Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/10/2006 12:09:04 PM EDT
Any one know of a good place to buy lowers and other parts in northern Illinois?  Preferrably in Rockford or west, even into Wisconsin?  I just picked up a 6.5mm upper, now I need the rest of it including mags and ammo.  Thanks for any help you can offer.  
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 12:45:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Is it the Grendel??  Which model????

If you need 6.5 Grendel mags and ammo let me know I can get them for you.  I am in the Crystal Lake area.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 1:00:34 PM EDT
[#2]
have you tried RB Precision ? ... they are a Dealer on these Forums ... link to website:
http://www.rbprecision.com/
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 1:19:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Illinois is the ar capital of the world it should not be hard to find parts....just think of all the ar-15 companys in Illinois
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 1:50:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Bulletstop in Loves Park has stripped RRA lowers cheaper than I've heard of anywhere else . I bought two last week for less than group price in stock  

Parts kits, lower completion kits, uppers, whole bunch  of stuff he didn't carry before...  but no 6.5 mags/ammo  or 6.8 either....     Midway for brass/dies???   If someone carried it, prob. be $1 round

He did have some 40 round .223 mags that I tested and found do work in my Bushmasters...  What about modifying a 40 round, prob. get 32 rounds of 6.8 in there??

Was in picking up old Colt SAA today, had to be 30 ar's in there, all the brands pretty much

And yes, I'm going down to Pine Tree to test the old cowboy gun out (or am I an idiot buying a 40 year old unfired Colt--TO SHOOT?)
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:18:11 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Bulletstop in Loves Park has stripped RRA lowers cheaper than I've heard of anywhere else

i'm a stones throw(40min) from there.. i got my first ar-15 there...  few weeks later went to get a stripped reciever there.. and the owner was a JERK ...real high on himself... told me "stripped lowers no matter what are considered handguns so you need to be 21"...  that was about 5 years ago....i havent been back since(he lost over $3000 worth of my buisness)...

i went to RB Precision about 16 months ago ... picked up 2 stripped PWA's for i think $105 each i think it was...

they are great.. very nice people... and DEFINITLY worth the drive(really not that bad of a drive at all)
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:13:03 PM EDT
[#6]
well if you want someone that will sell handguns to someone under 21 (stripped recievers are handguns until they are made into a rifle, then will always be rifle), there WAS the Shootin Shack in Rockford, he did that sort of thing all the time...

Link Posted: 2/11/2006 1:15:33 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
well if you want someone that will sell handguns to someone under 21 (stripped recievers are handguns until they are made into a rifle, then will always be rifle), there WAS the Shootin Shack in Rockford, he did that sort of thing all the time...

nope they are NOT considered handguns no matter what.....  if you want them registered as a pistol its 21... if you want it registered as a rifle its 18.... you have a choice
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 1:22:05 PM EDT
[#8]
How about R-Guns in Carpentersville? They have a good selection at decent prices.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top