Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/30/2017 8:30:41 AM EDT
Protest March

More marches and protests heading north from Charlotesville towards D.C. this weekend.
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 11:44:45 AM EDT
[#1]
It will be funny to see how far they make it. About 200 people started out in C'ville yesterday - they made it to Ruckersville (they had dropped to 35 people by then), and averaged about 1.5 MPH.

I'm more surprised the State Police allowed this to happen - closing one lane of traffic for them to walk in - but I'm sure McAwful told the SP it was OK.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 7:20:16 PM EDT
[#2]
I saw them hogging state police resources this afternoon as they were finally nearing Culpeper on 29. What a waste of tax dollars.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 9:38:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I saw them hogging state police resources this afternoon as they were finally nearing Culpeper on 29. What a waste of tax dollars.
View Quote
What are they down to at this point? 5.

Plus probably get a boost closer to DC, SJW want to be in for the dog and pony for the press at the end.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 9:43:10 PM EDT
[#4]
I didn't count, but not many probably less than 30. There were a few state police cars ahead, a few behind and a RV that I assume belonged to the marchers.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 10:48:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Guess I need to put the flags on the bike and ride past them tomorrow.
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 9:34:23 AM EDT
[#6]
The website for this is "action network" - which seems to be a leftist umbrella website for activism; they are "partnered" with the pro-terrorist Women's March and Leonardo DiCaprio's leftist foundation.

Does anyone know if the "Action Network" linked in OP's post is the same as Al Sharpton's National Action Network?

EDIT:  here are their "partners":

https://actionnetwork.org/partnerships
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 12:00:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
We must travel in the same circles.  They were about 0.5 miles south of Route 3 as I was going south.

@sharps54
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 12:47:08 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm glad to see the media isn't covering this 24/7.  I don't think it has even been mentioned in the RVA area?
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 7:11:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

We must travel in the same circles.  They were about 0.5 miles south of Route 3 as I was going south.

@sharps54
View Quote
We moved out this way last year. We are happy with the area so far although every now and then you come across something like this "march."
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 8:36:15 PM EDT
[#10]
My understanding is the march disbanded somewhere near Warrenton due to miles of back up and VSP insistence.  The only accomplishment they made was to generate more disgust upon themselves.  Need to pull the gov cheese away from these "professional" protesters and let them learn to live.
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 3:58:02 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I didn't count, but not many probably less than 30. There were a few state police cars ahead, a few behind and a RV that I assume belonged to the marchers.
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 4:00:21 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
My understanding is the march disbanded somewhere near Warrenton due to miles of back up and VSP insistence.  The only accomplishment they made was to generate more disgust upon themselves.  Need to pull the gov cheese away from these "professional" protesters and let them learn to live.
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 4:22:49 AM EDT
[#13]
Only a bunch of complete assholes would try a stunt like this on Labor Day weekend. Kudos for the Virginia State Police for ending this madness.
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 2:11:47 AM EDT
[#14]

Link Posted: 9/3/2017 9:28:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Only a bunch of complete assholes would try a stunt like this on Labor Day weekend. Kudos for the Virginia State Police for ending this madness.
View Quote
I drove right by these dumbshits today on my way to D.C. I thought there was an accident because traffic was backed up for miles. These people are completely fucking retarded. The VSP had 8-10 cars in the right lane and VDOT had trucks blocking traffic.
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 10:57:49 PM EDT
[#16]
make 'em walk on the damn shoulder, if at all.
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 1:17:24 PM EDT
[#17]
I just passed this freak show in Centreville, about to cross 28.  They have the whole right lane blocked, 4 or 5 VSP vehicles convoying with them, two VDOT trucks with the flashing arrows and Ffx Co. motorcycle cops blocking intersections.  There's maybe 50-100 losers all with every radical left wing cause represented.  The usual "Stop Hate," Black Lives Matter, rainbow flag, etc.  How long before they embrace what most of them really believe in?  It's only a matter of time before they start openly flying the hammer and sickle.  
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 2:19:19 PM EDT
[#18]
4 or 5 VSP vehicles convoying with them, two VDOT trucks with the flashing arrows and Ffx Co. motorcycle cops blocking intersections.
View Quote
who do we need to inundate with calls to demand this cost be billed to whomever is organizing this bullshit? Taxpayers shouldn't be footing the bill for this egregious waste of public services.
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 6:12:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 6:16:24 PM EDT
[#20]

Monday
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 6:42:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
who do we need to inundate with calls to demand this cost be billed to whomever is organizing this bullshit? Taxpayers shouldn't be footing the bill for this egregious waste of public services.
View Quote
That was the comment I made yesterday when I passed these clowns.
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 12:39:16 PM EDT
[#22]
They are going thru Fairfax now on Rt 29, just went past Chuy's as we we trying to get here for lunch. It's like a rolling roadblock.
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 1:50:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 1:25:44 AM EDT
[#24]

Link Posted: 9/6/2017 5:46:53 AM EDT
[#25]
I'm still trying to wrap my head around obtaining a permit to protest in the hwy

The VSP shouldnt have a 6 trooper detail either

The VSP seems like a conflicted bunch.  At times they call out the political lies, but then have been complete tools and catalysts for a race war fabrication.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 5:21:02 PM EDT
[#26]
And VSP won't give any support to veterans funeral processions.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 8:56:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I just passed this freak show in Centreville, about to cross 28.  They have the whole right lane blocked, 4 or 5 VSP vehicles convoying with them, two VDOT trucks with the flashing arrows and Ffx Co. motorcycle cops blocking intersections.  There's maybe 50-100 losers all with every radical left wing cause represented.  The usual "Stop Hate," Black Lives Matter, rainbow flag, etc.  How long before they embrace what most of them really believe in?  It's only a matter of time before they start openly flying the hammer and sickle.  
View Quote
I'm afraid that time came a while ago.

Link Posted: 9/8/2017 9:01:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
And VSP won't give any support to veterans funeral processions.
View Quote
Yeah, what's worse is the VSP gave them a permit that they never even applied for.  
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 9:01:57 AM EDT
[#29]
Maybe the VSP has just become tools, period. Doing McAwful's bidding it seems.  Searching small kids at state buildings in the name of security - Really?

As someone who grew up in this state, I used to have respect for VSP and LE in general.  Now, not so much, based on their past antics
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top