Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 11/9/2023 8:52:08 PM EDT
[#1]
He might be doing the lords work, but am I the only one that thought bringing up his lightsaber or even mentioning Star Wars makes the majority of us look like fools? I get what he was trying to do by bringing up parts that would put one in violation of this horrendous 'law' but come on dude, lets not make things any worse.

Also, I've heard ABSOLUTELY no one mention that any of this violates FOPA, which I dont understand still. I take that back, i do understand that il politicians dont care about actual law or pre-existing regulations and constitutionality.
US Code, Title 18, Pt.1 Chapter 44, sub. 926
    (a)The Attorney General may prescribe only such rules and regulations as are necessary to carry out the provisions of this chapter, including—
(1)regulations providing that a person licensed under this chapter, when dealing with another person so licensed, shall provide such other licensed person a certified copy of this license;
(2)regulations providing for the issuance, at a reasonable cost, to a person licensed under this chapter, of certified copies of his license for use as provided under regulations issued under paragraph (1) of this subsection; and
(3)regulations providing for effective receipt and secure storage of firearms relinquished by or seized from persons described in subsection (d)(8) or (g)(8) of section 922.
No such rule or regulation prescribed after the date of the enactment of the Firearms Owners’ Protection Act may require that records required to be maintained under this chapter or any portion of the contents of such records, be recorded at or transferred to a facility owned, managed, or controlled by the United States or any State or any political subdivision thereof, nor that any system of registration of firearms, firearms owners, or firearms transactions or dispositions be established. Nothing in this section expands or restricts the Secretary’s [1] authority to inquire into the disposition of any firearm in the course of a criminal investigation.
Link Posted: 11/12/2023 9:18:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Preach it bother!  Illinois is FULL of lawyers but none seem to be able to put together a suit to make a proper challenge.
Link Posted: 11/12/2023 5:34:43 PM EDT
[#3]
How Many Guns Will Illinois Have to Confiscate?
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 1:28:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Gun registry hearing day 1 full video from Illinois State Police - Springfield, 11/02/23
Link Posted: 11/15/2023 9:27:38 AM EDT
[#5]
11/15 Breaking News Judge Denies State More Time to Answer MPI on Registration
Link Posted: 11/15/2023 6:52:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Judge denies IL's motion to delay response to gun ban registry injunction as other cases progress
Link Posted: 11/16/2023 11:20:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Is the Supreme Court Going to Stop Illinois' Gun Confiscation?
Link Posted: 11/18/2023 1:50:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Caulkins' conflict of interest case against Illinois' gun ban docketed by the U.S. Supreme Court
Link Posted: 11/21/2023 1:11:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Illinois' Firearm Owners ID card review board fields questions about appeals process
Link Posted: 11/21/2023 3:28:26 PM EDT
[#10]
4th Circuit Court of Appeals Rules Maryland FOID UNCONSTITIONAL 2-1 decision
Link Posted: 11/21/2023 9:27:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Is Anyone in Illinois Actually Registering Their Guns? Our Weekly Check In with Illinois.
Link Posted: 11/22/2023 5:52:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Update on Federal Challenges to Illinois Gun Ban
Link Posted: 11/22/2023 9:57:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Federal judge could rule on blocking Illinois' gun ban registry before Jan. 1 registration deadline
Link Posted: 11/23/2023 3:11:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Do We Have to Register Lightsabers & Blasters?
Link Posted: 11/26/2023 4:30:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Is There a Legal Workaround to Illinois' Gun Registry?
Link Posted: 11/26/2023 8:09:29 PM EDT
[#16]
NATIONWIDE CONCEALED CARRY: The New CCW Battle Plan to Counter Anti-Gunners...
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 6:51:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Does this FEC Case Telegraph More Problems for ATF & another 2A Windfall?
Link Posted: 11/30/2023 6:38:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Illinois Gun Ban Back In Front of SCOTUS
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 3:47:33 AM EDT
[#19]
Part 2 on the FEC Sleeper Case that Could Impact the 2A
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 6:32:07 AM EDT
[#20]
MAJOR BREAKING 2A SCOTUS NEWS! JUSTICE BARRETT ISSUES ORDER TODAY IN "ASSAULT WEAPONS" BAN CASE...
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 6:50:54 PM EDT
[#21]
IL SUPREME COURT 2A DECISION: REJECTED CCW/FOID APPLICANTS DENIED ACCESS TO THEIR OWN DATA...
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 7:16:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Is the Supreme Court Finally Going to Stop the Illinois Assault Weapon Ban?
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 7:52:26 PM EDT
[#23]
SAF wins 18-20 Year Old Right to Purchase Brown v ATF
Link Posted: 12/2/2023 7:45:38 PM EDT
[#24]
SCOTUS CONSIDERING ILLINOIS SUPREME COURT DECISION IN AR BAN CASE: Can we win it?
Link Posted: 12/3/2023 10:59:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Supreme Court Ruling To End All "Assault Weapon" & Magazine Bans In Motion!!!
Link Posted: 12/3/2023 11:00:54 PM EDT
[#26]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Zachb:
He might be doing the lords work, but am I the only one that thought bringing up his lightsaber or even mentioning Star Wars makes the majority of us look like fools? I get what he was trying to do by bringing up parts that would put one in violation of this horrendous 'law' but come on dude, lets not make things any worse.

