[#3]
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 9:36:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The trugger does not reset. Pressing on the sideplate will
Allow it to reset
View Quote
So you pull the trigger and it foes boom, then won't fire? Or does it occasionally fire? Either way the problem is in either the sear bar being tweaked out of position or the L shaped trigger lever is worn or bent. You sure it is a real deal all matching gun and not a force match?
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 5:39:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 6:55:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Per my post above, you charge the weapon, pull the trigger and it will fire.  It reloads but will not fire the next round.  If you press on the sideplate when loaded and pull the trigger it will fire.

I am aware that it is the trigger lever that is the issue.  I need someone to fix it as the Luger is one of the few firearms where even though I understand how it works I don't want to mess with the Rube Goldberg trigger assembly for tweaking/adjusting to get it to run reliably, hence why I asked for contact info for the Luger guy at Kane County/Wheaton so I could have someone who is well experienced do it.

I have already replaced the mainspring and sear spring and tried out a replacement sear bar.  I have narrowed it down to the trigger lever.  

Yes, as far as I know it is true all matching numbers and not a faked one, and even if it is faked it does not change the fact I would like to have it functional.

If you can recommend someone who is an expert on Lugers and get it running I would appreciate it.  Otherwise I guess I will work on it myself and/or order a replacement trigger lever and give it a go.

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote
Good luck, it is an easy fix. But you want someone else to do it I suggest you go to the Luger Forum.
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 12:37:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 2:04:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I have ordered a replacement sideplate and two spare trigger levers to fiddle with it some more.

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote
All you needed was the L shaped lever. The trigger is very simple, you need enough of a pad on the part that pushes the sear bar. Too thick the striker will follow. Remove material until it locks the striker back safely. That or simply bend the sear bar a bit as the tolerances are very tight, 1 or 2 mm can make it work properly.
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 6:07:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Simpsons LTD in Galesburg maybe?

https://www.simpsonltd.com/
View Quote
Can't be anyone else. Besides, he always shows up at Illinois gun shows. Great people to do business with.
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 1:50:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 2:15:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 9:15:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

It seems like you enjoy making vague posts, not answering my questions, or waiting until after the fact to answer them.  Thanks for the help, I don't need any further input.

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote
Nor will you ever get any. I usually tend to never again help people like you.
Top Top