Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/31/2006 4:14:48 PM EDT
monday I got a new play toy. I found a used ruger mark 2 target SS in a 10" barrel with adjustable sights. I paid $300 + tax. I have been shooting used shot gun shells at 25 yards and pop cans at 50 and 100 yards. It even seem to like cheap 22 shells. over 1k with out any fte or feeding problems. it does take two hands to hold it up but I don't mind. I was using my deer stand that has a bench rest built  for the 100 yard pop can shots.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 4:37:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Did you go to Canton Lake without letting us know?    You're a dead man!!

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 4:42:48 PM EDT
[#2]
I was shoot at my house.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 5:08:12 PM EDT
[#3]
You need to shoot with Jeff1.....he wasn't  hitting them every time but I was fairly impressed with his ability to use a springfield XD at 94~yds ...I beleive it was a 357 sig but might have been his 40

with a pistol at a 100 I just scare the hell out of stuff
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:25:25 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
with my face at a 100 I just scare the hell out of stuff

I do that on occasion, I looked at my reflection in the mirror while shaving this morn, and the whites of my eyes were so red that I thought I'd been infected with the rage virus outta "28 days", and my breath was so bad that my lady friend said I needed to rinse with bleach, so I says, yeah well go wash your ass cause it smells like my breath, but thats whole nother story for when were drinking, oh and those pink razors that say "made for women", thats all their good for, shavin a woman legs and pits, not a mans face.

but back on subject, I can't even see a coke can at a 100 feet let alone a 100 yards, and the way I shoot I can't even hit a can with a scoped rifle at a 100 yards, so with a pistol, I'd be better off throwing one at'em.

MLW>"<
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:50:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, coke cans at 100 yds is probably out of the question for me. But freon jugs and 5 gallon buckets are dead meat if I have 3 to 4 shots and can see where my first couple of shots go. Like dust kicking up!  
When my son was 12 I was working on my dad's house and dove season was going on. Matt and a buddy were over in a field across the road dove hunting while I worked. They came back and started shooting a 10/22 at a 1 liter soda bottle I had over a T-post. They weren't doing bad for shooting 50 yds. I pulled out a little Beretta 22 and took one shot at the bottle and spun it on the T-post.  I knew better than to take another shot at it - I probably would have missed it.
The two boys went through 200 rds of 22 shooting at that bottle trying to match me.
Matt still talks about how accurate that little Beretta is!
We were talking to my Dad and his next door neighbor one day when a stray dog started running cattle across the road. Dad went to his truck, came back with a Ruger Single Six 22 and hit that dog running in the back of the head at 100+ yds. The neighbor's mouth dropped while Dad put the gun back in the truck.
Later on I asked my Dad if he thought that was a lucky shot on his part. He told me Yes!
But he had been sitting on his back porch popping gophers when they popped their heads up with that Ruger all that summer,  so I think it was a mixture of both skill and luck!
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 7:16:40 PM EDT
[#6]
the 10'' ruger mark 2 bull barrel is all most like a rifle with out a stock
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 7:23:26 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
the 10'' ruger mark 2 bull barrel is all most like a rifle with out a stock

If you ever feel like scopeing it I have a nice bushnell trophy 2-6x silver handgun scope, that is currently on my MK2 slab side.  
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:35:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks Jeff but I think I will leave it irons for now
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top