Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/15/2003 2:28:54 PM EDT
I live in Newport News and I need to find someone or gunsmith in this area to torque my barrel to my upper. I am not ready for the range yet (building on a budget) but this will knock off one item on the list.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 11:40:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Howdy Chas66,
 I live in NN also. I know that there was a thread in this forum a few months ago that listed all the AR gunsmiths in Hampton Roads. IIRC, there was a highly recommeded one in Portsmouth. I can't dig far enough back with the search function, but mabey our esteemed moderator can find it for you. Robert...you listening?
You could also try to call John at www.bobsnorfolk.com and ask him if he can do it. Chances are he can.
Hope this helps.

Edited to add: I've got some AR items listed in the EE if you need stocks, grips etc.
I'd give a fellow NN guy a good deal if I've got anything you could use.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 7:10:10 PM EDT
[#2]
I would think there is a member close enough that could do this for you. If I lived closer I would be willing to do so, but since I am about 2-3 hrs from you I think you can find someone closer.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 3:39:55 AM EDT
[#3]
I have all the tools, etc needed to do this (and other chores).  I'm down in Virginia Beach.  It's an absolute piece of cake to do it.  I mean it's so simple it's amazing that people charge for it.

If you would like, you can come down here and do it yourself in my garage.  If you haven't done it before, I can show you how.  It will take all of about ten minutes tops.  

Ross

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top