Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/26/2003 2:21:18 PM EDT
Fellow Virginians,

Do you have a good recommendition on a NoVA?

I'd prefer someone in Loudon rather then have to deal w/Fairfax's 3 day wait nonsense.

Thanks
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 4:55:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Loudon guns in Leesburg.
Are you doing a transfer, or looking to buy new?
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 5:01:46 PM EDT
[#2]
I've bought MANY guns from the folks at Loudon Guns.  I got the impression that they wouldn't be too keen on doing just a transfer.

I have 2 Makarov's that a guy in MI wants to trade with me for a Springfield Ultra Compact.  
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 5:47:36 PM EDT
[#3]
I've used a guy in manassas by the name of Walt Chrobak. (703)368-1288

Old dude..does it out of his house.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 5:55:43 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Thanks...One issue with this trade is the guy in MI STEADFASTLY believes he must use an FFL to SHIP.  I'm not going to pay a % of a trade for no good reason.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 9:26:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Most gun stores won't accept a handgun from a non-FFL because the sender must have a signed copy of the FFL to ensure that it is going to an FFL, and it's not very smart to send a copy of an FFL to just anyone.

Link Posted: 5/27/2003 5:56:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Bernie at VA ARMS are great - they are at Manassas - not too far away.

DD
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 6:01:04 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Most gun stores won't accept a handgun from a non-FFL because the sender must have a signed copy of the FFL to ensure that it is going to an FFL, and it's not very smart to send a copy of an FFL to just anyone.

All you really need is the 1st 3 digits and the last 5 digits these days.  With those numbers you can go here 199.196.145.75/FFLeZCheck
and send the weapon to the address shown if the FFL is current.

People that require an FFL to send also ware belts with their suspenders too I guess.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 6:50:43 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Loudon guns in Leesburg.
Are you doing a transfer, or looking to buy new?

Loudoun guns wanted to charge me $100 for a transfer , so "F" that.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 7:52:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Yea...They are not the friendly neighborhood gunshop.

I called Bernie (THANKS DD) at VirginiaArms.com and he'll do it for 20 Bucks.  

However he won't accept "assault style" weapons from non-ffls.  
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 8:33:27 AM EDT
[#10]
I also know a guy in the Nokesville area that is pretty friendly.

He's ex-Marine and he does "custom work" for a few snipers. You should see his workshop.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 8:46:45 AM EDT
[#11]
At this point I'm stumped by the guy on the other side if the trade...He now says if he sends the pistol to an FFL he has no proof that he nolonger owns it and if somehow the gun is linked to a crime...YADDAYADDA.

I'm 1 email from telling him to go piss up a rope.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 9:37:11 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Yea...They are not the friendly neighborhood gunshop.

I called Bernie (THANKS DD) at VirginiaArms.com and he'll do it for 20 Bucks.  

However he won't accept "assault style" weapons from non-ffls.  

Hmmm... FWIW I was told by them that they require a seller's FFL for prebans but none for postbans. I just emailed them a minute ago re  SA's Barrett Group buy .. i wonder if they would require an FFL for that (not a problem since SA is a dealer as well).

If i recall, Cliffy (Steve) mentioned a while back that he uses Gilbert's over at Backlick road - 15 bucks per transfer, but i am not sure.

DD
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 7:08:23 PM EDT
[#13]
I've used gilberts for a number of transfers.  They're no hassle ~$15 but are in FFX Co.  Here's their info-

703 550-8005
Address:8194-M Terminal Road
Lorton, VA  22079
They will want to send the FFL copy themselves so bring an envelope.

Shooter's Paridise down route 1 in woodbridge (marumsco plaza) has done some transfers for me in the past their no. is 703 491-4867.  they don't have that 5 day wait bs but since you were asking about loudon that may be a bit out of the way for you.

You might explain to the guy that he'll have a copy of the ffl that he sent the gun to and can give that to the MIB who can then go to the FFL and see who he sold to.. i mean its not like it disappears!

Link Posted: 5/28/2003 7:42:56 AM EDT
[#14]
Curt Thanks.

This guy is a nervous type...He finally got the point when I told him to call Bernie at Virginia Arms who now I can recommend as being knowlegeble and patient (all for a 20.00)!

So the saga continues.  
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 3:15:27 PM EDT
[#15]
John Brown at Battlefield Sports in Chantilly is a Class III FFL.  IIRC he charges $25 for transfers.  703-263-7676.

It's Ffx County so there's that stupid three-day waiting period to deal with.  Unfortunately I don't think the new pre-emption law trumps this regulation... yet...
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 3:29:56 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
John Brown at Battlefield Sports in Chantilly is a Class III FFL.  IIRC he charges $25 for transfers.  703-263-7676.

It's Ffx County so there's that stupid three-day waiting period to deal with.  Unfortunately I don't think the new pre-emption law trumps this regulation... yet...

Thanks-I went to Bernie at VAArms in Manassas to avoid the 3day wait.  I've waited 2 weeks already now the county wants to add 3 more days...No thanks.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 3:49:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Another option is Adam Firestone "Cruffler.com"  I've transferred and bought a few guns from Adam.  He is near Landmark.

You can probably get his info from cruffler.com or I can find his number if anyone wishes.  20 dollars.  

3 day wait?  I had no wait from Cruffler.  
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 4:09:49 PM EDT
[#18]
I think the reason for no wait is because Adam is in Alexandria.

FYI VirginiaArms in Manassas was great...And they only carry Non_PC rifles.  They have some great stuff Guys.  Check them out.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 6:07:40 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

hehehe...I used him for my SAR 2...he had this obnoxious yappy assed dog that ran around all hyper...I wanted to club the damn thing lol.  I sorta got the impression the guy mighta had a nip or two that night as well.  

W-W...try the fine folks at Virginia Arms in Manassas...they charge $20, including the nics.  They're happy to do just the transfer.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top