User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 1:19:13 AM EDT
[#1]
I was gonna buy level 3+ plates from AR500
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 9:19:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Set on the gear (APC, helmet, nods.) Would like more IFAK training, something more than "stick gauze here".
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 1:08:59 PM EDT
[#3]
I have an old ACH and 10+ yrs old lvl 4 plates so both of them need replacing with modern items.  I have 2 small IFAKs (HSGI bleeder pouches) but legit medical gear I'm missing.

I'm fat so cardio is one of my main things I'm working on.

So keep me in the loop for whatever we happen here
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 1:10:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I was gonna buy level 3+ plates from AR500
View Quote
Buy ceramic plates from elsewhere
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 2:41:48 PM EDT
[#5]
I’d love an ifak group buy
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 4:39:13 PM EDT
[#6]
I need IFAK
Group buy would be stellar
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 11:55:55 PM EDT
[#7]
I’m very interested as long as the plates considered aren’t steel.
Link Posted: 12/12/2019 12:31:40 AM EDT
[#8]
I don't have an IFAK.  Been needing that and a stop the bleed class for a long while now.
Link Posted: 12/12/2019 11:26:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
And do you know how to use it?

I am looking at putting together a large group buy for armor, and possibly IFAKs.

Do your shooting buddies not on ARF have these things? And do you know how to use them?
View Quote
Great effort.

I have neither the hardware nor the software.

How can I help?
Link Posted: 12/12/2019 8:26:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Im down for Armor and Ifak. Dropped the coin on some Nods.
Link Posted: 12/12/2019 9:47:48 PM EDT
[#11]
I purchased level-IV ceramics on evilbay for cheap...
the plates are certified NIJ Level-IV

smoking deal

best deal I have found so far....
Link Posted: 12/12/2019 10:13:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

smoking deal

View Quote
I wonder if those plates are actually rated as they are stated.  That's a crazy deal . . .
Link Posted: 12/12/2019 10:59:32 PM EDT
[#13]
we did the research.. they are documented by NIJ as level-IV...
Link Posted: 12/12/2019 11:17:21 PM EDT
[#14]
III+++???  What kind of sorcery rating is that?
Link Posted: 12/12/2019 11:41:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I wonder if those plates are actually rated as they are stated.  That's a crazy deal . . .
View Quote
NIJ doc...

printable list...

ETA.. you are welcome patriots!!!
@undefined dug this up when we were searching for deals on certified  plates...
Link Posted: 12/12/2019 11:48:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

smoking deal

The plates are "Bulletproof It" model 4400. They are on the NIJ certification list and certified Level IV. Bulletproof It does not make them - they are rebadged Hesco 4400 plates, made in Washington State.

I am not affiliated with the seller, Bulletproof It (the seller is the owner of Bulletproof It), or Hesco.
Link Posted: 12/12/2019 11:48:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
III+++???  What kind of sorcery rating is that?
View Quote
That falls into the category of "eBay fuckery". Sort of like the interesting descriptions for some rifle parts.

See my previous post for details on the plates.
Link Posted: 12/13/2019 12:54:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Hey guys, I'm planning on coming in for VCDL Day, arriving the 19th and leaving on the 20th. My plan is flying in to Richmond and if someone wants to give me a floor to sleep on I'll do some med training. I teach Stop the Bleed and EMT, have been in EMS for over a decade. Let me know.
Link Posted: 12/13/2019 7:16:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Which place has the best prices of things like TQs, packing gauze, etc?
Link Posted: 12/13/2019 8:14:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Anyone have a nice Med size Eagle, or eestac  nicer PC to sell for a good deal or trade?

I have an eagle PC with Cummerbund in L/XL that's too big for me.
Link Posted: 12/13/2019 9:24:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote
@cone256

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/13/2019 10:10:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Anyone have a nice Med size Eagle, or eestac  nicer PC to sell for a good deal or trade?

I have an eagle PC with Cummerbund in L/XL that's too big for me.
View Quote
I have a medium Crye CAGE plate carrier I'll sell you on the cheap. It is in ranger green and has only been worn twice to workout in.

Link Posted: 12/13/2019 11:00:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I have a medium Crye CAGE plate carrier I'll sell you on the cheap. It is in ranger green and has only been worn twice to workout in.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/72384/20190316_200431-880252.jpg
View Quote
Aren't those super expensive?

You can pm me the price if you like..
Link Posted: 12/13/2019 11:34:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
You should be able to get into a solid helmet new for ~600 or less. Signicifantly less for one that is used. Just keep in mind that your head is kind of important.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Recently got a PC and plates. Have a decent IFAK, but am planning on using next year's FSA funds on new medical stuff. FSA Store seems to have some decent options and if I am reading correct Amazon has FSA/HSA approved items you can directly use your FSA card on so you don't even need to fudge with getting reimbursed.