Also, I've heard ABSOLUTELY no one mention that any of this violates FOPA, which I dont understand still. I take that back, i do understand that il politicians dont care about actual law or pre-existing regulations and constitutionality.
US Code, Title 18, Pt.1 Chapter 44, sub. 926
    (a)The Attorney General may prescribe only such rules and regulations as are necessary to carry out the provisions of this chapter, including—
(1)regulations providing that a person licensed under this chapter, when dealing with another person so licensed, shall provide such other licensed person a certified copy of this license;
(2)regulations providing for the issuance, at a reasonable cost, to a person licensed under this chapter, of certified copies of his license for use as provided under regulations issued under paragraph (1) of this subsection; and
(3)regulations providing for effective receipt and secure storage of firearms relinquished by or seized from persons described in subsection (d)(8) or (g)(8) of section 922.
No such rule or regulation prescribed after the date of the enactment of the Firearms Owners’ Protection Act may require that records required to be maintained under this chapter or any portion of the contents of such records, be recorded at or transferred to a facility owned, managed, or controlled by the United States or any State or any political subdivision thereof, nor that any system of registration of firearms, firearms owners, or firearms transactions or dispositions be established. Nothing in this section expands or restricts the Secretary’s [1] authority to inquire into the disposition of any firearm in the course of a criminal investigation.
View Quote

Dude, star wars has been mainstream for decades.
Link Posted: 12/4/2023 11:09:31 PM EDT
[#27]
Caulkins' attorney files supplemental brief to SCOTUS as Pritzker reacts to Naperville deadline
Link Posted: 12/5/2023 11:24:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CharlieD308] [#28]
He might be doing the lords work, but am I the only one that thought bringing up his lightsaber or even mentioning Star Wars makes the majority of us look like fools? I get what he was trying to do by bringing up parts that would put one in violation of this horrendous 'law' but come on dude, lets not make things any worse..............
View Quote

I was thinking the same thing.  I am not the only one in the groups I associate with who feel this way.
Link Posted: 12/5/2023 10:11:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Latest gun registry rules from Illinois State Police published ahead of JCAR meeting, court hearing
Link Posted: 12/5/2023 10:58:46 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By CharlieD308:

I was thinking the same thing.  I am not the only one in the groups I associate with who feel this way.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
He might be doing the lords work, but am I the only one that thought bringing up his lightsaber or even mentioning Star Wars makes the majority of us look like fools? I get what he was trying to do by bringing up parts that would put one in violation of this horrendous 'law' but come on dude, lets not make things any worse..............

Getting the state to admit on camera how messed up this law is is a good thing. Frankly, appearances don't matter anyway in a state gerrymandered to the gills to the point public opinion is functionally irrelevant.
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 12:11:08 AM EDT
[#31]
Let's not forget who is responsible for drafting and passing this legislation.  Let's go after them in the next election.
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 1:23:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: IceChimp] [#32]
Let's not forget who is responsible for drafting and passing this legislation.  Let's go after them in the next election.
View Quote

Good luck with that.

