Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/13/2003 1:00:52 PM EDT
There is/was a range near Martinsburg that had a rifle range, a pistol range and some skeet/trap ranges.  I can't remember the name and never visited but I remember talking to them on the phone a couple years ago and it sounded like a nice facility.

Nothing listed in the 'ranges' post matches it, anybody know the place I'm thinking of?
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 2:33:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I've heard stories about a 200 yard range up in that direction.     I think this is the info.

Sleepy Creek Wildelife Management Area,  Has a 200 yard range. Contact: Gary Strawn or Rich Rogers at (304) 822-3551.

Link Posted: 10/13/2003 4:40:33 PM EDT
[#2]
This was a commercial/private facility.  I remember that they held IPSC/IDPA type shoots if that helps.
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 9:22:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Dam, what's the name...I live 15mins from Martinsberg..I know exactly were your talking about...Buddy of mines a member...Been there a couple times...Pretty nice place for trap or pistols,But they kind of frown on the Black rifles so F**k em!..I go to sleepy creek at least twice a month...That's were my ar's picked up the nickname "bolt gun repellant",Anyway if you need more info i can call my bud and get the specifics..........UNDERDOG
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 9:33:10 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Pretty nice place for trap or pistols,But they kind of frown on the Black rifles so F**k em!

That's what I'm afraid of.  After the fun we had at BRD I want to find a place that'll host 3-gun and is closer to home for us northern VA guys.

I'll still contact them and ask if I can track down a contact.

Plan B is to see if we can get a "special use permit" or whatever to let us reserve one of the national forest ranges like Hite Hollow.  I know we can pretty much do that anyway but I'd like some official paperwork in case some yahoo decides to pitch a fit about how he couldn't sight in his bolt action '06 because we were running around on the range.  I still haven't made it to Hite Hollow but I know West Side would be great because it's got backstop on three sides so we could have 180 degrees of fire.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top