Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/15/2017 12:51:59 AM EDT
Howdy fellow neighbors ,

Had a chance to hit buffalo range again today  , last month with my brothers & this time with friend. That place is really nice & really nice staff.

Took the AR pistols a few Glock 19's & my new glock 42. I just picked it up last week from my FFL , $390 shipped so it wasn't that bad cause my ffl charged me just a few bucks for the transfer.

AR pistols ran flawless , ran them pretty wet this time & will run them like that from now on. I was using weapon shield & go-juice , no issues with either lube so I will be using either one without hesitation. bcm H2 buffers & lmt springs turned out to be the perfect setup for these pistols. MRO & T1 sights were right on ( pretty good ) at 50yds using 12" dirty bird targets. We didn't try the 100yd range , next time......

Glock 19's run without issues , 10yd / 15yd were pretty on. I was shooting alittle left at first but after I calmed down a bit i was doing pretty good on 8" dirty bird targets , speeding up but not too fast follow up shots. The range officer was really kewl.

Now the surprise of the day was the new g42 after hearing some issues about ammo bias. I gave it a good cleaning after I got it , had alot of copper anti-sieze on this one so I made sure it was all gone. I used weapon shield for lube & it was ready. I bought a 350rd Winchester 95gr case & managed to shoot 250rds thru it , it ran & ran...flawless. My buddy had a FTE but I saw that coming , called it too. He wasn't getting high on the beavertail area & he was using a tea cup grip also which caused 1 issue , the only issue. I talked with him after it happened , he made the correction & he didn't have another issue.
I was really pleasantly surprised at how easy to shoot it was , a pussy cat. I didn't take it past 10yds shooting at 8" dirty bird targets but it did its job & at that distance it gives me plenty of confidence in it. I again was shooting alittle left at first but still on the 8" target at first & after calming down started doing well
even when I turned up the pace alittle on follow up shots , had to get used to its size.

Gonna order some 380 gold dots & hst rounds & see what it likes , this will for sure be a summer carry piece along with a few extra mags of course.

It was a good day.......
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 2:31:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like fun.
A bad day at the range is better than a good day work
I've never shot a public range (except when I got me CCL), I always shoot on private property. I've heard range rules can be a bit cumbersome/burdensome or sometimes brutally strict. 
How's the Buffalo Range for that?
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 3:22:50 PM EDT
[#2]
From what I experienced they are pretty strict on safety when range is cold , which is good. I have only been there twice & both times were Monday's getting there at the time range opens. Not crowded at all.

They are petty good about letting you shoot ( 50yd rifle/pistol ) as long as your not messing up the wood frames or shooting rapid , very rapid fire. The pit is a different show. Bring lots of Ammo for the pit if you intend to find out how fast & accurate you can shoot you firearms , safely.

Ammo is alittle pricey but I always bring my own , It's been all positive for me.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 11:26:16 AM EDT
[#3]
I went there one time, will never go back.  Seems like every time my buddies and I make it to a range somewhere the topic comes up of what a unbelievable dickhead the RSO was at that range.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 5:03:49 PM EDT
[#4]
My Glock 42 has digested every hollow point and fmj round I've run through it.  Speer Gold Dots is my current carry round.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 5:49:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I went there one time, will never go back.  Seems like every time my buddies and I make it to a range somewhere the topic comes up of what a unbelievable dickhead the RSO was at that range.
View Quote
That's a bummer , haven't had that happen. The staff tells me Fri/sat/sun makes that place a totally different range. The people have to wait to use the different ranges & the pit can get really crowded. I wouldn't enjoy that & I suspect the staff gets a workout on those days... mondays are the days to enjoy an almost empty range.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 5:57:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
My Glock 42 has digested every hollow point and fmj round I've run through it.  Speer Gold Dots is my current carry round.
View Quote
I have found a place that ships to Chicago , targetsportsusa. I will be ordering from them from now on. They seem to have a good variety of different loads in 9mm & now , 380 with pretty good prices. Also variety & good prices on 223/5.56 which will also be ordered.

90gr golddots look like a good carry load that I will be trying on my g42
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 8:52:14 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm using Hornady American Shooter 90 grain XTP in my Glock 42.  I bought mine at the Rockton Farm & Fleet when I was visiting my Daughter.  The XTP feeds great in my G-42 and is reasonably priced.  If you watch the youtube videos the 380 hollow points tend to under penetrate.  The XTP doesn't expand as much as the Gold Dots, HST or WW train & defend ammo but penetrates deeper.

I agree the Glock 42 is a very soft shooting 380 compared to the blow back designed 380 pistols.  The Glock 42 is no slouch on accuracy, if I do my part I can hit my steel plate at 50 yards.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 12:01:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I'm using Hornady American Shooter 90 grain XTP in my Glock 42.  I bought mine at the Rockton Farm & Fleet when I was visiting my Daughter.  The XTP feeds great in my G-42 and is reasonably priced.  If you watch the youtube videos the 380 hollow points tend to under penetrate.  The XTP doesn't expand as much as the Gold Dots, HST or WW train & defend ammo but penetrates deeper.

I agree the Glock 42 is a very soft shooting 380 compared to the blow back designed 380 pistols.  The Glock 42 is no slouch on accuracy, if I do my part I can hit my steel plate at 50 yards.
View Quote
I'll keep an eye out for some Hornady XTP , I'm gonna try a few different HP loads to see what it shoots best......50yds , I'm not that good.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 6:40:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
I sold my Glock 43s. I kept my Glock 42.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top