Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/3/2017 10:57:20 AM EDT
What provider do you use?  Anyone using or know of CashHeatingOil.com
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 11:10:31 AM EDT
[#1]
I use Daniels out of Portland. That website is always very tempting though.
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 11:30:38 AM EDT
[#2]
I use cashheatingoil.com no problems!  Type in ur zip code and how many gallons you want press submit button and wait for a call to confirm everything!
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 12:32:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Nothing not but great service from Glastonbury Oil Co
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 7:18:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Just be aware that not all heating oil companies treat their heating oil the same. Usually, the higher priced places are using additives to help keep your burner cleaner. As long as you are maintaining your system, shouldn't be a huge problem. I buy cheap oil, but I do extra maintenance to keep everything working. Just an FYI.
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 8:47:50 PM EDT
[#5]
In addition the higher priced places have nicer, newer trucks and facilities.....and the consumer must keep it up for them

Check out Fuel Co.  if they'll deliver to you, they are without a doubt the cheapest/gallon, and all they do is sell oil on demand.  

Unless you have no desire to check your oil tank gauge(which honestly some people could care less), do not opt for automatic delivery.  Do not "lock in" at a "good price" either.
And NEVER get a service contract from an oil company!  Call for oil as needed.  And Get maintenance done from a company that does not sell oil.
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 8:56:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Where are you located? Some oil co-ops are good. Pinergy oil when I was in Rocky Hill.   Payless for oil now that I'm North Central.
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 9:04:44 PM EDT
[#7]
I buy my heating oil from one place here in town. The price is fair, not the best, but I have been very happy. A few times before my furnace was replaced I had no heat. Twice while I was out of town on business. I called the oil company and a guy showed up within 30 minutes and fixed it. Price was fair and service was excellent. To me the little extra was worth not having my wife and son freezing on a cold winter night.

Three years ago I had a new HVAc system installed. Last fall when the tech came to service it. I don't use the oil company's service except for emergencies. The service tech asked where I got my oil. He commented that my furnace was clean and the filter looked new. He told me don't ever change companies.
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 12:08:11 PM EDT
[#8]
I also use a local guy, his prices are fair and considering the challenges my driveway presents in the winter.... I can't complain when he calls me to say he will be sanding my driveway for free to ensure his truck doesn't get stuck.  I've got a couple of 275 gallon tanks, so a fill up in the fall will get me almost thru the entire winter, or very close to it.
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 2:14:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Where are you located? Some oil co-ops are good. Pinergy oil when I was in Rocky Hill.   Payless for oil now that I'm North Central.
View Quote
I'm in Danbury.  Currently using Standard Oil.  No complaints but want to shop around...
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 7:38:26 PM EDT
[#10]
My mom runs CT-Energy, can get you guys discounts just shoot me a DM.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top