Does anyone know when the increase for the ccw  rates go into effect
View Quote

I dont think there are any...?
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 9:15:33 PM EDT
[#2]
I thought it was going up to 300.00
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 9:16:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Dan MMMMalloy is running the state by executive order.  I wonder if he can raise the fees without legislation.
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 10:05:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Does anyone know when the increase for the ccw  rates go into effect
View Quote

What is a "ccw"?  Concealed Carry Weapon?  I never had to pay a rate on my carry weapon  If you live in CT we have a permit to carry pistols and revolvers (sorry for the correction, but many of my pistol class students make the same assumption...)

There was talk of an increase a while back - it never happened...
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 10:08:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the schooling
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 10:43:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Just pay your magazine tax. I just got audited for failure to file.
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 7:47:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Mag tax, toad r u for real.
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 7:53:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Dan MMMMalloy is running the state by executive order.  I wonder if he can raise the fees without legislation.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
The fees are set by statute. See CGS 29-30.

Sec. 29-30. Fees for pistol and revolver permits. Expiration and renewal of permits. (a) The fee for each permit originally issued under the provisions of subsection (a) of section 29-28 for the sale at retail of pistols and revolvers shall be two hundred dollars and for each renewal of such permit two hundred dollars. The fee for each state permit originally issued under the provisions of subsection (b) of section 29-28 for the carrying of pistols and revolvers shall be one hundred forty dollars plus sufficient funds as required to be transmitted to the Federal Bureau of Investigation to cover the cost of a national criminal history records check. The local authority shall forward sufficient funds for the national criminal history records check to the commissioner no later than five business days after receipt by the local authority of the application for the temporary state permit. Seventy dollars shall be retained by the local authority. Upon approval by the local authority of the application for a temporary state permit, seventy dollars shall be sent to the commissioner. The fee to renew each state permit originally issued under the provisions of subsection (b) of section 29-28 shall be seventy dollars. Upon deposit of such fees in the General Fund, ten dollars of each fee shall be credited within thirty days to the appropriation for the Department of Emergency Services and Public Protection to a separate nonlapsing account for the purposes of the issuance of permits under subsections (a) and (b) of section 29-28.
[Note- I did not include subsections (b)-(f) because those relate to things such as validity period of permits to carry and retail sale permits, status/ non-renewability of local permits issued before 1 October 2001 AFTER 1 October 2001, certain factors associated with permit renewal, when renewal fees apply, validity period and non-renewable status of temporary permit, that permit fees are non-refundable unless the permit is denied ("the portion of the fee expended" on a national criminal history check is NOT refundable even in the event of a denial), renewal notifications, and renewal by mail procedures.]
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 12:29:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I thought it was going up to 300.00
View Quote
You thought wrong...

It was suggested by Malloy but he had a lot of pushback on it including pushback from some Democrats. The legislature, who would have to pass such a bill to raise the fee, hasn't really even seriously considered it.

There is no telling what fees/taxes will be enacted once they quick fucking around and pointing fingers with the budget and actually pass one. But so far nothing has been seriously suggested with respect to a massive permit fee increase.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top