Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/29/2005 2:57:33 PM EDT
Hey Dan, Thanks for the deer meat(jerky&summer sausage), coffee, and political chattin'.

Hope Bud gets to enjoy the Rock&Rye Whiskey.

Dave
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 5:28:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Dave, Old Bud fell at home and couldn't get up. The home health care nurse found hin a couple of hours later. He went into the hospital two days before Christmas and was put in a rest home two nights ago. The doctor wrote on his orders that he could partake of whiskey and a cigar whenever he wants. No kidding!
I just got back from the rest home and he told me NOT to bring the Rock& Rye up to the nursing home. He said some dope head might steal his whiskey!
No problem. They will let me take him deer hunting this weekend in the afternoons and take him back that evening. He'll get to drink his favorite drink - the Rock&Rye - when I take him. He usually hits it a lick or two, about a shot's worth, and that is all. A bottle lasts him a long time.
He is walking fine but falls when he turns. It ain't from the whiskey to anyone that cares to make a smart comment . It comes from being 103.
Dave, the old man threatened to whip me if I didn't get him a drink this weekend.
He waved his left fist at me and said "This is the hammer that whupped John Henry." then raised the other fist and said "And this one whut buried his ass!"
He is doing fine for his age, is sharp as a tack, and REALLY looking forward to getting a drink of that whiskey this weekend.
Thanks, Dave!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top