Site Notices
Posted: 1/5/2006 4:43:58 PM EDT
Anyone going to the gun show at RIR?

I'll probably be there around 10-10:30
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 4:52:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 6:14:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Might go to the one in Dale City. Anyone have any feedback on those shows in DC?
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 7:25:05 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Might go to the one in Dale City. Anyone have any feedback on those shows in DC?

They are ok...  That was usually how I felt before the big Chantilly shows.  They USED to have reloading supplies (Powder) at these shows (Bealton and Dale City) but I believe that is no longer the case...

Better then doing nothing tho...  
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 3:29:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 4:07:43 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Saving my money for the show next weekend at the Showplace.

I'll be at both
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 12:51:38 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Anyone going to the gun show at RIR?

I'll probably be there around 10-10:30

I may be there at that time. Are you planning a meeting place for ar15.commers?
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 2:43:54 PM EDT
[#7]
C&E Dixie Classic is the only one worth going to.

The last one at RIC led to lots of BS with the ATF and local police.  Not my bag baby.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 4:00:55 PM EDT
[#8]
If anyone wants to meet up we can say the VCDL table at 10:30, i'll update tomorrow morning with what I will wear to identify me

I know about what happened after the last gun show, but I still wanna go, besides nothing better to do Saturday morning, it's a good way to kill a few hours
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 4:33:27 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
If anyone wants to meet up we can say the VCDL table at 10:30, i'll update tomorrow morning with what I will wear to identify me

I know about what happened after the last gun show, but I still wanna go, besides nothing better to do Saturday morning, it's a good way to kill a few hours

What happened? What happened??
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 4:53:52 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

ATF and Richmond PD illegally took 4473 information and went around to certain areas in Richmond(Henrico, Richmond city) and went to the wives of people buying firearms asking whether or not they knew "Your husband is buying a gun today". If no spouse was home, the police asked the same questions to the neighbors.

Someone FOIA the whole thing and found out it was actually sanctioned by the ATF/Henrico PD. The owners of the gun show have gone all the way to DC about it.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:52:26 PM EDT
[#11]
I may be there closer to 11am. I will have a Steelers cap on with a gold brim and the number 7 on it. It will say Roethlisberger on the back of it.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:58:30 PM EDT
[#12]
I will probally go and take the kid tomorrow (Sat.) I will probally have some "right wing" shirt on and a Social Distiortion or Land Rover hat on, It is not as good as the showplace, but that mean I may find a better deal. I need an upper for a project and a spring to hold in my muzzle break on an AK.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 3:50:06 AM EDT
[#13]
Where exactly is this show? I'm not familiar with Richmond Gun Shows.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 4:27:42 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I may be there closer to 11am. I will have a Steelers cap on with a gold brim and the number 7 on it. It will say Roethlisberger on the back of it.

Damn bro, you're okay in my book!

GO STEELERS!!!
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:44:39 AM EDT
[#15]
I will probably be there closer to 11 also. Say around the VCDL table? I'll have khaki cargo pants, grey sweater and a camo jacket on.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:40:04 AM EDT
[#16]

Save your time and hard earned money, fellas.  This show hit an all time low...

Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:41:30 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Save your time and hard earned money, fellas.  This show hit an all time low...

+1 I don't know if it was an all time low, but I can't believe I spent $7 on it.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 10:00:50 AM EDT
[#18]
Fewer tables than ever. But...lowest prices I've seen on handguns from Dark Sun, and ammunitionstore.com was there with Q3131 for $209/1000.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 11:00:11 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Fewer tables than ever. But...lowest prices I've seen on handguns from Dark Sun, and ammunitionstore.com was there with Q3131 for $209/1000.

+1 Picked up a Glock 30 from Dark Sun and saw Simian there.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 11:58:52 AM EDT
[#20]
visited dark sun myself, dunno if I saw anyone there or not! I got there early.

BTW, OT from the show, Town Police Supply in Collinsville (Martinsville) has really good police trade in pistols. Try G23 w/ 3 13rd'ers for $329. Some Sigs too.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 12:26:14 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Damn bro, you're okay in my book!

GO STEELERS!!!

Go Steelers!
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 12:30:28 PM EDT
[#22]
The show was really bad. It was at an all time low as previously stated. As far as deals...I thought that I had seen it all in the past but there were some outrageous pieces of junk for very high prices. Dark Sun was selling at nice prices though.

I saw one guy who had just taken in a 1911A1. I think a 1943 gun with a Remington slide and a Colt frame. Gun had been arsenal refinished at Augusta. That arsenal refinish was in horrible shape. Guy wanted $1200 for the gun. I kind of laughed at him.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 2:46:02 PM EDT
[#23]
I went, saw Simian. He is right the show blowed. The only thing I found on my list was a Colt standard stock for a Stag Lower build I am working on. I picked up a couple of books and a old copy of SGN and that was it.  I was looking for basic stuff like a spring and plunger to hold a muzzle break on an AK I have and no such luck. I will hit the Showplace next week for the real deal show.

I was amazed that the whole back of the space was open and did not have tables!!!
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 3:44:31 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

VCDL on what happened

Link Posted: 1/7/2006 3:45:02 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Saving my money for the show next weekend at the Showplace.

BTDT, huh?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top