Any idea on what the cost of the helmet is going to work out to?
You should be able to get into a solid helmet new for ~600 or less. Signicifantly less for one that is used. Just keep in mind that your head is kind of important.
Y'all might be interested....
ACH IIIa good price

They also have the old-style KPOT for less ($118.00)
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 3:15:35 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Who makes good helmets?
View Quote
Go take a look at those ar500 helmets.
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 3:16:42 AM EDT
[#26]
Sorry DT.
Link Posted: 12/16/2019 1:08:22 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote
I've used www.paramounttactical.com - they're in WV.  They do lots of training too.  Pretty good bunch of guys - owner is prior SF.

They have a MIL/LEO discount as well.
Link Posted: 12/16/2019 2:06:00 AM EDT
[#28]
I would be interested in a helmet.
And training.  I really need to get some training
Link Posted: 12/16/2019 2:08:06 AM EDT
[#29]
For those of y’all looking for medical gear, I’ve got a great suggestion:

Sign up for LA Police Gears emailers, they usually send out a 15-20% off sale every couple months.  You can usually get better deals on NAR or other medical gear than anywhere else, even when other places have sales, due to their volume pricing I’m sure.  Only caveat is catching items in stock.

Trust me, I’ve been doing this a long time, I’ve price compared for a long time.  Generally speaking, hammering an LAPG site sale is a better way to get the best price than anywhere else.
Link Posted: 12/16/2019 11:29:13 PM EDT
[#30]
I have a pc, plates, an IFAK and I know how to use them.
Link Posted: 12/17/2019 8:21:48 PM EDT
[#31]
I need armor, am ambivalent on a helmet, and can use a more compact/trauma-centric ifak.
Link Posted: 12/17/2019 8:24:22 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Out of curiosity, why would you not be interested in a helmet? Especially since they have 7.62 NATO rated lightweight helmets now?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
IFAKs, yes. Plates, some, but not many. Helmets... not interested. If you’re in the East TN/SWVA area and want IFAK training, I can get you set up if we have 10+ interested.
Out of curiosity, why would you not be interested in a helmet? Especially since they have 7.62 NATO rated lightweight helmets now?
I test them for a living. Any helmet that'll effectively stop 7.62 will be absurdly huge and cumbersome. And if you get hit with a round it might not penetrate the helmet, but it'll still smoosh your dome like a grape because the helmet will collapse.
Link Posted: 12/17/2019 10:40:00 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I test them for a living. Any helmet that'll effectively stop 7.62 will be absurdly huge and cumbersome. And if you get hit with a round it might not penetrate the helmet, but it'll still smoosh your dome like a grape because the helmet will collapse.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
IFAKs, yes. Plates, some, but not many. Helmets... not interested. If you’re in the East TN/SWVA area and want IFAK training, I can get you set up if we have 10+ interested.
From what range? I only ask because I have seen helmets save dudes lives...ECH has definitely stopped a few AK rounds in it's time, albeit from a few blocks away.
Link Posted: 12/17/2019 11:32:54 PM EDT
[#34]
~16 feet. NIJ 06 specs worst case scenario, so it's at minimum range moving faster than muzzle velocity. However, I don't believe there's a max acceptable back face deformation for rifle threats on helmets like there is for pistol on helmet and soft armor, and rifle on plates. As long as the projectile never actually makes it through and through it counts as a partial stop for a given velocity, no matter how badly the helmet might collapse in on itself in the process. It's not uncommon when testing against pistol for the front of the helmet to smack into the back of the helmet while stopping the bullet. So the as600 (which I just looked up but have not tested myself) can technically "stop" 7.62, but you're probably not going to live through it in any meaningful way.

Testing for pistol, the max deformation is 44mm depth for 9mm threats and I think 58mm for 44mag. That's a hell of a crater that I frankly have no interest in surviving. Ballistic helmets are primarily to protect against fragment threats from IEDs and similar.

All that said, at range a ballistic helmet will stop way more than no helmet, especially if it's at an oblique angle. It comes down to a question of what the perceived threat is compared to need for mobility etc.
Link Posted: 12/19/2019 9:45:02 AM EDT
[#35]
I replied to the out of state thread but I have the following:

PC
NODs
Bump helmet
IFAK
radios
Link Posted: 12/19/2019 10:14:22 AM EDT
[#36]
Got my comms and chest rig worked out .  Interested in PC and helmet now.    I’m definitely interested.

Good job OP.   Thanks
Link Posted: 12/19/2019 11:48:41 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Got my comms and chest rig worked out .  Interested in PC and helmet now.    I'm definitely interested.

Good job OP.   Thanks
View Quote
What are you rocking for comms?
Link Posted: 12/19/2019 12:32:53 PM EDT
[#38]
Now with poll.
Link Posted: 12/19/2019 4:48:59 PM EDT
[#39]
My plates and ACH need to be upgraded.

