Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/2/2006 8:23:30 AM EDT
I am confused:

Brady, a 12-year veteran of the legislature, supports the federal ban on rapid-fire automatic “assault- style” weapons. As Governor, he has pledged to veto any legislation banning the sale and possession of semi-automatic weapons which are functionally equivalent to very common hunting and target- shooting firearms.

So whats a "rapid-fire automatic “assault- style” weapons" and also what does he mean by "semi-automatic weapons which are functionally equivalent to very common hunting and target- shooting firearms."

See my second post for source:
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:30:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like he supports the federal ban of 1986, but doesn't support the federal ban of '93 and doesn't support HB2414 in Illinois.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:45:13 AM EDT
[#2]
If he wants to ban weaponry, then he's not getting my vote.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:50:47 AM EDT
[#3]
If he wants to ban weapons, he can kiss my ass.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 9:09:09 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I am confused:

Brady, a 12-year veteran of the legislature, supports the federal ban on rapid-fire automatic “assault- style” weapons. As Governor, he has pledged to veto any legislation banning the sale and possession of semi-automatic weapons which are functionally equivalent to very common hunting and target- shooting firearms.

So whats a "rapid-fire automatic “assault- style” weapons" and also what does he mean by "semi-automatic weapons which are functionally equivalent to very common hunting and target- shooting firearms."

Best you provide a link where Brady has said he supports the fededal ban on "rapid-fire automatic" assault weapons.....other wise you are going to cause a back wash.

Rapid fire....would  mean full automatic, One pull and empty the clip
Semi-fire....would mean 1 pull and 1 shot,  1 pull and 1 shot till the clip is empty.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 9:10:24 AM EDT
[#5]
at least hes a better option than anyone else????????

or we could have 4 more years of blago........................................

"NOW THERE IS A BETTER OPTION".
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 9:27:09 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Oberweis has said he would sign a bill to allow CCW and he supports the RKBA.
It's either:
-him
-Brady-obviously now anti-gun
-Topinka-RINO
-Gidwitz-all talk and no substance
-Blago.

I'll take Oberweis over four more years of Blago.  
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 9:45:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Brady may be anti gun for full auto weapons....I need to see the link to the quote.

BUT he's not for the current bill HB2414.

You think ISRA would back him if he was for HB2414 and other pro gun bills....FAt chance, even though they screw up, they don't  cluster frack the good reps.

Here's a link to his campaign site. I found nothing there that says he supports a federal ban on full auto weapons.  Nothing but good on the 2nd amendment..
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 9:57:11 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's either:
-him
-Topinka-RINO
-Blago.

Brady also supports CCW!

Myself, I think someone is trying to stir the pot by the first thread.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 11:24:02 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's either:
-him
-Topinka-RINO
-Blago.

Brady also supports CCW!

Myself, I think someone is trying to stir the pot by the first thread.

I stand corrected then.  
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 11:35:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Here is the link of where i got the comment:

http://www.mchenrycountyblog.com/

search for "Bill Brady Wins Endorsement of ISRA PAC"

I think the best choice would be Oberweiss or Brady myself.   Not trying to stir the pot but trying to get all the info possible I do not want to believe one thing about the canidate and then they belive in   another.

Its a positive post but the way it was worded threw me.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 11:44:10 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I think the best choice would be Oberweiss or Brady myself.   Not trying to stir the pot but trying to get all the info possible I do not want to believe one thing about the canidate and then they belive in   another.

Check this Link.

Check this Link too. Fourth story down.

Neither one has that  information.  

Forgiveneww ask about stiring the pot.  I'm sure you could understand my concern.

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 12:38:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Whoa whoa whoa guys.  Brady has never supported any ban on semi-automatic weapons.  He made this comment in an attempt to show people that fully-automatic weapons are already banned (effectively banned, they've been heavily restricted since the National Firearms Act of 1934).  This is the ban he said he supports.

Remember, politicians (especially in Illinois) can't come out and say things like they support automatic weapons. That has been the death of many politicians, including Alan Keyes I believe. As much as I'd like to see it, we've gotta have some understanding that certain things can't be said.

Oberweis on the other hand has stated on TV that he supported the renewal of the Clinton "assault weapons" ban.  This was in 2004 guys.  Oberweis has completely flip-flopped on so-called "assault weapons."  Brady has never to my knowledge changed his stance on this issue.  He not only would sign CCW, but would actively work with the General Assembly to actually get the thing passed.

Still unsure?  Brady has almost 15 years of voting record in your state legislature.  He's been our pro-gun ally all that time.  He recently even introduced a bill to repeal the FOID completely.

Why am I supporting him?  For those of you who don't know, I'm the founder of ICarry.org, a state-wide, grassroots, NO COMPROMISE, gun-rights organization.  We've been around less than a year, but we're pretty popular already.  We endorsed Brady almost 2 months ago, because we know he's tested, tried, and proven.  He hasn't flopped on anything that I know of, and we've got his voting record.

The sad truth is that the conservative vote is going to be split between Brady and Oberweis.  Do I like Oberweis?  He's not bad, and he would certainly be my second choice.  I frankly don't trust him a bit because of his stance changes.  However, I would prefer him over Topinka for sure.  Gidwitz is a gun-banner and doesn't stand a chance.

Oberweis doesn't have half the chance of beating Rod that Brady has as well.  Brady is an experienced legislator.  Oberweis has 0 experience in public office.  If you look at the recent polls, Brady vs. Blago is a much closer margin than Oberweis vs Blago.  But polls suck anyways.  The fact of the matter is, this is the guy we should back.

I hope you agree with me and will vote for Brady.  Check out our website if you want to learn more about us.  www.icarry.org is the real deal.

Shaun Kranish
Founder-Director, ICarry.org
[email protected]
815-979-3885
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 12:45:56 PM EDT
[#13]
SAk...you must have seen my post over at our other hang out.

Which by the way, I'm having difficultly getting in....something keeps nukeing the site.

I hope what SAK has said has loosen those that got their panties in a bunch.

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 1:15:17 PM EDT
[#14]
My panties are loose now!
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 1:20:52 PM EDT
[#15]
I hope so :)

Brady is NOT anti-gun.  And I really don't want to see people split the vote and vote for Obergeist ;)
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 1:45:38 PM EDT
[#16]
With all do respect we need to vote for 1. If the pro gunners are 1/2 for Brady and 1/2 for Oberweiss, we lose and Blago stays. We all need to agree/support for 1........
who shall it be Oberweiss, or Brady ? We need everyone to spread word.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 2:03:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Well, we took a poll a while back at ICarry.  I'll dig up the results...

http://www.icarry.org/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=91&mode=&order=0&thold=0

Bill Brady : 30
Jim Oberweis : 12
Gun-ban Rod : 3
Judy B. Topinka : 1
Ron Gidwitz : 0

That was over a month ago as well.  I bet the margin now would be 4:1 or better easily.  The choice is pretty clear among us that REALLY delve into this political stuff.  Unfortunately Obergeist has spent a lot of money to win over gun owners.

VOTE FOR BRADY!!!
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:04:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Well we're about 8 million votes short to beat Rod "I'll screw you" .
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 10:09:46 PM EDT
[#19]
I tend to think that anyone that can get someone to pay $9 a gallon for milk is a manipulator.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 10:43:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Man, you guys are fucked!

This is why I left Illinois...
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 3:00:00 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I am confused:

See my second post for source:

Sounds like he's a typical politician playing both sides of the field.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 3:04:42 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Only a politician who blantantly says he DOES NOT support a certain type of firearm would be endorsed by ISRA.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top