Posted: 1/23/2006 6:32:26 PM EDT
that's some TIGHT enforcement there.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 3:21:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 3:58:34 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Come on now, you're kidding right?

Was anything listed 'for sale'?  I listed what I was planning on selling and running those lists by the hometown in terms of looking for 'no that'll never sell' or 'don't sell that!', and looking for advice on what would sell at a gun show and what wouldn't......  That's why I didn't put prices in.  I felt that would have crossed teh line into EE territory.  I don't know RobertM and I'm sure he's a nice guy and I thank him for his time moderating this forum, but maybe a IM first to tell me what was wrong with it and I just would've changed it.  I still don't know why it was locked, and now that its trashed......
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:13:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Darn...and just when I was going to add some Glocks I was "planning" on selling!

Hahahahahaha!  

Hometown Mod's Rule!

Steve.
Hallmark Small Arms.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:19:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:25:56 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Was anything listed 'for sale'?  I listed what I was planning on selling and running those lists by the hometown in terms of looking for 'no that'll never sell' or 'don't sell that!', and looking for advice on what would sell at a gun show and what wouldn't......  That's why I didn't put prices in.  I felt that would have crossed teh line into EE territory.  I don't know RobertM and I'm sure he's a nice guy and I thank him for his time moderating this forum, but maybe a IM first to tell me what was wrong with it and I just would've changed it.  I still don't know why it was locked, and now that its trashed......

That thread was like being at a yard sale. Everything laid out, just no prices listed. If I had read the thread earlier, I would of locked it myself. I didn't even read your thread untill it was locked. I saw the title, and your name as the author. I figured I didn't need to check behind you, so I never clicked on it. I guess I should have.

If I'm wrong I'm wrong........ I still would've liked an IM telling me 'you can't do X and please delete Y'.  
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 1:54:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 2:00:02 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If I'm wrong I'm wrong........ I still would've liked an IM telling me 'you can't do X and please delete Y'.  

It's possible that he locked the thread and felt the System Message was enough. It could be he locked the thread, but didn't have time to send off an IM. There are a lot of times I'll lock or trash a thread and never send a notification. I try to send them if I have the time, but that isn't always the case.

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:14:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:17:35 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
If I would have trashed it then I would have sent a IM.

No harm no foul.

Does everybody know how to search by state?

Just checking

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:21:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Yes, please review how to search by state

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:21:47 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's possible that he locked the thread and felt the System Message was enough. It could be he locked the thread, but didn't have time to send off an IM. There are a lot of times I'll lock or trash a thread and never send a notification. I try to send them if I have the time, but that isn't always the case.

System message is never enough, especially for first timers who get a thread locked and trashed.  I tried for two weeks to get an explanation as to why a thread was locked and account locked...and it never happened.  

I agree an IM first...with a deadline to correct is best...then lock it after failure to comply.

JUST MY TWO CENTS....SINCE I GOR A GREAT DEAL FROM JOE ON SOMETHING HE SOLD VIA EE
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:22:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:32:51 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Hmmmm somebody sent it to trash.

not me!  I'm willing to let it go, you guys are just keeping this site smooth and all.  no big deal.  just a huge conspiracy byt he man to keep the little guy down.  
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 12:42:43 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That thread was like being at a yard sale. Everything laid out, just no prices listed. If I had read the thread earlier, I would of locked it myself. I didn't even read your thread untill it was locked. I saw the title, and your name as the author. I figured I didn't need to check behind you, so I never clicked on it. I guess I should have.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top