Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/14/2023 8:18:52 PM EDT
[#1]
So does this mean we are screwed for now? What is pending that may delay the 1/1 registration?
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 7:40:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Don't Freak Out Illinois, There is a Long Way to Go
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 7:49:08 PM EDT
[#3]
THIS WEEK'S "ASSAULT WEAPON" SCOTUS DECISIONS: Expected but Still Bad News For Illinois Gun Owners
Link Posted: 12/20/2023 7:01:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Is Illinois Finally Complying With It's Gun Registry?
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 4:51:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By winddummy82:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFJ6W57JRkQ
View Quote

TL;DR: no.

I just saved you 7 minutes of avoiding the point.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 9:51:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Injunction Against Illinois Registration is Denied . . .
Link Posted: 12/23/2023 12:57:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: F14ADC] [#7]
Of course it was.  And it will be appealed and SCOTUS will send it back down with instructions to rule by their precedents and the lower courts will again rule it good to go.  
Hear what I say, the Supreme Court will never slap any of this shit down. Never.  There I said the quiet part out loud.
Link Posted: 12/23/2023 1:07:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By F14ADC:
Of course it was.  And it will be appealed and SCOTUS will send it back down with instructions to rule by their precedents and the lower courts will again rule it good to go.  
Hear what I say, the Supreme Court will never slap any of this shit down. Never.  There I said the quiet part out loud.
View Quote

How Stunning and Brave of you.
Link Posted: 12/24/2023 6:33:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Illinois Gun Ban Registry Enforcement - What’s Coming? w/@BishopOnAir
Link Posted: 12/24/2023 10:23:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By J_Von_Random:

How Stunning and Brave of you.
View Quote

He’s right though
Link Posted: 12/24/2023 10:42:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By PorkchopSandwhiches:

He’s right though
View Quote

As long as you ignore every time he was wrong, sure.

Also I'm rather sick of people repeating the same edge lord stuff everyone else is saying, and trying to act like they have special insight while doing so.
Link Posted: 12/24/2023 10:52:32 PM EDT
[#12]

Also I'm rather sick of people repeating the same edge lord stuff everyone else is saying, and trying to act like they have special insight while doing so.
View Quote

and Im tired of the false hope going around that theres anyone in the courts thats going to overturn this bullshit
Link Posted: 12/25/2023 10:31:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: VodoundaVinci] [#13]

and Im tired of the false hope going around that theres anyone in the courts thats going to overturn this bullshit
View Quote

Keep the faith....I have ben chastised for negativity and been accused of trying to convince people /gun owners of Illinois to "give up" on other Illinois Forums. So I have vowed to try and abstain from the negativity. The SCOTUS will not look at the PICA Atrocity until all of the peripheral lawsuits have been completely litigated and appealed. This will be a while. But it's not time to throw in the towel yet. Makes plans that suit your situation - be that sell 'em, store them out of State, or register. There is hope yet....

Don't Freak Out Illinois, There is a Long Way to Go

I'm as negative as anyone and feel that the folks who believe that PICA is "unenforceable" and that no one is going to jail, so do not comply, are not focusing on this properly. Still....there's a long way to go before we give up. Keep the Faith.

VooDoo
Link Posted: 12/25/2023 2:12:08 PM EDT
[#14]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

He’s right though

My “special insight” as you say comes from the same source yours does.  We will have to wait and see who’s insight is right.
Link Posted: 12/25/2023 2:21:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Who knows when this will end. It might be very soon or might take a couple years. Important thing is not to comply with registration. I just rented a storage unit across the border. YMMV.
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 8:52:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Merry Christmas 2023, and an update
Link Posted: 12/27/2023 2:37:13 AM EDT
[#17]
Man Todd’s been through the wringer this year. If anyone knows if they will start a go fund me please post.
Link Posted: 12/27/2023 6:19:49 PM EDT
[#18]
New ISP Numbers — You’re Still Flipping Them the Bird
Link Posted: 12/28/2023 7:43:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Mass noncompliance of Illinois' gun ban registry seen by Guns Save Life
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 12:15:32 PM EDT
[#20]
The Sudden Influx of Gun Registrations in Illinois
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 5:55:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Attorney discusses 5th Amendment challenge to Illinois' gun ban registry
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 8:07:07 PM EDT
[#22]
What's Up Illinois? How Many of Caved at the Last Minute?
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 10:03:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Why Every Gun Owning American Needs to Circle This Date on the Calendar
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 10:03:54 PM EDT
[#24]
With legal challenges continuing, Pritzker reacts to Illinois' low gun ban registration rates
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 5:51:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Illinois, Was That Just the Biggest Waste of Time Ever?
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 6:22:51 PM EDT
[#26]
Fun with Numbers -- Illinois Gun Owners Flip Middle Finger to JB
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 6:24:41 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 1/13/2024 7:52:06 PM EDT
[#28]
A Currupt Federal Court Syaytem - Time to Change Tactics
Link Posted: 1/16/2024 8:26:43 PM EDT
[#29]
What was that you said Governor?
Link Posted: 1/17/2024 6:47:54 PM EDT
[#30]
Are the Hurdles Being Cleared for Confiscation in Illinois?
Link Posted: 1/17/2024 7:57:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: VodoundaVinci] [#31]
Here it comes. "Pry it from my cold dead hands" guys here's yer cue. Who would have thought it would start in Illinois?

