Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/18/2003 7:14:32 AM EDT
I took a healthy 95# doe at 8:30am on Saturday, clean kill (40yrds. w/ buckshot) as well. After I got it to the butcher I headed out for the afternoon hunt. Saw 4 more does but let them pass. Went out again Monday and saw NOTHING. How are the rest of the Virginians doing?
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 2:22:38 PM EDT
[#1]
yesterday i decided to go hunting after school and got me a 8 point buck! i would say he was over 100 pounds. the rack isnt all that big but its good enough for me. i would of used a slug but the county i live in is illegal to use them so i had to use buckshot

this new regulation about not being able to kill does is just lame. i went hunting the first day and saw 3 does and all of them where really close but i couldnt do nothing
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 7:10:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Skunked so far.

Missed opening day because the kids were sick.  Went out today and heard a buck  grunting about 100 yards away across a field, but since it was still 5:15, we couldn't see him.  Got to our stands and had one go right between the stand I was in and the one (not even 50 yards away from me) my friend was in.  Snorting and carrying on, both of us heard him, but neither of us could see him.  Then the sun came up and summer began again, and that pretty much killed the rest of the day.  I doubt the dogs that were out helped matters much either.

Had a good time though.  
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 5:11:33 AM EDT
[#3]
I haven't seen anything but does so far (10-12), which aren't legal in my area until the last two days of the season. The warm weather we've been having is a real bummer for deer hunting. Very little deer movement between the first and last hours of daylight. The good news is that it's supposed to cool off this coming week so maybe the deer will get more active during the day.
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 2:43:20 PM EDT
[#4]

aren't legal in my area until the last two days of the season

dam that sucks. here its the last 20 some days of the season
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 2:54:32 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

20 Doe Days
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 3:47:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Took a nice 6 pointer at about 1300 on Opening Saturday, and an 8 pointer on Tues Morning.  Gonna go try and fill my other two tags tomorrow and Tues
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 4:10:37 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

No kidding? Hell, our (Botetourt County) entire general firearms season isn't but 13 days.
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 11:08:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Took a small doe on the opener of muzzle loader season.  Actually took the top of her skull off because that is the only shot she presented.  Took 3 more does during muzzle loader.  

Went to the property on Saturday and saw several does (they were legal, but I have enough meat now) and two bucks.  One was a small fork and the other was a nice 8 point, but I only got a glimpse of him.

So far, a good season.
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 12:53:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Took a 130# spike last Thursday.  Coolest thing was Friday when I had a doe run up on me w/in 8 feet and stood there...I was too busy staring at her to notice the f-ing buck behind her that finally got my attention by grunting at me.  Turned arround to see him jogging off...
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 1:12:26 PM EDT
[#10]
actually its the last 24 days. im glad i hunt in southampton
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top