A) They specifically did it in a lame duck session to avoid that
B) Gerrymandering.
Attachment Attached File

ETA: just so it's clear, in our last election for the state house of reps, the party that got almost a full percentage point less than half the vote won 78/118 seats (66%), adding a whole 5 seats to their already supermajority because of the way they redistricted after the census. The people actually spoke but it didn't matter because their voice had been made irrelevant, it was right after this election that PICA was passed because they know they are untouchable now.
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 1:47:21 AM EDT
[#33]
View Quote

Unfortunately, in Illinois these days, the only vote that counts is the one you cast with your feet
Gary
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 8:12:21 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By IceChimp:

Good luck with that.

B) Gerrymandering.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/93986/IllinoisHouse_jpg-3050891.JPG
ETA: just so it's clear, in our last election for the state house of reps, the party that got almost a full percentage point less than half the vote won 78/118 seats (66%), adding a whole 5 seats to their already supermajority because of the way they redistricted after the census. The people actually spoke but it didn't matter because their voice had been made irrelevant, it was right after this election that PICA was passed because they know they are untouchable now.
View Quote

So we just quit?  No.  We dig in our heels and take political steps to regain control of our state and country by wresting it from the left.
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 10:54:45 AM EDT
[#35]

So we just quit?  No.  We dig in our heels and take political steps to regain control of our state and country by wresting it from the left.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By IceChimp:

Good luck with that.

B) Gerrymandering.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/93986/IllinoisHouse_jpg-3050891.JPG

I agreed with this sentiment before the Illinois Democratic party took away all representation from anyone south or west of Chicago following the census. It will take a hundred years or federal intervention to right what they have done with redistricting, it would take a complete party revolt to even come close to being able to get a 50/50  house or senate, much less getting the control of all three branches needed to make any meaningful change. Could we still get a Republican Governor sometimes due to it being entirely popular vote based? Sure, we saw last time around how much that means when the house and senate aren't going to buck party lines.

Truly the best option, if you can, is to leave Illinois for a gun/tax friendly purple state where your vote still matters and you can help stop the spread. Otherwise you can just enjoy sitting here in your R +30 or D+10 district where you can feel good about casting a meaningless vote.
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 7:15:33 PM EDT
[#36]
State asks SCOTUS to dismiss gun ban challenge as Barrett distributes Caulkins case to conference
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 11:48:41 PM EDT
[#37]
Supreme Court Rifle & Magazine Ban Decision Changing Second Amendment Landscape Forever!!!
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 7:40:18 PM EDT
[#38]
12/7 Update on Illinois Gun Ban
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 6:50:09 PM EDT
[#39]
2nd Circuit Court of Appeals Bad Decision on Revised Carry Law
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 7:31:59 PM EDT
[#40]
Illinois to the Supreme Court: Our Citizens Can Just Deal With It
Link Posted: 12/11/2023 5:39:22 PM EDT
[#41]
INSANE 2A NEWS: FEDERAL APPEALS COURT USES LAW THAT DOESN'T EXIST (!!!) TO TAKE AWAY 2A RIGHTS...
Link Posted: 12/11/2023 6:34:46 PM EDT
[#42]
Breaking News -- En Banc review denied in Naperville Gun Ban Challenge
Link Posted: 12/11/2023 8:21:18 PM EDT
[#43]
Breaking News -- 7th Circuit Denies En Banc in Illinois' Gun Ban Cases
Link Posted: 12/12/2023 5:53:15 AM EDT
[#44]
When Your Entire State Tells Your Governor to Pound Sand
Link Posted: 12/12/2023 4:20:53 PM EDT
[#45]
JCAR does not adopt final rules, Todd video 12/12/23
Link Posted: 12/12/2023 4:51:18 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By chumly2071:
JCAR does not adopt final rules, Todd video 12/12/23
View Quote

This is the best possible outcome.

So one more reason to wait on registration.  How can we know what the rules are if Illinois does not?  I think JCAR does not think this pile of BS will ever be enforced.
Link Posted: 12/12/2023 7:07:55 PM EDT
[#47]
12/12 JCAR Does Not Adopt Final Rules for Gun Registration
Link Posted: 12/12/2023 8:50:15 PM EDT
[#48]
12/12 Recap on Today's Hearing over Registration
Link Posted: 12/13/2023 9:01:22 AM EDT
[#49]
BREAKING NEWS: Why the 7th Circuit Just Helped Gun Owners in Illinois
Link Posted: 12/14/2023 6:39:55 PM EDT
[#50]
12/14/23 SCOTUS Denies Injunction Pending Appeal in Bevis v Naperville
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top