Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/26/2006 11:24:39 AM EDT
Small cargo trailer 6X10' enclosed, rear barn door style for moving the daughter back and forward to college for the next 3 years.

Anybody recommend a dealer in the central Virginia area?

TIA

Danny
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:41:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Mid Atlantic trailer sales in Mechanicsville, right across from the windmill and next door to Zip corvette
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:53:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Been looking for a trailer myself and cannot find a 6x12 anywhere under 2k, thinking of a rolling gunsmith shop for EBR's.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 12:10:48 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Mid Atlantic trailer sales in Mechanicsville, right across from the windmill and next door to Zip corvette

That is near DeGoff's right?

Danny
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 12:12:57 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Been looking for a trailer myself and cannot find a 6x12 anywhere under 2k, thinking of a rolling gunsmith shop for EBR's.

One place had a new 6X12" today for $2180 that I saw on a lot in Lynchburg.

I'm trying to stay short as I can because of where it will be loaded and unloaded at, tight space. And a 5X8" is just too small.

Danny
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 1:21:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Take a look at www.wera.com under classifieds, other.  Lots of racers selling trailers although you may not find the smokin' deals since race season has started.

Also, consider getting something with a torsion spring suspension.  It will be more expensive but it will handle a load, ride better and have better resale than a leaf spring suspension.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 1:36:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 4:04:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 5:24:54 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
"460 trailer outlet" best prices in three states!!!!!

Is that the one in Bedford? Anyone know if the Bedford shop has quality trailers?
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:55:38 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That is near DeGoff's right?

Danny

Yep
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 12:27:12 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
You should be able to build one for yourself.

I'm good, just not that good yet.

If it was a lawnmower trailer I could whip that out, cargo trailer-not a chance. It would look Beverly Hillbillish.

Danny
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 2:45:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 2:50:08 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is that the one in Bedford? Anyone know if the Bedford shop has quality trailers?

This Place?

Yes, I went there yesterday. Got a price today, beat my best price by $200 so far.

Danny
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 3:39:28 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Anyone know if the Bedford shop has quality trailers?

A guy at work bought one from here, think this is the place you are taking about. It's down the road from the Sheetz station on the other side of the Lynchburg bypass.

New London Tractor & Equipment Co
(434) 525-1211
RR 460
Lynchburg, VA 24501
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 4:47:13 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Small cargo trailer 6X10' enclosed, rear barn door style for moving the daughter back and forward to college for the next 3 years.

I like buying toys as much as the next guy, and this is a perfect excuse, but have you looked at pricing on a storage unit near where she's going to school?  8x10 roll-up storage locker for 3-4 months a year might be cheaper.  

Of course, you could use a trailer the other ~360 days a year for a WECSOG-on-Wheels setup!  
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 4:52:03 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I like buying toys as much as the next guy, and this is a perfect excuse, but have you looked at pricing on a storage unit near where she's going to school?  8x10 roll-up storage locker for 3-4 months a year might be cheaper.  

Of course, you could use a trailer the other ~360 days a year for a WECSOG-on-Wheels setup!  

I give you 10 points for being practical..  and another 10 points for thinking outside the box...
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 1:14:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Slim, the cats out of the bag now.

The wifey and I both can retire in 8 years and she is planning a upholstery/antique/craft business so the trailer will come in handy for that.

I'm going to retire and go into Monkey Business.

I can also transport my Tactical Assualt Lawn Mower to and from Special Ops under the radar.

Hell it's just money anyway.

Danny
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 5:11:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 2:21:24 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This Place?

Yes, I went there yesterday. Got a price today, beat my best price by $200 so far.

Danny

If you can't find the number for 460 trailer outlet let me Ill find it for you.
He can probley beat any price.

I got the number, will call tomorrow. I have my eye on one real close by too.

Thanks!

Danny
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 4:37:46 PM EDT
[#19]
i'd like to have one myself in about a year or two for my move to Texas...dont want to have to throw away everything...

my only problem is i dont have a place to store it till i need it...absolutely no trailer of any kind in the parking lot here...
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 4:48:13 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
i'd like to have one myself in about a year or two for my move to Texas...dont want to have to throw away everything...

my only problem is i dont have a place to store it till i need it...absolutely no trailer of any kind in the parking lot here...

HOLD THE PHONE...  you are moving back to Texas?  We show you what Virginia hospitality is and you want to go back?  I mean, I knew you enlisted in the Air Farce..  but I just figured that you where silly in your youth??    
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 4:48:49 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

HOLD THE PHONE...  you are moving back to Texas?  We show you what Virginia hospitality is and you want to go back?  I mean, I knew you enlisted in the Air Farce..  but I just figured that you where silly in your youth??    

knowing my luck it'll be much longer than i hope for but for the time being...im in good hands with the VA crew up here...no complaints
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top