Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2017 9:17:26 PM EDT
I have had a technician's license for over ten years, but I haven't messed with amateur radio in the last few years.  I moved to Richmond a few years ago. I used to live near Charlottesville.  There were quite a few 2 Meter and 70 centimeter repeaters in the are that were pretty active.  The recent natural disaster activity in Houston and Florida got me thinking that I should get myself set up for some emergency coms in Richmond.  I looked up a directory of are repeaters on the Internet, and I have been listening to a few.  Everything seems strangely quiet.

Where are the happening repeaters in the Richmond area?  Where am I likely to be able to raise other amateurs in an emergency?
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 6:49:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 10:00:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There are a few DMR repeaters that are fairly active. Maybe they are taking the bulk of the traffic?
View Quote
It looks like the Richmond Amateur Radio Club runs a digital repeater downtown that uses the D-Star protocol.  I don't currently have a radio that is compatible, but maybe I'll look into it.  The radios seem to be fairly expensive compared to analog units.
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 3:00:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Just a pirate here
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top