Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2010 1:41:10 PM EDT
Coming back to the old neighborhood after being gone for a wicked long time.  Looking at the old threads, a concealed 1911 is out of the question...

How about a folding knife (Buck SBT)?  Is that ok to have clipped in a pocket or will it frighten women and make babies cry?

We'll be in Newport, Eastern Mass, and Kennebunkport.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:21:57 AM EDT
[#1]
You should be good to go in MA. The state has no blade length laws, only double-edged and switch-blades are illegal in MA to carry. Boston has it's own dumb laws on everything but TTBOMK they only apply to RESIDENTS and not visitors (this was confirmed officially for guns, I never asked about knives).
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:32:30 AM EDT
[#2]
I always have a pocket knife clipped to my pocket.  Never had a problem.  

I suspect that if you are found at the scene of a drug bust or some where else shady, the police would hassle you, but that's never been an issue for me.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:28:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Appreciate the replies.  I'll be sure to conceal the knife when leaving the crack house
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:56:59 PM EDT
[#4]
You are good to go in ME. Portland has a city ordinance against carrying a knife after dark IIRC.

No double edged or autos...assisted openers are ok.

Clipped to the pocket is fine here as well.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 2:15:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Cool.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 6:22:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Coming back to the old neighborhood after being gone for a wicked long time.  Looking at the old threads, a concealed 1911 is out of the question...

How about a folding knife (Buck SBT)?  Is that ok to have clipped in a pocket or will it frighten women and make babies cry?

We'll be in Newport, Eastern Mass, and Kennebunkport.

Thanks!

heh...you said "wicked"...I know where you're from...

Try one of these:

...just make sure it is shorter than 4 inches....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top