Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/29/2017 12:33:08 PM EDT
SO is getting a new Forester.  Probably will want the windows tinted before next summer.  Any recommendations for shops that specialize in doing this?  I'm more interested in places with fair prices but will do the job right than either overpaying a dealership for a mediocre job.
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 8:53:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 9:22:57 PM EDT
[#2]
I went with TintFX in Vienna.
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 10:11:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Call Jeremy @ ALL STAR TINT 703-330-6912

Link Posted: 8/30/2017 5:23:53 AM EDT
[#4]
National Window Tint in Chantilly off Willard road.

My old agency had over 30 vehicles tinted by them, and I had my personal cars done as well.

HIGHLY recommended.
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 10:34:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the responses.  I have requests for quotes out now.
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 12:56:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
Good news, let us know the spread on quotes and how it turns out!  always looking for additional shops.
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 2:02:53 PM EDT
[#7]
TnT Tint in Sterling is also very good.
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 2:10:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Good news, let us know the spread on quotes and how it turns out!  always looking for additional shops.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Will do.  This thread has been helpful but also not helpful.  All the places I've contacted with questions have responded promptly, professionally and courteously so it's making it difficult to downselect.
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 6:17:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Ditto...
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 9:40:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
Used the one in Fairfax,  gives you an excuse to hit the NRA Range or Museum around the corner.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 12:13:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Used the one in Fairfax,  gives you an excuse to hit the NRA Range or Museum around the corner.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They have done a couple of cars of mine, always fast, friendly, and competent.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 1:53:38 PM EDT
[#12]
For those who've had this done, how long does the application process take?  Is it leave it there a couple of days, a couple of hours or what?

I've never had my car tinted, but the last vehicle I bought used had been tinted and I like it far more than standard windows.  This will be the first vehicle I have tinted myself.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 6:20:03 PM EDT
[#13]
It shouldn't take more than 2 hours.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 9:49:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
It shouldn't take more than 2 hours.
View Quote
This.  The man popped me for too dark tint in the front windows, they took off the old tint and put legal tint as i waited.  Imagine whole car should be more then a couple of hours, it also depends on how busy they are, make sure the place takes appointments.
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 6:15:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote
They recently moved from Fairfax to Vienna. Their lease at the place in Fairfax was up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top