be in violation of any law.

Discuss....
View Quote
I agree and that's my position...but I'm not a lawyer
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 2:35:00 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Discuss....
View Quote
Literally hitler.
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 3:11:46 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote
You don't have to.
I remember back when the Freedom Shoppe first started selling others, they didn't have a fore-grip. They'd put one on and transfer to you as an AOW (I guess for a little piece of mind that it's status was defined?). I think the fore-grip addition just stuck as SOP.
Also, by putting the fore-grip on, being that we've already met the 26" rule, it's not a pistol, but just a "firearm".
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 3:44:18 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 4:42:39 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

The addition of the forward grip to make sure the ATF doesn't view it as a pistol since it is designed to be fired with 2 hands.
View Quote
It doesn't have to be considered "designed or intended to be fired with two/both hands".
But, getting it away from pistol designation, both state and federally, is good.
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 5:25:25 PM EDT
[#50]
Sorry if I come to this discussion late.  I've started an deleted a few other posts on this topic, not wanting to get sucked into the rhetoric. However I've read it all because I try to always keep myself informed with our shooting sports and the convoluted mis-mash of rules called "laws" in this state.  I'm still confused.  To my mind there is nothing stopping anyone from making a full-bore AR15 from these "other" lowers, period.  Who's going to know?  Really?

You would think the state would require a suffix like the letter "P" affixed to any lower sold after the ar15 rifle were outlawed.  That would make it easier for them to determine if any particular lower was sold exclusively as an "other".  My other question; who's to know or be able to determine if a new, higher quality lower designated for an "other" was swapped for an older, less attractive rifle lower.  They look  identical (except for markings) and contain all identical parts.  In the field, there would be no way to determine if any particular "other" lower was being used incorrectly.  And, in reality, what freakin difference would it make.  As long as you didn't end up with two AR15s but had one AR15 and one "other" it all comes out in the wash, right?  This all seems to me like a huge boondoggle......just like the AK47 ban.

Finally what's going to happen when the first "other" gets used in a crime?  How will the state address that? I can see Lamont stuttering... "Well, it's not an AR15 but an 'other".  An other?  What's that?  How could they exist after the ban on the ar15??? Dumb and dumber I swear.  I have no issue with the "other".  If they float your boat go for it.  I'm just saying it's going to be a shitstorm.
Page / 12
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top