Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2017 2:37:10 PM EDT
I need some suppressor height sights installed on my P226 and I really don't want to break the tritium vials using a hammer and punch.  Or am I just psyching myself out??

Can anyone suggest a trusted SIG armorer anywhere between Winchester and DC?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 3:49:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Check with Jim at SpecDive Tactical
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 4:50:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Check with Jim at SpecDive Tactical
View Quote
I shot them an email earlier today... nothing back yet.  I guess I need to call over there.
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 8:05:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Robb at Virginia Arms can easily do it for you.  He's also a certified Sig armorer if it matters to you.
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 11:13:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Robb at Virginia Arms can easily do it for you.  He's also a certified Sig armorer if it matters to you.
View Quote
Thanks.  Looks like he only works during the week, but they have other guys on the weekend.

I'll give them a call and see what the story is.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 11:16:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Drove down to VA Arms tonight and Robb did the install.  Everything looks good to go - just need to head out to the range to get used to the sights now.

Thanks for the suggestion.

BTW: Spec Dive emailed me back - but VA Arms is significantly easier for me to get to.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 12:34:14 AM EDT
[#6]
IIRC, SpecDive hosted a SIG armorer's class not too long ago. But when I took mine way back, they never even addressed changing sights in class, believe it or not. And the SIG specific sight tool always seems to be out of stock everywhere.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 11:19:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Yes I do sights on the SIG's. Just became an Instructor for the armorers courses. I have all of the tooling to do the work while you wait.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 3:05:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Yes I do sights on the SIG's. Just became an Instructor for the armorers courses. I have all of the tooling to do the work while you wait.
View Quote
There are lots of gunsmiths that could do this work.  But then you have Jim, a recognized expert by many manufacturers, who has extremely reasonable rates and you're like

@ACES_Tactical

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top