Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 10/13/2003 1:00:52 PM EDT
There is/was a range near Martinsburg that had a rifle range, a pistol range and some skeet/trap ranges. I can't remember the name and never visited but I remember talking to them on the phone a couple years ago and it sounded like a nice facility.

Nothing listed in the 'ranges' post matches it, anybody know the place I'm thinking of?
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 2:33:12 PM EDT
I've heard stories about a 200 yard range up in that direction. I think this is the info.

Sleepy Creek Wildelife Management Area, Has a 200 yard range. Contact: Gary Strawn or Rich Rogers at (304) 822-3551.

Link Posted: 10/13/2003 4:40:33 PM EDT
This was a commercial/private facility. I remember that they held IPSC/IDPA type shoots if that helps.
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 9:22:25 PM EDT
Dam, what's the name...I live 15mins from Martinsberg..I know exactly were your talking about...Buddy of mines a member...Been there a couple times...Pretty nice place for trap or pistols,But they kind of frown on the Black rifles so F**k em!..I go to sleepy creek at least twice a month...That's were my ar's picked up the nickname "bolt gun repellant",Anyway if you need more info i can call my bud and get the specifics..........UNDERDOG
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 9:33:10 PM EDT

Originally Posted By underdog75:
Pretty nice place for trap or pistols,But they kind of frown on the Black rifles so F**k em!

That's what I'm afraid of. After the fun we had at BRD I want to find a place that'll host 3-gun and is closer to home for us northern VA guys.

I'll still contact them and ask if I can track down a contact.

Plan B is to see if we can get a "special use permit" or whatever to let us reserve one of the national forest ranges like Hite Hollow. I know we can pretty much do that anyway but I'd like some official paperwork in case some yahoo decides to pitch a fit about how he couldn't sight in his bolt action '06 because we were running around on the range. I still haven't made it to Hite Hollow but I know West Side would be great because it's got backstop on three sides so we could have 180 degrees of fire.
Top Top