Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/4/2017 5:18:16 PM EDT
I live in a suburb in cook county.  I keep my AR rifles in my parents safe in Lake County.  Has anyone run into trouble storing an AR upper assembly in cook county?  I know i am being paranoid, and that technically it is not a firearm as it has no serial number.  I just don't want any headaches from CC.  I have made sure to keep all >10 shot magazines in Lake County, even for my home defense pistol.  I would just like to be able to mount optics on an upper once in a while without running afoul of the CC regulations.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 5:26:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I live in southern Cook county.
I keep everything at home in the safe.
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 6:01:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I have an AR SBR in cook county. As well as other regular AR’s and an AR pistol. Your towns laws may vary though.
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 6:33:31 PM EDT
[#3]
After Vegas the antis are going to try to make things harder.  They even drug out their puppet Gabby Giffords.
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 3:18:35 PM EDT
[#4]
BIL lives in Oak Lawn and he's never had a problem.
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 11:36:02 AM EDT
[#5]
As long as your home town doesn't have a specific ban, and is a home rule community, you should not have a problem. You may purchase AR's in Cook County gun stores. 
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 5:48:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
After Vegas the antis are going to try to make things harder.  They even drug out their puppet Gabby Giffords.
View Quote
It's sad that her husband drags her out to be some mouthpiece for anti's when she was a 2A back in her day.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top