Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/9/2006 7:17:34 PM EDT
I'm about to start putting another AK together. (Patrick, get your ass over here!) I'm trying to figure out whether I want to put the AMD 65 kit into another carbine/folding stock configuration. I've got a long Hungarian SA kit I've got ready to go too. Here's the dilemna, I have an ACE folding stock setup for an AK. Do I put it on the AMD or on the SA kit. The AMD already has a folder, the SA doesn't. If I put the AMD folder on the receiver, then I'll probably put a Galil type handguard on the front, with an extended AK74 type brake on the barrel to make it legal. Or I could put the ACE folder on it, use some wood handguards on the front of the AMD set up. One is more "aesthetic" the other (standard AMD stock and Galil HGs) more utilitarian.
And I could just put the SA into a standard wood stock AK 47 configuration.
Decisisons, decisions!
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 4:58:33 AM EDT
[#1]
put the folder on the 85, leave the AMD as is.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 11:27:44 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

If I do that, I can always put the wood back on the 85.  
I like the 65 folder, but I'm wanting something different on the next one. Like a folder to the left!
You put the German side folder on yours, Brother L. How do you like it?
Maybe I should have done that but it just didn't seem like something I wanted to do at the time!
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 4:16:27 PM EDT
[#3]
For the love of all that is good. Through that damn ass, I mean ace stock in a fucking river. Leave everything the way the commies intended.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 5:42:37 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If I do that, I can always put the wood back on the 85.  
I like the 65 folder, but I'm wanting something different on the next one. Like a folder to the left!
You put the German side folder on yours, Brother L. How do you like it?
Maybe I should have done that but it just didn't seem like something I wanted to do at the time!

the SF has alot of felt recoil with the 762x39, you'll deffinatly feel it after 8 mags or so, while not as bad as 6 lb 308win bolt rifle, the steel on your shoulder has some bite.

I like it though, and won't be changing it out.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 6:35:32 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
For the love of all that is good. Through that damn ass, I mean ace stock in a fucking river. Leave everything the way the commies intended.

That ain't the point! You can't find a commie left folding stock without paying out the ass. I already have the ACE set up. I just finished putting the receiver together. That damn rear tang on the SA has one long rivet and two short rivets. I don't have rivets long enough for the two side ones. Either way too long or just too damn short!
Anyway, the SA wood isn't too good, but it'll work to make the rille shoot.  That ACE can fold to the left and can be removed and changed back to wood. I'm also want something different from the AMD 65s I've already put together. The AMD folder is OK, but I still want something different.
The AMD can wait until I put the SA together.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 6:37:08 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

the SF has alot of felt recoil with the 762x39, you'll deffinatly feel it after 8 mags or so, while not as bad as 6 lb 308win bolt rifle, the steel on your shoulder has some bite.

I like it though, and won't be changing it out.

Thanks, Brother L! I'm gonna put the SA in wood!
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 7:27:24 PM EDT
[#7]
If you need some rivets I can hook you up. And for what you paid for the Ass I mean ace you could have picked up a Bulgarian 74 side folder. I have been selling them in the EE for $130 shipped for 3 months now. Hell Dan if I had know you wanted one I would have made you a real good deal.

Really if you need rivets then shoot me an email I have a bunch.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 4:44:10 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Either way too long or just too damn short!

thats what she said.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 3:02:08 PM EDT
[#9]
I might sell that ACE folding stock set up if I can get the Bulgarian set up from Ark!
It's everything to put the folder on a regular wood stocked, stamped receiver. I've got a $110 in it,  like new, and I'll sell it for that if someone here wants - all depending if I can get Bulgie left aide folder!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top