I need lvl IV SAPI cut 2-curve plates that won't break the bank.

Been looking at Hesco 4400 and HighCom 4S17M.
Link Posted: 12/19/2019 5:49:17 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
What are you rocking for comms?
View Quote
Beofeng F8HD with a 15” foldable dual band antenna. External mike/ speaker and ear piece.   Just waiting on what frequency we all will be using.
Link Posted: 12/19/2019 6:50:08 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Beofeng F8HD with a 15" foldable dual band antenna. External mike/ speaker and ear piece.   Just waiting on what frequency we all will be using.
View Quote
Rgr that. I have similar. BF into a Silynx headset
Link Posted: 12/22/2019 5:36:32 PM EDT
[#42]
I sold my plates, carrier, and helmet a few years ago because they were outdated and complacency set in so I haven't replaced them. I do have a squad sized med kit that's probably expired but functional.
Link Posted: 12/22/2019 7:43:50 PM EDT
[#43]
2 VESTS STILL LEFT!

I can't make it up there for lobby day, but I'd still like to contribute, and clean out the surplus closet a bit. If you're in VA and you find yourself without body armor and short on cash, I'm willing to distribute my little armor collection for the cause. All I ask is that you send $20 (I don't have paypal, USPS MO or an Andrew Jackson only) to cover shipping at minimum (or send whatever you feel it's worth to you). One piece of armor per household, VA addresses only please.

All IBA's are size small. Military sizing says they're for 33"-37" chests, but they will fit and provide sufficient cover for anyone =/<40" chest, lots of room for adjustment. All include the original soft armor inserts, NO HARD RIFLE PLATES.

IBA, BLACK with woodland collar CLAIMED

IBA, WOODLAND with matching collar and groin protection CLAIMED

IBA, DCU with matching collar and groin protection

IBA, COYOTE with matching throat protector and woodland collar CLAIMED

IBA, ACU with matching collar and groin protection

I also have 2 woodland carriers with no armor I can throw in with a complete vest system at your request, for those of you who get a color that may not blend in well up that way. First come, first serve.

JPC-style plate carrier, woodland, with ICW SAPI plates, NO SOFT ARMOR BACKERS CLAIMED

If you need some ammo pouches, I have a good amount of M16 pouches I can throw in with the armor, and very limited pistol and grenade pouches. Let me know what you need, and I'll try to accommodate you the best I can.

I know this isn't the latest and greatest go-fast cool guy stuff, but it beats having nothing. If you want it, IM me, and I'll put the item aside with your screen name on it and ship it out as soon as I get payment. I'll keep this post updated as often as possible to reflect remaining stock.
Link Posted: 12/24/2019 5:19:34 PM EDT
[#44]
For those still looking for plates, Kota Outfitters has a deal on a set of 2 new Hesco plates for $200. They are ceramic composite and rated for Level IV stand alone.

Level IV plates
Link Posted: 12/24/2019 6:37:50 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/25/2019 4:10:54 AM EDT
[#46]
View Quote
Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/25/2019 1:42:34 PM EDT
[#47]
OK all-

I am looking at trying to arrange group buy pricing for the following:

Stand Alone Level III+ SAPI cut plates, less than 5lbs weight.

High Cut Ballistic Helmet

Retail on the helmets is $380 USD, and on the plates $266 USD per plate- so with a group buy we could hopefully do better.

Alternatively, if a lot of ya'll do not have an interest in the helmets with NVG mounts and rails, I could look at trying to hook you up with this high cut ballistic helmet for less than $300.

Thoughts?
Link Posted: 12/25/2019 1:58:52 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
OK all-

I am looking at trying to arrange group buy pricing for the following:

Stand Alone Level III+ SAPI cut plates, less than 5lbs weight.

High Cut Ballistic Helmet

Retail on the helmets is $380 USD, and on the plates $266 USD per plate- so with a group buy we could hopefully do better.

Alternatively, if a lot of ya'll do not have an interest in the helmets with NVG mounts and rails, I could look at trying to hook you up with this high cut ballistic helmet for less than $300.

Thoughts?
View Quote
RMA has 10% off to virginians right now.  I got a set of their III+ multi curve for like 520 delivered or some such. That's what I got. I just hope they get here in time.
Link Posted: 12/25/2019 2:04:22 PM EDT
[#49]
I'd be most interested in the helmet with NVG mount and rails
Link Posted: 12/25/2019 5:56:03 PM EDT
[#50]
Dang it.  I have perfect timing, I guess.  I just pulled the trigger on most of this stuff late last night (Christmas eve / early Christmas morning) spending spree.

Signed up for the "stop the bleed" training, too.

So I still need an IFAK.  So I'm down with the group-buy / recommendations there.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top