Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/26/2006 7:10:55 PM EDT
Just saw He's thinking about running for Gov. Whats his stance on AWB? CCW? 2nd Amend?Patriot wahts your opinion on him? I'm lost with info on him.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 2:47:30 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Just saw He's thinking about running for Gov. Whats his stance on AWB? CCW? 2nd Amend?Patriot wahts your opinion on him? I'm lost with info on him.

I'm sorry but I am not farmiliar with him.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 3:52:09 AM EDT
[#2]
He is the heir apparent to Jesse Jackson. I don't know what his stands on any issues are, I would assume ultra-liberal. But if he has learned from Jesse, his main interest will be shaking down businesses for his own personal enrichment. This would be some special kind of state with Meeks as govenor and Jesse Jackson Jr. as Mayor!
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 5:37:08 AM EDT
[#3]
If he runs, I would think he'd steal votes from Blago.

Link Posted: 3/27/2006 7:32:17 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I'm thinking the same thing. It must have Blago worried.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 12:52:21 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm thinking the same thing. It must have Blago worried.

About damn time
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 1:13:58 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Meeks is Pastor at Salem Baptist church on the far south-side. . Huge congregation and TV audience on WJYS TV Ch. 62

he seems better for our cause than 'blago'
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 2:11:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Project vote smart

He gets an "A" rating from Illinois Citizens For Handgun Control.

Link Posted: 3/27/2006 2:20:24 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
he seems better for our cause than 'blago'

So is my left nut, but I aint gonna vote for it. We need someone we can actually get behind and support wholeheartly.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 3:05:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 3:12:33 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
He stated at a televised "mass"(whatever it is to them) that if he doesn't get the "White Christian Vote" he will stand in front of the cameras and call them all racists.

He is more like Jesse Jackson than Jesse Jackson Jr. is.

He will pull the votes from Blago, which is why blago has been meeting with him, to try and get him to not run.  Topinka, in one of her smarter moves, has agreed to debate Blago only if Rev. Meeks is a invited participant.  Blago doesn't want that to happen.  If the good reverend runs for Gov. Blago will loose alot of the "black christian" votes.  His grand standing at the churches in chicago will mean almost nothing when one of their own reverends is running.  Lets hope that Meeks runs and pulls enough votes from cook county to bust blago.

Well we can pray.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 3:32:43 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Lets hope that Meeks runs and pulls enough votes from cook county to bust blago.

That is my hope too!
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 4:00:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh who to vote for Judy Bar? Or the good Rev? What shall I do come Nov.? Ah may be I will just stay home and sleep that day.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 4:20:10 PM EDT
[#13]
I believe the good Reverend needs 25,000 signatures to get his name on the ballot.  Where do I sign?
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 8:57:48 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I believe the good Reverend needs 25,000 signatures to get his name on the ballot.  Where do I sign?

FIRE MISSION!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 4:02:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Heh... my dad and Meeks' dad used to be co-workers.  They've been good friends for somewhere over 20 years, and still talk to each other occasionally.  There have been times where I've almost wanted to ask my dad to get this guy's home phone number and let him have it.

In light of recent developments, I think I'll just sit back and laugh as Chicago socialiasts torpedo each other into oblivion.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 4:18:26 PM EDT
[#16]
He's a typical Chicago gun grabber.

Thinks he is above the law.  He and his entorage were stopped by Chicago Police, the right rev acted the ass, stepped out of the car and got a pistola pointed at him.  Clearly racial profiling, he claimed.  

CPD Sergeant jacked with severely but cleared of any wrong doing.  More racial profiling crap spread in the media and Meeks benifits politically.  Incredible.

He is the best thing that could happen to Judy.  Judy is CLEARLY the lesser of two evils.  Capital Fax Blog, my uninformed gun bearing friends!  thecapitalfaxblog.com.  dg

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 11:00:09 PM EDT
[#17]
He is a racist, anti-police, leftist piece of human garbage.  That is my "humble" opinion.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 2:37:11 AM EDT
[#18]
Good to know. Now that there is dialogue, I know who he is. Good thing we keep the political correctness movemenet going huh? How long  until that 150 year free pass expires?

Link Posted: 3/30/2006 4:12:11 AM EDT
[#19]
there clearly isnt a decent choice to be had, thats for certain.
while one is taking us over the cliff at 100mph, the next choice will do it at 150mph.
i cant bring myself to vote for any of them, the lessor of two evils or not.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 11:30:04 PM EDT
[#20]
i think its time to move to indiana...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top