Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/22/2006 10:55:34 AM EDT
anyone here go there then?
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 12:34:11 PM EDT
No, but I live a mile from there, and the school in the movie would be a HUGE improvement over the real TC Williams. Currently there is a MAJOR construction project underway which I hear will basically replace the old school.

shooter
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 1:20:52 PM EDT
My wife ('93) and her two brothers ('80 and '84) all went there. Isn't the movie set during the 1970's? She refuses to see it.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 3:10:08 PM EDT
i knew a few friends whose parents went there at the time. and yeah the school in the movie is from somewhere else and it looks a whole lot nicer. one parent i know graduated from hammond which was one of the high schools that was used to populate tc williams. but the guy graduated a year before hammond closed to become a middle school. the black coach from the movie--can't remember the name--taught drivers ed at hammond and taught my friend's dad how to drive.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 4:28:13 AM EDT
i was here as a kid back in the '70's and the movie seemed like it was blown WAAAY out of proportion...but i was a kid so maybe i missed the race riots and ku klux klan burning springfield to the ground...

all i seem to remember was that tc williams was respected as a local football powerhouse, nothing about it's "blackness". i also remember something about a lot of stealing of mascots. did tc have some kind of metal eagle or something?
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 3:57:44 AM EDT
Coach Boone lives two doors down the street from me. Very nice guy.
Top Top