Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2017 9:15:03 AM EDT
Bryanna
7:55:53 a.m.
Thank you for contacting MidwayUSA! How may I help you today?

Matthew
7:55:59 a.m.
Hello, the checkout process is saying that I can not buy certain glock mags because I live in cook county, IL. But my address is not in Cook County, it is in DuPage County

Bryanna
7:57:03 a.m.
I'm terribly sorry to hear about that, Matthew. I'd be happy to check the status of your account.

7:58:25 a.m.
Unfortunately it looks like you are within a close enough range to Cook County that we are unable to ship magazines over 10 rounds to you. I really do apologize for the inconvenience.

Neighboring counties even get the boot
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 9:30:01 AM EDT
[#1]
W! T! F!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 1:06:19 PM EDT
[#2]
New level of stupid there. 
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 1:22:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 2:49:40 PM EDT
[#4]
I appreciate it Mike, I'll do one better. I should be in the area Monday, will try to stop by
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 3:26:03 PM EDT
[#5]
The online dealers making up their own rules are actually worse than the laws here.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 12:21:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Does your zip code span the county line perhaps?

- Chris
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 6:18:14 AM EDT
[#7]
There has to be a back story to this.  At some point MidwayUSA may have had an issue and they are protecting their backsides.

If you are angry about problems with magazine restrictions, look no farther than Chicago.

If you want to purchase magazines, I would look no farther than DSArms.
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 8:48:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Does your zip code span the county line perhaps?

- Chris
View Quote
I'm in Bartlett, so my town does span cook and dupage, that's the only reason I can think of
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 5:40:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I'm in Bartlett, so my town does span cook and dupage, that's the only reason I can think of
View Quote
That'll do it. I had the same issue with one of my FFL's in Buffalo Grove. Bud's wouldn't ship a UTS-15 until I sent them a map with the county on it. Nevermind that the UTS-15 is Chicago legal...
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 9:03:36 PM EDT
[#10]
I tried calling and talking to them through the website, but it got me no where. Funny thing is that 5 months ago I had a bunch of pmags shipped from them no problem
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 8:18:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Fuck Midway up their asses, they wouldn't ship 30rd AR mags to me in fucking Warren county. I fucking hate Midway and haven't ordered anything from them in many years because they are such cocksuckers. They never would get back to me after I contacted them about their error.

FUCK YOU LARRY POTTERFIELD
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 10:51:16 PM EDT
[#12]
How aggravating it is that as the legal restrictions have been lifted over Illinois it is the retailers that have been the problem more so than government.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 10:27:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
How aggravating it is that as the legal restrictions have been lifted over Illinois it is the retailers that have been the problem more so than government.
View Quote
Yep, even though the laws here suck, retailers making up their own rules are even worse.

Bud's won't ship anything if you've got a Chicago billing address, not even a single shot 22.
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 8:38:29 AM EDT
[#14]
No shit. Boyd's won't sell me wood furniture for an AR. I'm way downstate from Chicago.
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 12:05:41 PM EDT
[#15]
I bought an M&P 15-22...Grab A Gun sent no magazine......

I turned around when picking it up where I did the transfer and grabbed one off the rack!

CYA is in full affect for some retailers.
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 5:47:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote
I am in Bartlett also and have had issues with PSA and Midway, I use AIM for glock mags now and SGammo. It sucks living here half the town is Cook and the other half is Dupage.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top