Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/20/2006 1:54:49 PM EDT
Ok all, today I recieved a much larger tax refund than I was suspecting. So I was thinking what to do with it. Yes, of course i'm gonna buy a rifle. This is where the dillema comes in.

If I buy the match rifle i've been wanting the AWB ban may go through and it will be "taken" away.

If I balk and just get something "legal" and they grandfather our AR's and such. I will screw myself.

So... what to do?
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 2:57:02 PM EDT
[#1]
i'd like to think that it'll be grandfathered in.  it'll be hard enough to get it passed let alone telling all of these politicians their constituants are illegal all of the sudden.  anyone else agree??  just my .02

jake
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 3:03:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Buy the match rifle. If there's no "grandfather" (which there will be) , then your other rifles will be well protected when Daley's Stormtroopers show up on the horizon.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 3:12:21 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Buy the match rifle. If there's no "grandfather" (which there will be) , then your other rifles will be well protected when Daley's Stormtroopers show up on the horizon.

+1  I can't see how the bill woul pass without the granfather clause.  Even if it somehow does pass without...are they planning on coming to all of our doors and forcing us to hand our ARs over?
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 3:15:33 PM EDT
[#4]
with a grandfather clause can or would you be able to buy repair parts?
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 7:07:46 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
with a grandfather clause can or would you be able to buy repair parts?

Depends on how it's worded.  

But I'd guess yes, if it's based on the fed awb.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:17:49 PM EDT
[#6]
hopefully it wont even go............

but if it doesi hope we can at least buy parts
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 9:22:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Man, do not even be thinking about a grandfather clause. That is what they hope will relax our resolve.

"Awww. At least I get to keep the ones I have."

NO DICE!

If we think that way we are truly doomed. It's No ban Or no vote for every legislator that wavers. And we have to let them know again and again. I am writing a letter a week telling my state reps (and other people's as well) that....

House Bill 2414 and anti 2nd Amendment activity in general.

"I stand with the ISRA and my fellow shooters against this bill and am committed to the type of painful legislative change associated with voting for those that are helping the cause of 2nd amendment preservation and against those that either do not help or do nothing. To many , myself included, it is no longer enough to simply be a republican faced by a anti 2nd Amendment democrat to get my vote. That republican will have to earn my vote by being actively pro 2nd Amendment. If he or she is not they become un-electable to me. I will withhold my vote for that candidate and look for one that better represents the Constitution of the United States. I am looking for lawmakers that recognize and reject the lies that Mayor Daley and Gov. Blagojevich purport to be facts."

Last year Canadians were hassled with mandatory registration and possible confiscations of many of their firearms. The Gov't finally had to back down when Canadian Gun owners collectively said " Come and get'em" By mass non compliance. The Govt. caved when faced with the fact that they would have to actually do it.

WE may have to do just that. The possibility does not excite me.

A Grandfather clause is a consolation prize for the losers. I don't want one. It is their way of "making us an offer."

Fuck em!

JR
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 10:01:58 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Man, do not even be thinking about a grandfather clause. That is what they hope will relax our resolve.

"Awww. At least I get to keep the ones I have."

NO DICE!

If we think that way we are truly doomed. It's No ban Or no vote for every legislator that wavers. And we have to let them know again and again. I am writing a letter a week telling my state reps (and other people's as well) that....

House Bill 2414 and anti 2nd Amendment activity in general.

"I stand with the ISRA and my fellow shooters against this bill and am committed to the type of painful legislative change associated with voting for those that are helping the cause of 2nd amendment preservation and against those that either do not help or do nothing. To many , myself included, it is no longer enough to simply be a republican faced by a anti 2nd Amendment democrat to get my vote. That republican will have to earn my vote by being actively pro 2nd Amendment. If he or she is not they become un-electable to me. I will withhold my vote for that candidate and look for one that better represents the Constitution of the United States. I am looking for lawmakers that recognize and reject the lies that Mayor Daley and Gov. Blagojevich purport to be facts."

Last year Canadians were hassled with mandatory registration and possible confiscations of many of their firearms. The Gov't finally had to back down when Canadian Gun owners collectively said " Come and get'em" By mass non compliance. The Govt. caved when faced with the fact that they would have to actually do it.

WE may have to do just that. The possibility does not excite me.

A Grandfather clause is a consolation prize for the losers. I don't want one. It is their way of "making us an offer."

Fuck em!

JR

well said
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 10:11:57 AM EDT
[#9]
WOW , That is well written racecar , I may use that if you dont mind.  It is sure better than the one where I call cooks , well ,Crooks.

WE will be all lumped into the crook list  if this passes.  That is what We need to tell them.

Never forget the Downstate Allies,  Praise them, They listen.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 1:39:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Woodbutcher

Sure go ahead. Copy and paste all you like. If the fence sitters hear it every day from lots of people it might sink in. ( it may take a while and we will take some hits along the way.)

Add to that ,that you will be "watching how they vote and writng it down for use the next time they run."

The follow up is we have to actualy pay attention to when they run and if the screw us, vote against them.

We know what way the dems will vote. If the republican is going to puss out we might as well get rid of him or her.

If they waver they are not helping. If they waver they are not a friend to the cause.

JR

Link Posted: 1/23/2006 2:14:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Get the gun you want, unless you have omniscient powers to tell what is going to happen with the legislation.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top