VooDoo
Link Posted: 1/21/2024 9:54:38 PM EDT
[#32]
BREAKING!!! Supreme Court Ruling To End All "Assault Weapon" & Magazine Bans Put In Motion!
Link Posted: 1/22/2024 7:38:29 PM EDT
[#33]
Illinois, What in the World Are You Doing?
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 10:42:02 PM EDT
[#34]
Huge Win for Gun Owners, Nationwide
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 7:28:43 AM EDT
[#35]
BIG 2A WIN: OBAMA-APPOINTED FEDERAL JUDGE DECLARES FEDERAL GUN CONTROL LAW UNCONSTITUTIONAL
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 8:29:46 PM EDT
[#36]
Illinois Back IN Front of SCOTUS
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 10:41:21 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By VodoundaVinci:

Keep the faith....I have ben chastised for negativity and been accused of trying to convince people /gun owners of Illinois to "give up" on other Illinois Forums. So I have vowed to try and abstain from the negativity. The SCOTUS will not look at the PICA Atrocity until all of the peripheral lawsuits have been completely litigated and appealed. This will be a while. But it's not time to throw in the towel yet. Makes plans that suit your situation - be that sell 'em, store them out of State, or register. There is hope yet....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4NBBfqsW1U

I'm as negative as anyone and feel that the folks who believe that PICA is "unenforceable" and that no one is going to jail, so do not comply, are not focusing on this properly. Still....there's a long way to go before we give up. Keep the Faith.

VooDoo
View Quote

I'm sure that I'm more confused by this whole shit show than anyone as I haven't been able to keep up with it.  Is there an Guide for Dummies  or something as far as what's legal or not?  Can anyone dumb it down a bit?
If a person did own a firearm that is now restricted, and they didn't want to register it, how can they sell it without admitting guilt?  Isn't their only option to move it out of state or take the bigger chance and just sit on it?  
Again, I'm pretty far out of the loop on specifics.
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 10:54:09 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Ratbelly:

I'm sure that I'm more confused by this whole shit show than anyone as I haven't been able to keep up with it.  Is there an Guide for Dummies  or something as far as what's legal or not?  Can anyone dumb it down a bit?
If a person did own a firearm that is now restricted, and they didn't want to register it, how can they sell it without admitting guilt?  Isn't their only option to move it out of state or take the bigger chance and just sit on it?  
Again, I'm pretty far out of the loop on specifics.
View Quote

At this point your only options are to sit tight and say nothing, sell the firearm out of State (I'd opt for a consignment sale thru an out of State FFL) or store the firearm out of State. Mine are not in the State so I'm not in possession. Registering now should not be an option.

https://www.alphakoncepts.com/illinois-assault-weapon-ban-explained/

Basically any semi auto that has any of the "Assault Weapon Attachments" including collapsible/folding butt stock, pistol grip, flash hiders, etc. is now banned.

VooDoo
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 8:24:40 PM EDT
[#39]
HUGE NEW 2A RULING: FEDERAL COURT MAY HAVE OPENED THE DOOR FOR NATIONWIDE CONCEALED CARRY
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 9:41:28 PM EDT
[#40]
Cook Co. Ammo Tax challenge Re-enstated
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 6:25:13 PM EDT
[#41]
Proof that Illinois Really Does Hate Its Citizens
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 8:01:03 AM EDT
[#42]
When the Sheriffs Tell Your Attorney General to Pound Sand
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 9:41:22 PM EDT
[#43]
Proof That the Illinois FOID Card is the Biggest Sham Ever
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 9:10:15 PM EDT
[#44]
The Huge Decision the Supreme Court Has to Make This Month
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 6:34:36 PM EDT
[#45]
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top