Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2017 9:40:22 AM EDT
Check it out. Start calling your legislators.
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 12:20:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Filed bill.  Has not had committee assignment yet.

http://ilga.gov/legislation/BillStatus.asp?DocNum=4107&GAID=14&DocTypeID=HB&LegId=107988&SessionID=91&GA=100

Synopsis As Introduced
Amends the Criminal Code of 2012. Makes it unlawful to deliver, sell, or purchase or cause to be delivered, sold, or purchased or cause to be possessed by another, an assault weapon, assault weapon attachment, .50 caliber rifle, or .50 caliber cartridge. Makes it unlawful for any person to knowingly possess an assault weapon, .50 caliber rifle, or .50 caliber cartridge 300 days after the effective date of this amendatory Act, except possession of weapons registered with the State Police in the time provided. Provides exemptions and penalties. Prohibits delivery, sale, purchase, or possession of large capacity ammunition feeding devices. Provides exemptions and penalties. Prohibits the knowing sale, manufacture, purchase, possession, or carrying of a trigger modification device. Defines "trigger modification device". Effective immediately.

Fall legislative session starts the 24th IIRC
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 2:11:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Filed bill.  Has not had committee assignment yet.

http://ilga.gov/legislation/BillStatus.asp?DocNum=4107&GAID=14&DocTypeID=HB&LegId=107988&SessionID=91&GA=100

Synopsis As Introduced
Amends the Criminal Code of 2012. Makes it unlawful to deliver, sell, or purchase or cause to be delivered, sold, or purchased or cause to be possessed by another, an assault weapon, assault weapon attachment, .50 caliber rifle, or .50 caliber cartridge. Makes it unlawful for any person to knowingly possess an assault weapon, .50 caliber rifle, or .50 caliber cartridge 300 days after the effective date of this amendatory Act, except possession of weapons registered with the State Police in the time provided. Provides exemptions and penalties. Prohibits delivery, sale, purchase, or possession of large capacity ammunition feeding devices. Provides exemptions and penalties. Prohibits the knowing sale, manufacture, purchase, possession, or carrying of a trigger modification device. Defines "trigger modification device". Effective immediately.

Fall legislative session starts the 24th IIRC
View Quote
Well that's just fucking absurd, on top of being virtually impossible to enforce even if that flaming piece of shit did pass.
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 4:21:18 PM EDT
[#3]
My favorite line... "Prohibits the knowing..."

Ok, so I didn't know.  
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 4:56:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Does not give the name of the communist from Chicago who filled the bill. Our State just sucks.....
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 4:58:22 PM EDT
[#5]
What are the chances this will pass?
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 5:04:13 PM EDT
[#6]
All Chicagoland Progressive Democrats, except the one one turn coat, Representative Steven A. Andersson (R)
65th District in Geneva, IL. Time to light the fires and Fight this.
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 5:13:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Representative Martin J. Moylan (D) 55th District was the originator of the bill.
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 5:24:24 PM EDT
[#8]
I just read there's already 19 co-sponsors.  Kind of scary with so many of them choosing not to run next term.  Means they have no one to please or answer to.
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 5:28:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Looks like as of now it's nothing but Chicago-land crooks that even if it did pass they would still win another term with all those brain-washed sheep up north.
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 6:59:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Representative Martin J. Moylan (D) 55th District was the originator of the bill.
View Quote
http://ilga.gov/house/rep.asp?MemberID=2428

Representative Martin J. Moylan (D)
55th District

Springfield Office:
200-3S Stratton Office Building
Springfield, IL   62706
(217) 782-8007
District Office:
24 S. Des Plaines River Rd.
Ste. 400
Des Plaines, IL  60016
(847) 635-6821
(847) 635-8565 FAX
Email: [email protected]

Years served: January 2013 - Present

Committee assignments: Cities & Villages; Community College Access & Afford.; Construction Industry & Code Enforc (Chairperson); Government Consolidation & Modern; Mass Transit; Transportation: Vehicles & Safety.

Biography: Full-time legislator; attended the University of Illinois; member, Support Your Neighbor Commission; former Des Plaines mayor and alderman; former electrician and electrical inspector; former business representative, IBEW Local 134; married, has one son.
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 7:04:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
All Chicagoland Progressive Democrats, except the one one turn coat, Representative Steven A. Andersson (R)
View Quote
Andersson has said he will not be seeking re-election so the pressure of his constituents may not be a concern to him.
Link Posted: 10/7/2017 2:34:50 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote
That's my rep. Fuckin POS. I will be contacting him tomorrow. Unbelievable.

http://www.ilga.gov/house/Rep.asp?MemberID=2451
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 11:49:37 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

That's my rep. Fuckin POS. I will be contacting him tomorrow. Unbelievable.

http://www.ilga.gov/house/Rep.asp?MemberID=2451
View Quote
Per a 10/9 update from Todd Vandermyde, NRA  Illinois Lobbyist:

..."Rep Andersson just called me to let me know he did NOT authorize his name to be added tot he bill, he is NOT infavor of the bill and has NOT changed his position on the 2A issues.

He will be asking that his name be removed from the bill but since state government is closed today, it may not happen till tomorrow."...
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 12:20:11 PM EDT
[#14]
It looks like Rep. Andersson's name is off the bill.  In fact, the action adding him as a co-sponsor has been redacted, too, as opposed to seeing a second action with his name being removed as a co-sponsor.

House Sponsors
Rep. Martin J. Moylan - Mary E. Flowers, Emanuel Chris Welch, Michelle Mussman, Sonya M. Harper, Thaddeus Jones, Anna Moeller, Sara Feigenholtz, Natalie A. Manley, Linda Chapa LaVia, John C. D'Amico, Elizabeth Hernandez, Barbara Flynn Currie, Christian L. Mitchell, Laura Fine, Kelly M. Burke, Fred Crespo and Frances Ann Hurley
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 5:28:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Is there any update on HB4107?
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 5:58:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Is there any update on HB4107?
View Quote
It was pulled from yesterdays committee hearing.   At this time no additional meetings are scheduled.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 7:58:42 AM EDT
[#17]
Where do we stand with the slew of Anti-Gun bills currently?

What is Rauner's stance on our 2A rights, since he is not for law enforcement from what I can see, trying to kill or change the Constitution on LEO Retirement pensions.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 1:36:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 1:52:15 PM EDT
[#19]
I hope he shelves any BS gun bills over Vegas hysteria.

I was starting to have hope here in IL for our gun rights, we carry better CCW rights then some of the more gun friendly states, like Texas and others, we can go to bars that do a food service, carry at church, have no mag restrictions, etc. So to see all this recent BS has me wondering.

Off Topic (I apologize)

My wife is a retired LEO, put 28 years in with Sec of State police and rolled her local PD retirement in as well to the state's. So for her this is a pretty sore issue, especially since those officers never paid in to SS and didn't put their eggs into a 401K or other because they bought into the state's agreement.

To me they should be addressing current new hires, which I understand ISP no longer does the pension and expects a 401K.

But here in lies the problem, they want to retain quality LEO, they need to act like they will honor them and their commitments. I would expect no less for our .Mil guys.

Cause we all know that the State Reps, Senators, and others in politics ain't cutting any of their pie out And the waste up in Shitcago is a whole other matter.

Thanks for the response
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 6:37:19 PM EDT
[#20]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top